Layers of cheesecake, apples, and graham crackers make this Cinnamon Apple Icebox Cake a delicious and easy no bake dessert. Add this to your fall party plans.
Have you ever noticed how hard it is to get back to a work out routine after missing a few days?
We had consistently been going to work out each morning since school started, and that routine has been great. My sweet tooth causes me problems in certain areas, so working out is very much needed.
But this past month I had a few different work trips, so I missed a few days here and there at the gym. It’s amazing to me that just missing 2 days of training can affect things the next time you get to the gym.
Normally I can do most of the workouts without any problems, but after missing days I get winded so easily.
Our family was just away for another trip for my husband’s job, and we ate out for just about every meal. And yes, I could have ordered healthier than I actually did, but I didn’t.
I mean a new place just begs you to check out local restaurants, right? Now we are kind of scared to go back to the gym after missing 5 work outs and eating so much.
I have a feeling the gym and the trainers are going to be hard on us.
Another thing that is so hard for me is that gosh darn sweet tooth of mine. No matter what I do, I can’t get past it. To be quite honest, I have given up trying to get over it though. All things in moderation is better anyway!
I get comments and questions all the time on how our family isn’t 400 pounds each with all the sugar that comes out of our kitchen. We exercise very regularly, and we really don’t eat that much food that isn’t good for us. Moderation and exercise is all it takes.
Go ahead and have one of those Homemade Chocolate Chip Brownies, just not the entire pan. And move. Find some sort of physical activity that you enjoy and do it. For us, cross fit and HIIT training have become our favorite ways to keep in shape.
Cinnamon Apple Icebox Cake
Usually when fall hits, I can’t wait to bake all the things with pumpkin. But this year I have been all over apple treats. This Apple Praline Cake started all the apple madness in our kitchen this year!
Sometimes I just want a quick and easy treat that I can put together in minutes. That is where no bake desserts come in handy. An icebox cake only uses a few ingredients. It can honestly be chilling in the refrigerator in under 15 minutes.
Add cream cheese to an ice box cakes gives them a little bit more of a cheesecake feel. You know how much I love my cheesecakes!!!
Normally icebox cakes are a summer dessert, but this time I added a homemade Apple Pie Filling to give it a little bit of fall flair! The cinnamon apple cheesecake layered with graham crackers turned out to be a great idea.
I’m thinking this easy apple dessert would be perfect for any fall party With all the party prep that has to happen, you need some no bake apple desserts, right?
More delicious and easy apple desserts you make like:
- Apple Nachos – add lots of toppings to apple slices for a fun and easy snack
- Crock Pot Cinnamon Strawberry Applesauce – this easy three ingredient recipe is a great way to use up extra apples
- Apple Snickers Cheesecake Trifle – layers of angel food cake, apples, and caramel cheesecake creates an impressive no bake dessert
- Peanut Butter Apple Pizza – a cookie crust and no bake peanut butter cheesecake topped with apple chunks is a delicious fall treat
- Apple Cinnamon No Bake Energy Bites – these easy little no bake treats are great for snacking on when you get the munchies
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Cinnamon Apple Icebox Cake recipe and video:
- 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon + extra
- 2 cups apple pie filling , divided
- 2 sleeves cinnamon graham crackers (27 squares)
- 1 - 16 ounce Cool Whip, thawed and divided
- Beat the cream cheese, brown sugar, vanilla, and 2 teaspoons cinnamon until creamy.
- Stir in 1 cup diced apple pie filling into the cream cheese mixture. Fold in 3 cups of Cool Whip.
- Spread a thin layer of Cool Whip on the bottom of a 9 inch square baking dish.
- Place 9 cinnamon graham squares on the bottom. Gently spread half the cheesecake filling on the graham crackers.
- Place another layer of crackers on the cheesecake filling, then top with one last layer of crackers.
- Cover the top with 2 cups of Cool Whip. Refrigerate for one to two hours.
- Cut into squares. Top with remaining pie filling and sprinkle with cinnamon. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 326 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 16g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 25mg Sodium: 129mg Carbohydrates: 32g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 27g Protein: 2g