Baking mix muffins get a hit of fresh fruit and chocolate in these Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins.
Are you ready for the fourth of July tomorrow? Do you have your menu made and your fireworks purchased?
This year I have a wedding cake due in 2 days, so I am staying home by myself, while my husband takes the kids to visit my in-laws. No grilled food or sparklers for me. I will be up to my eyes in frosting and cake layers. Maybe I can get everything finished in record time with a quiet house. LOL! I will probably be enjoying all that quiet and put off working on the cake until later in the day.
A few weeks ago raspberries were on sale, so I bought a few boxes. I always have to buy an extra box to bake with because my house is inhabited by fruit monsters. I am so happy my kids like to nosh on fresh fruit and veggies. We try to get them to eat as much of that as possible because they are developing a serious sweet tooth living with me 🙂
I knew that I wanted to incorporate the raspberries into a breakfast muffin, so I went with this easy baking mix version. You do not even need a mixer for these muffins. Whisk everything together in a bowl and stir in the berries. Easy peasy. I added sparkling sugar to the tops of mine for some shimmer, but you could leave that out if you want to save a few calories.
Bake a batch tonight in some fun red liners and you will be ready for a delicious and festive breakfast tomorrow.
Have a wonderful Fourth of July!!!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups baking mix (Bisquick)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, cut in half
- sparkling sugar (Wilton)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, oil, and sugar. Whisk completely. Slowly stir in the baking mix and chocolate chips. Do no over mix. Gently stir in the raspberries being careful not to crush the berries.
- Fill muffin liners 3/4 full and sprinkle with sparkling sugar. Bake at 400* for 13-14 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.
Other fun red breakfast and desserts to help celebrate July 4th with: