These Pumpkin S’mores Rice Krispie Treats will be the first Halloween treat to go at any party. Chocolate, pumpkin, and marshmallow makes these easy no bake desserts so delicious.
*Be sure you sign up for the free BruCrew email, so you see these recipes in your inbox each day.*
The other day I was looking through my recipes, and I realized that I have only shared two other rice Krispie treats with you since last fall!
Only two, people! I am seriously questioning my rice krispie treat love right now. I thought I was a die hard fan, but the records show I have been slacking in this department.
I bought a few bags of holiday candies and marshmallows the other day, and now I have so many fun ideas going through my head. Finally, I decided to just make an easy Rice Krispie treat.
But at the last minute, I decided to jazz it up with some s’mores flavor. It’s me we are talking about after all.
Lately, I have been obsessing over pumpkin mixed with s’mores. I fell in love with this combo when I made these Pumpkin S’mores Bars.
It is such a fun combo of flavors. Perfect fall meets summer/bonfire treat!
For these pumpkin Rice Krispie treats I used a bag of pumpkin marshmallows instead of the normal ones. I suggest buying 2 bags of these seasonal marshmallows when you can find them because they are so good. You will love the pumpkin spice flavor that these soft marshmallows has.
They are also delicious on top of a Dark Chocolate Latte, if you were wondering.
How to make Pumpkin S’mores Rice Krispie Treats:
- Place the pumpkin marshmallows and butter in a pan and melt down slowly.
- Stir in the cereals until every thing is coated. Let the mixture cool for a few minutes before stirring in the mini marshmallows and chocolate chunks because they will melt if you add them too soon.
- After 5-6 minutes, stir in the marshmallows and chocolate chunks quickly.
- Immediately spoon the mixture into a buttered baking dish and press them down gently. Pro Tip: Use a piece of parchment paper to press the mixture down gently. Do not press the treats too hard, or they will set up hard and crunchy. Soft, chewy treats are what we are going for here!
- Let the pumpkin treats cool before cutting into squares.
How to Decorate Rice Krispie Treats for Halloween:
- Press an orange striped paper straw into each square.
- Wrap a piece of Halloween washi tape around the top of the straw and cut into a flag shape.
- Drizzle each square with melted chocolate and sprinkle with a few mini marshmallow bits.
More easy Halloween treats you may like:
- Make Your Own Monster Cookie Pops
- Peanut Butter Zombie Eyeballs
- Frankenstein Marshmallows
- Pudding Filled Dirt Cupcakes
- Reese’s Owls
- More Halloween recipes
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also have a fun Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 - 8 ounce bag Pumpkin Spice Mallows
- 3 cups chocolate Rice Krispies cereal
- 2 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 8 snack sized Hershey bars, chopped
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate melts
- 1/4 cup Mallow Bits
- Butter an 8x8 baking dish and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the Pumpkin Spice marshmallows and continue to stir until completely melted.
- Stir in the Rice Krispie cereal and Golden Grahams until completely coated. Let cool for 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in the miniature marshmallows and chocolate candy bar chunks quickly. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Use a piece of parchment papper to press the mixture firmly, yet gently. Do not press too hard or your treats will be hard and crunchy.
- Let cool completely. Cut into 16 squares. Press a straw with a washi flag on top into the top of each square.
- Melt the chocolate melts according to the package directions. Spoon into a small ziplock baggie and cut one corner off.
- Drizzle over the tops of the rice krispie treats and top with mallow bits. Store in a covered container on the counter.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 390Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 114mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 5gSugar: 34gProtein: 5g
*The post for Pumpkin S’mores Rice Krispie Treats was first published on October 14, 2014. The post has been updated and republished on October 3, 2019.