Try these Peanut Butter Banana Muffins the next time you have ripe bananas. These soft banana muffins with chocolate chips are perfect for breakfast or afternoon snacking.
Add a mug of this peanut butter chocolate latte, and you will have a breakfast that peanut butter lover's will drool over.
Banana and peanut butter is a timeless combo that I will always love. In fact, I love it so much that I loaded these muffins with ripe bananas, peanut butter, and chocolate chips too. Chocolate is almost always a must when I bake with bananas.
These are the softest, fluffiest peanut butter banana muffins ever! If fact they completely knocked these double chocolate banana muffins out of the number one spot.
Our daughter would be perfectly happy if I kept these muffins on the counter and this banana and peanut butter ice cream in the freezer all the time.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Soft fluffy muffins in less than 30 minutes.
- Delicious banana and peanut butter flavor!
- Loaded with chocolate chips!
- Freeze well, so you can make a double batch for later.
Key Ingredients Needed
These banana muffins come together easily with items found in your pantry. The best part is that they take less than 30 minutes to make from start to finish.
- Granulated Sugar - Adds a sweet taste to the muffins. Brown sugar can also be used, but it will add a slightly different flavor.
- Canola Oil - Using oil in muffins gives them a moist tender texture. It also keeps the focus on other flavors in the recipe.
- Peanut Butter - This recipe was tested with creamy peanut butter. Crunchy can be used as well, if you are ok with a crunch in your muffins.
- Bananas - It is important to note that you need to use overripe bananas for the best flavor. If the bananas on your counter are not quite ready, learn how to quickly ripen bananas using one of our tips.
Tips and Tricks
- Use very ripe bananas. Buy a bunch and set them aside until they are brown and spotty. Extra ripe bananas make the best baked goods.
- Line your muffin pans with cupcake liners. You can grease the tins and bake them without liners, but I found they didn't rise as pretty when baked that way. The taste was exactly the same though. The liners give the batter something to hold on to as they are baking.
- Do NOT over mix your batter. Of course, this is an important thing to remember with almost all things you bake. Over-mixing ingredients can create a dry tough muffin. Light and fluffy muffins are what we are going for here, so do not over mix.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the liners. You are going to fill the liners almost full. Do not worry. They will not over bake and create a mess in your oven. Trust me. I tested this recipe four different times, and they never overflowed.
- Add a few extra chocolate chips to the tops of the muffins before baking them. It's not necessary, but I just love how it makes the peanut butter muffins prettier. And extra chocolate is never to be questioned.
- Do not let the finished muffins stay in the muffin tin after the timer goes off. The banana muffins will continue to bake in a hot tin, so remove them after two or three minutes.
- Make a double batch of these peanut butter banana muffins and freeze one for later. Our son says they are amazing right out of the freezer, while our daughter likes to microwave them for 10 seconds for hot melty chips. Both ways are perfectly acceptable and delicious.
Keep the muffins in a tightly sealed container on your counter. The peanut butter banana muffins will stay fresh for 2-3 days.
These banana muffins are also freezer friendly. Freeze the muffins in a tightly sealed freezer bag for 1-2 months. Eat straight from the freezer or microwave 10 seconds.
Variations and Mix-Ins
Try using any of these ingredients in place of the chocolate chips.
- Peanut Butter Chips or Butterscotch Chips
- Nuts - Walnuts, Pecans, or Almonds
- Toffee Bits
- Sweetened Shredded Coconut
More Banana Muffins
- S'mores Muffin
- Dark Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Banana Nutella Muffins
- Butterscotch Muffins
- Banana Marble Muffins
- Banana Pudding Muffins
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and a review in the comments section below.