Banana Toffee Scones

Banana Bread Scones

Yes, I have a banana addiction.

I can’t just buy a few at a time.  But of course, they all turn brown and spotty before I can eat all of them.  I’m a green banana snob.  Ripe bananas totally gross me out.  But…that just means I can be a crazy baker for a few days.   If I can get to them before everyone else in the house that is.  I realize that this is the third recipe in a row with banana in it.

I have made muffins and cheesecake so far in just one week.   Are you tired of the yellow fruit yet?  Please say no, please say no!  I still have a few more…like I said I buy a bunch at a time.  I  promise to wait a little bit before the next one though.

Banana Bread Scones

But for now, let’s talk about these scones.  You need them in your life because they taste like banana bread but in a traditional scone form.  And of course I threw toffee bits into the dough because, well, because I love toffee bits.  And you guys are pretty fond of candy in baked good too.  Am I right?   Another great thing about these scones is that you only need a bowl and a fork to create the dough.  I love when I don’t have to dirty 10 million pots and pans to make one thing.

Banana Bread Scones

What are you waiting for?

Go bake up some scones with those bananas on your counter!!!

I told you I was addicted to bananas…
here are a few more of my favorites.

CHOCOLATE BANANA TOFFEE COOKIES

OREO BANANA PANCAKES

BANANA S’MORES MUFFINS

Make sure you never miss a BruCrew post:
FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST | BLOGLOVIN

Banana Toffee Scones

Yield: 8 scones

Banana Toffee Scones

Light and flakey banana toffee scones that taste like banana bread.

2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chocolate covered toffee bits
6 Tablespoons butter, cold
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2/3 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup smashed brown banana
1 teaspoon vanilla

1. Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the butter and cut in with a fork until well mixed. Create a well in the center and add the milk, vanilla, and bananas. Gently mix until everything is incorporated.
  2. Place the dough on a non stick baking sheet and pat into an 8 inch circle that is about 1 inch thick. Gently score the dough into 8 scones. Bake at 400* for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cut through the score marks. Place back in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove and place on a wire rack until cool. Store in a sealed container for 4-5 days. Makes 8 scones.

Shared with: What’s In Your Kitchen, Wow Me, Whatsits, What’s Cooking, Treasures, Chic & Crafty, Kitchen Fun, Creative Weekend, Tickled Pink,

Comments

1. Dawn says

Thank you. My adaptation is in the oven now – due to lack of ingredients. You are an inspiration to my kitchen adventures. And your Gingerbread Pudding Cookie made my 12 Days of Christmas Cookies, and was enjoyed by all.

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

Banana buddies it is! I always buy extra just for muffins and bread too!!! I hope you do try these scones…I just ate the last one and now I am wishing I had extra bananas again. Time to go shopping I guess!

Jocelyn,
    YUM! I love scones but haven’t ever made them with bananas. I actually love yellow bananas with spots on them, lol So I buy a bunch every week too. My hubby and daughter like them on the green side. I just don’t get it, why eat a banana if it doesn’t taste like a banana? lol This was a topic on FB the other day too! Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share next week! Have a wonderful weekend.
    Michelle

P.S. I hope this doesn’t post a bunch of times. It kept telling me my FB session had timed out :)
    Michelle recently posted..Creative Thursday Link Party No. 40My Profile

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

I’m the only crazy one in my family who likes them green. I just can’t eat them ripe :-) You must try banana in a scone. They were so delicious! Somehow I missed that FB topic the other day…sounds like it was a good one!!!

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

For the longest time I hated scones because of how dry they were. I finally started playing with recipes and have come up with one that I really like. It is so easy to customize it with different flavors too! Thanks for the flavor compliment :-) I love playing with different ones to see what works!!!

3. Trish Butler says

I’m like you, I love banana anything except just eating a banana. I noticed your crock with Fill your day with something good. I have a cookie jar that my grandbabies gave me 28 years age with My Grandma is the best by far because she has a cookie jar. I was called Cookie Nonie for years. Can’t wait to make these after the skinny mini banana bread. Thank you again, Trish