Tomatoes and basil give this easy beef pasta a delicious flavor. It is the perfect 20 minute meal you can enjoy any day of the week.
What? You weren't going to ask if I was officially obsessed with making pasta dinners?
Well, I will just admit it now before you start wondering. I am officially and totally in love with creating new pasta dinners.
The idea for this pasta came from a magazine I was reading at my son's orthodontist appointment. Now here's the problem. I have absolutely no idea what magazine it was. All I remember is there was a dinner with pan roasted tomatoes and basil.
And the dr.'s office is an hour away, so I can't just pop in one day to see if that magazine is still sitting there. Even if I could...I don't remember what the front cover looked like. So, let's just pretend I came up with this entire meal by myself 🙂
Ok, fine. Let's just talk about something I do remember. And that is just how good this pasta was.
This "sauce" for this dish comes from sautéing the tomatoes and basil in olive oil. Then toss it with already cooked pasta and cooked beef fajita meat. You can buy the meat at Sam's Club, but any pre cooked beef fajita mix from any store would work. Sprinkle the warm pasta with some shredded parmesan cheese before serving.
A dinner that is easy, delicious, and ready in 20 minutes. Perfect for those busy (or lazy) days of summer
- 2 ¼ cups frozen, precooked beef fajitas meat (I buy a 24 ounce bag from Sam's Club)
- 12 ounces pasta (I used bowtie)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 ounces fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper
- shredded parmesan cheese
- Saute the meat in 1 tablespoon oil over low-medium heat until heated all the way through. Remove from the heat, cover, and set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the al dente package directions. Drain and toss with 4 tablespoons olive oil. Cover and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil up. Add the tomatoes and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the chopped basil and cook for 1-2 more minutes. Stir the meat and tomatoes into the pasta.
- Stir and season with salt and pepper to tast and serve with shredded parmesan cheese if desired. Makes 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 333Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 209mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 16g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
More pasta recipes that get rave reviews in our house: