A slice of this Banana Toffee Cake with a hot cup of coffee is the perfect way to start the day. This easy banana cake recipe has a sweet cinnamon sugar swirl with toffee bits and chocolate chips in the center and on top, and it bakes up so gooey and delicious.
A few weeks I was at Walmart, and they had boxes of “baking” bananas on sale. I already have 2 large ziplock bags of ripe bananas in our freezer, but I decided to purchase a few more bunches.
It’s safe to say we will be making lots of banana recipes for the next week. I’m not going to lie. I cannot wait for another slice of the Best Banana Cake, so that one is first on my list to make again.
So far this week we have made Chocolate Banana Bread, Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread, and then we made this Banana Toffee Cake twice. And there are still a few bananas waiting to be use up…
I have a feeling I’m going to need to freeze the few ripe bananas on the counter because I’m a little over baking with bananas right now.
Plus, that way we can make more Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream. It’s our daughter’s favorite way to make a quick “ice cream” dessert.
This banana cake recipe is one I found in an old Quick Cooking cookbook years ago, and we have been making it ever since then. The original recipe has you stir some of the topping ingredients into the batter, but I like to layer it instead.
The center bakes up gooey and delicious with that little cinnamon sugar swirl in the center and on top. Trust me. It’s the best way to bake this cake.
How to make Banana Toffee Cake:
- Stir together toffee bits, chocolate chips, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese, butter, and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs, banana, and vanilla and beat again.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients and beat until everything is mixed in.
- Spread half the batter in a 9×13 pan. Sprinkle half the topping ingredients evenly over the top.
- Repeat the layers and bake.
This easy banana cake is one that tastes amazing fresh out of the oven, but it also seems to get better as it sits covered on the counter.
Other banana cake recipes you may like:
- Zucchini Banana Cake – with caramel frosting
- Chocolate Chip Raspberry Banana Cake
- Chocolate Chip Banana Cake with Honey Peanut Butter Frosting – with tips on how to frost a cake with basket weave
- Banana Nutella Snack Cake
- Banana Butterfinger Bundt Cake
More easy banana recipes:
- Banana S’mores Muffins
- PB & Choc Chip Banana Muffins
- Banana Nut Cinnamon Rolls
- Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Banana Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
*Recipe inspired from a recipe in the 2001 Quick Cooking Annual Recipes As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 205mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 3g
*Recipe inspired from a recipe in the 2001 Quick Cooking Annual Recipes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
*The post for Banana Toffee Cake was first published on September 13, 2012. The photos and post were updated and republished on April 17, 2020.