Alfredo Ravioli is an easy comfort food meal that comes together in under 20 minutes! This easy pasta dish combines chicken, ravioli, and Alfredo sauce for a delicious flavor that’s sure to please everyone.
I love being able to make quick and easy skillet meals in a matter of minutes. These types of meals are convenient when we are busy, yet want a satisfying meal. This cheesy chicken pasta and this cheddar sausage pasta are a few that we love making.
Our family also loves Alfredo pasta. This time I used cheese ravioli in place of fettuccini noodles, and it was an instant hit with everyone.
Why Make Ravioli with Alfredo Sauce
This easy Alfredo ravioli with chicken is perfect for a quick weeknight meal, yet fancy enough to serve at a dinner party.
- Easy to Prepare: The simple ingredients are available in most grocery stores, and the recipe is easy to follow. This is an ideal option for families who are short on time. They can have a tasty meal without spending hours cooking.
- Delicious Comfort Food: The combination of creamy sauce and cheesy pasta will leave you feeling warm and satisfied. It's perfect for a cozy night in or after a long day.
- Versatile Meal: You can make it different ways to suit your taste. For example, you can choose a ravioli filled with cheese, meat, or veggies. You can also add different flavors to the sauce, such as lemon or extra garlic.
- Great Family Dinner: It's a creamy pasta dish that both kids and adults will enjoy eating.
This Alfredo ravioli recipe is perfect for busy nights. I use mostly prepackaged items to save a little bit of time, but feel free to do any of it homemade if you want.
- Ravioli - You will need one large bag of frozen or fresh cheese ravioli for this recipe. Spinach or mushroom ravioli would also be good.
- Veggies - Spinach and tomatoes add a great flavor and BLT taste.
- Chicken - Feel free to use any leftover chicken, grilled chicken, or rotisserie chicken for this recipe.
- Bacon - Crispy cooked bacon takes this creamy dish to a whole new level.
- Alfredo Sauce - Use one jar of your favorite sauce or make your favorite homemade sauce.
- Mozzarella Cheese - Shredded cheese adds a delicious golden layer to the top of the skillet ravioli.
How to Make Alfredo Ravioli
Make this chicken Alfredo ravioli recipe in less than half an hour. All thanks to a bag of frozen ravioli and a jar of pasta sauce. It's such a quick and easy meal.
- Cook the ravioli. Heat a pot of water to boiling. Drop the ravioli in and cook until they float. Drain and drizzle with olive oil to keep from sticking.
- Sauté the veggies and meat. Cook the tomatoes in olive oil until they burst. Add the spinach, cooked chicken, and bacon and heat until the spinach wilts.
- Stir in the Alfredo sauce. Add the sauce to the cooked veggies. Rinse the cooked ravioli in hot water and drain again. Add to the mixture and stir until everything is coated. Continue to simmer until everything is hot.
- Add cheese and broil. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and heat under a broiler until melted.
How to Serve Chicken and Ravioli
This easy pasta dinner is a full meal all on its own. But sometimes it is nice to add some side dishes and bread to stretch it out a little further. Here are a few of our favorites.
In the Refrigerator - Place the cooled pasta in a tightly sealed container and refrigerate for 3-4 days.
In the Freezer - As long as you used a jarred Alfredo sauce you can freeze this meal. Spoon it into a freezer safe container or bag and freeze for 1-2 months. Thaw and heat before serving.
To Reheat - Heat single servings in the microwave until hot or reheat all of it in a skillet over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
Tips and Tricks
- Use a store bought rotisserie chicken to simplify the dish.
- Make this a meatless meal by leaving out the chicken and bacon. Add extra veggies to the sauce such as green peppers and mushrooms.
- Cooking time for this pasta dish depends on whether you are using fresh or frozen ravioli.
- Be careful when dropping the ravioli into the pot of boiling water. The pasta can splash as they fall and the hot water will burn your hands.
- Grate your own cheese for best results. Prepackaged shredded cheese has a coating that hinders it from melting very well.
You can use whatever your favorite brand of Alfredo sauce is. You can also make a homemade Alfredo sauce if you prefer that instead.
Fresh ravioli will cook in boiling water in 3-4 minutes. Boil frozen ravioli for about 10 minutes, or until they start to float to the top of the water.
Make sure the pot of water comes to a boil before dropping the ravioli into it. During the first two minutes, make sure you stir the pasta around, so they do not stick to each other.
More Alfredo Recipes
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5 star ⭐️ rating and/or a review in the comments section further below.
*The post for Alfredo ravioli was first published August 2014. It was updated and republished April 2023.
Mmmm, that looks great! I can never say no to pasta.
I'm always stumped when it comes to dinner. I mean I start out all inspired but by the end of the week I just blank out (and then end up getting Chinese food). I love how simple and filling this skillet dish looks though! And I can never refuse alfredo OR ravioli. 😀
Andi @ The Weary Chef
There are so many things happening here that I love. Bacon, skillet dinner, alfredo... This one is a real winner, Jocelyn!
Thank you Andi 🙂
Your dinners always looks soo good! There's just something about them! I want to make every single one. Pinned 🙂
Awe, thank you so much Ashley!!! I'm so glad you like them 🙂