Homemade pie filling and an oatmeal crumb topping make this Apple Crisp Pie the perfect fall dessert. Add this easy apple pie recipe to your Thanksgiving day plans.
One of my baking pet peeve is that pie seems to get the shaft most of the year. Everyone breaks out their pie plates in the fall to make pumpkin pie, then the plate just sits there the rest of the year.
I get it because I'm guilty of the same thing. Pie just isn't one of those desserts that I make very often other times of the year. That needs to change for sure!
I decided to make another apple pie this year, but I decided to give it a twist. Instead of adding a layer of cheesecake on the bottom, I added a double batch of oatmeal crumble to the top.
Warm apple pie filling, a crispy topping, and melty vanilla ice cream...you see where this is going, right? This apple crumble pie has all the components of a quick apple crisp or a dutch apple pie.
How to make an Apple Crisp Pie
Do yourself a favor and make this easy apple pie for your Thanksgiving dessert table this year. It will not last long. I know because we devoured this one in no time at all!
- Make the homemade apple pie filling the night before. It needs time to chill and thicken before putting it in the pie crust.
- Let the store bought pie crust sit on the counter for about 15 minutes before trying to unroll it. I usually get impatient and try to do it too early. No biggie though. Just press the tears together, if needed. You can also make a homemade crust if you prefer that instead.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, oats, spices, and butter until it is crumbly.
- Don't scrimp on the oatmeal topping. You may think it is too much, but trust me and use all of it for the pie.
- Cover your crust with a pie shield, if you are worried your edges will get too dark while it is baking.
- Serve the apple pie warm with lots of ice cream and caramel topping. You can also serve it with homemade whipped cream, if you prefer that instead.
More Easy Pie Recipes
- Pecan Cheesecake Pie
- Coconut Fudge Pie
- Chocolate Fudge Pecan Pie
- Lemon Angel Pie
- Cookies and Cream Chocolate Pie
- Caramel Apple Pie
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5 star ⭐️ rating and/or a review in the comments section further below.
*This post does contain affiliate links. We receive a very small percentage of sales from purchases made through these links. Thank you so much for supporting Inside BruCrew Life and letting us share products and brands we know and love.
**The post for Apple Crisp Pie was first published on November 7, 2016. The pictures and post were updated and republished November 1, 2020.