These Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites are a tasty bite-sized treat for parties! A creamy pumpkin filling and a swirl of whipped cream make them irresistible. These desserts are delicious, adorable, and perfect for the fall season.
Autumn is a great time to enjoy a pumpkin cream cold brew and bake pumpkin treats. These pumpkin spice latte cheesecakes combine coffee and pumpkin flavors in a delicious cheesecake form.
I used these pumpkin Oreo cheesecakes as the base for these mini pumpkin cheesecakes. Then added homemade coffee whipped cream and a chocolate-covered coffee bean to make them look cute and taste delicious.
Why Make This Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
Once you try these pumpkin cheesecake bites, you'll be hooked! The creamy cheesecake filling complements the pumpkin flavor perfectly. They are easy to make and look fancy, so I love bringing them to fall parties.
- So easy to make. Making cheesecake bites is a quick and easy process. Unlike large cheesecakes that need special pans and a water bath, these bites are baked in a standard mini muffin pan.
- Delicious fall flavor. The filling for these desserts is made of cream cheese, pumpkin puree, and warm spices to create a delightful pumpkin spice flavor. It's a classic fall combination of flavors enjoyed in a single bite.
- Bite-sized servings. These mini cheesecakes are perfect for parties or brunch and bake much faster than full-sized cheesecakes. They are the perfect fall dessert.
Here are the ingredients for the perfect texture and flavor in your pumpkin cheesecake. Don't worry - they're all commonly available at the grocery store.
- Vanilla Wafers - Crush vanilla wafers into crumbs in your food processor or use graham cracker crumbs.
- Melted Butter - Holds the crust together and adds a buttery flavor.
- Cream Cheese - It's crucial to soften your cream cheese to room temperature before whipping it.
- Granulated Sugar - Use regular white sugar to sweeten the filling. Try brown sugar for a richer flavor.
- Greek Yogurt - This adds a rich creaminess that balances the cream cheese. Sour cream works well, too.
- Pumpkin Puree - Use either canned or homemade pumpkin puree. Skip the pumpkin pie mix; it's not the same thing.
- Vanilla Extract - Adds a good flavor.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice - Add this spice blend to the cheesecake filling and save extra for garnish.
- All-Purpose Flour - A little flour will absorb any excess moisture as the cheesecake bakes and helps prevent splitting.
- Egg - This will bind the batter together and lift your cheesecake slightly.
- Heavy Whipping Cream - It's essential to use heavy cream because it makes a fluffy, luxurious whipped cream.
- Powdered Sugar - This sweetens the whipped topping.
- Instant Coffee Granules - Adds a rich coffee flavor for that PSL experience.
- Chocolate-Covered Coffee Beans - Place one on each cheesecake for a beautiful display and a little crunch!
How to Make Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites
This pumpkin cheesecake bites recipe may seem complicated, but it's actually quite simple with a few steps. The crust and filling come together quickly. Once they are baked and cooled, add whipped cream on top. That's it!
- Combine the cookie crumbs and butter. Spoon evenly into the bottom of 24 mini cupcake liners. Press down firmly with a small tart maker.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until creamy. Add the yogurt, vanilla, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and flour and beat again. Add the egg and beat until mixed in.
- Spoon the cheesecake batter evenly into the liners. They will be very full. Bake in a preheated oven for 18-19 minutes.
- Remove and let the bites cool in the pan for 10 minutes, and then remove them and place on a wire rack to cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Place the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and instant coffee in a chilled bowl. Beat at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Use a piping bag and icing tip 1M to create a swirl on top of the chilled cheesecakes. Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice, and top with a chocolate-covered coffee bean before serving.
Store leftover cheesecakes in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. You can also freeze extra cheesecake bites in a freezer-safe container for 2-3 months. Let them thaw in the fridge before serving.
Tips and Tricks
- Use room-temperature cream cheese. This will ensure your cream cheese is creamy when you beat it.
- Do not overbeat. If you overmix the batter, you will get cracks in your little cheesecakes.
- Add flour. Use a bit in the batter to thicken it and keep it from cracking.
- Use a steam bath. Bake cheesecake over a pan of steaming water to give them a creamy consistency.
- Do not overbake. The edges of the cheesecake should be well set, and the center should be set but still jiggly (kind of like Jello).
- Adjust the Crust - Instead of Nilla Wafers, substitute crushed gingersnap cookies, Oreos, or even Biscoff cookies. You can also make a classic graham cracker crust. They're all so delicious!
- Mufiin-sized Cheesecakes - Bake the batter in regular-sized muffin pans instead of one-bite cheesecakes. Adjust the baking time to match these pumpkin cheesecakes.
- Different Toppings - If you do not like coffee-flavored treats, use vanilla whipped cream or chai whipped cream instead.
This recipe makes 24 mini cheesecake bites.
Making cheesecake without an electric mixer is difficult and requires significant arm strength to get a fluffy texture. To achieve the perfect consistency, it's important to whip the cream cheese until it's light and fluffy, which can be challenging with a whisk. Using a hand or stand mixer is more effective and gives better results.
Pumpkin pie filling is sweetened and spiced, while pumpkin puree is not. When making cheesecake, use pumpkin puree for a more consistent and delicious outcome.
Keep cheesecake in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Cheesecake can also be frozen. To keep the cheesecake in the freezer, wrap the unfrosted cheesecake in plastic wrap, then place it in a freezer-safe bag or container. Thaw in the fridge overnight, then add whipped cream when ready to serve.
More Pumpkin Desserts
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
- Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake Pie
- Best Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
- Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Pudding Poke Cake
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and a review in the comments section below.
*This post was first published in October 2016. The post and photos were updated and then republished in November 2023.