These copycat Seven Layer Burritos are easy to make for dinner on busy nights. Rice, beans, veggies, and sour cream in a tortilla are so delicious together.
It is that time of year when everyone is trying to get back into a good routine with school, sports schedules, and dinner times. We are constantly on the go running between different soccer, volleyball, and dance practices.
With our busy schedules, we are spending more quality time in the kitchen preparing easy meals that we can enjoy together.
Our kids have grown up helping us in the kitchen. Did you know that studies have shown that cooking with your children teaches them to have better eating habits later in life?
Cooking can also be a fun time to catch up on the day with them too. Let them handle the little things like mashing and stirring, while you do the chopping. Then you can start asking questions about what they learned in school and who did what.
The Seven Layer Burritos from Taco Bell were always one of my favorite things to get when I was in high school. I was looking for an easy dinner that we could make in minutes, so I decided to recreate those burritos with items from our pantry.
How to make Seven Layer Burritos:
- Prepare the instant Spanish rice according to package directions. (full recipe at bottom of post)
- Warm the refried beans in a microwave safe bowl.
- Make a batch of Spicy Guacamole.
- Spread beans down the center of warmed tortillas.
- Add spoonfuls of rice, cheese, guacamole, sour cream, tomatoes, and lettuce.
- Roll up and serve.
You might want to give your kids (and some adults) some guidelines on how many spoonfuls are too much for in a tortilla.
Some of the burritos our kids made ended up way too big to fold up at first, but they quickly figured out how to not over fill them.
Other copycat recipes you may like:
- Chipotle Chicken Pasta – easy Cheesecake Factory copycat
- Homemade Baking Mix – DIY Bisquick
- Oatmeal Cream Pies – Little Debbie copycat
- Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte – easy Starbucks recipe
- Frosted Rainbow Chip Brownies – copycat Little Debbie recipe
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Be sure to follow us on our social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 10 - 8 inch flour tortillas
- 15 ounce can refried beans
- 1 package instant Spanish rice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained well
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup spicy guacamole
- Prepare the rice according to the package directions.
- Open the can of refried beans and spoon into a glass bowl. Heat in the microwave for at least 1 minute or until heated through.
- Heat the tortillas for 20-30 seconds too.
- Spread a layer of beans down the middle of the tortillas.
- Top with a little bit of rice, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, and guacamole.
- Roll up and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 296Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 519mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 10g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.