You know what is better than cheesecake? Cheesecake with apples and a crisp topping. This Apple Crisp Cheesecake is a combination of creamy cheesecake and sweet apple crisp. It's the best of both worlds.
Do you love cheesecake and apple crisp? Have you ever tried them together? This apple crisp cheesecake is one of the best desserts ever!
You'll never want to eat plain cheesecake again after trying this apple cheesecake recipe.
Why This Works
Two desserts in one is always a great idea. No need to choose between desserts when they are baked together.
This apple cheesecake has all your favorite fall flavors in one pan. One bite and you won't be able to stop!
It's creamy but has just the right amount of crunch from the cinnamon apples and crisp topping.
This apple cheesecake recipe has four different layers. Each one uses simple pantry ingredients that you probably have on hand.
- Crust - Made from graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. See our homemade graham cracker crust recipe for more tips.
- Cinnamon Cheesecake - cream cheese, brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, flour, and eggs creates the creamy base.
- Apples - chunks of apples tossed with brown sugar and cinnamon
- Crisp - a mixture of flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter makes a crispy topping that is so good.
How to Make Apple Crisp Cheesecake
This apple crumble cheesecake has layers of apples and crumble topping, so you do not have to worry about getting any cracks in this cheesecake. The topping holds it together so well.
- Line a 9 inch springform pan with parchment paper, so your cheesecake will come out easily.
- Stir together the crust ingredients and press evenly in the bottom of the pan.
- Beat softened cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, and vanilla and mix again.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl, then mix into the batter just until combined. Pour the batter on the crust.
- Stir together diced apples with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Mix the crumble topping ingredients together. Use your hands to press the mixture into big crumbs.
- Spoon the raw apples gently on top of the cheesecake batter. Sprinkle with the crumble topping.
- Place the cheesecake on the oven rack directly over the pan of water and bake.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack. After 5 minutes, run a knife around the outside edge of the cheesecake to loosen it from the pan.
- Cool one hour, then refrigerate 6 hours or more to chill all the way through.
- Serve the caramel apple cheesecake with caramel drizzles and homemade whipped cream.
Tips and Tricks
- Use a steam bath to bake the cheesecake. Place a sheet pan on the bottom rack of the oven. Fill it halfway with water and preheat the oven.
- Set out ingredients ahead of time, so the eggs and cream cheese can come to room temperature.
- Line the springform pan with parchment paper, so you can remove it from the pan easily.
- Do not over mix the cheesecake batter. This creates air bubbles that can cause a cheesecake to crack.
Keep the apple cheesecake in a tightly sealed container in the fridge for 4-5 days. It's a great recipe to make a few days ahead of time because it keeps well.
Best Apple For Baking
You want to use an apple that will hold up well when baking. I personally use Gala apples or Honeycrisp apples for all my baking because they are a little sweeter.
You could also use Granny Smith apples if you like a more tart apple dessert. Fuji, Braeburn, Jonagold, Cortland, and Golden Delicious are also great for baking.
Mix different apple varieties together in your dessert to give it a little bit different flavor.
Other Apple Desserts
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and a review in the comments section below.
*The post for Apple Crisp Cheesecake was first published on November 26, 2010. The photos and recipe have been updated, and it was republished October 2021.