What do you get when you combine an American apple pie with a classic cheesecake? This Cheesecake Apple Pie is an award winning combo that will capture the hearts of your friends and family.
Layers of vanilla cheesecake and homemade apple pie filling make this cheesecake pie an amazing dessert. Take it to another level by adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream and caramel!
Why This Works
This cheesecake pie is absolutely amazing. It includes a creamy vanilla cheesecake layer and homemade apple pie filling. Apples and cheesecake are a match made in heaven! It's truly the best apple pie around!
This sweet combo is sure to become your new go to dessert recipe in a hurry. Why choose between cheesecake and apple pie when you can have both desserts combined in ONE pie crust! The flavor combination is out of this world.
Adding cheesecake to every dessert is one of my baking super powers. Seriously, I love finding ways to enjoy creamy cheesecake in every dessert.
In fact, we love creating cheesecake so much that we wrote an entire cookbook all about cheesecake. This cheesecake apple pie recipe is one of our all time favorite desserts, so we included a fun and creative version of it in our book Cheesecake Love.
The different layers in this easy apple cheesecake are simple and easy to put together. In fact, the Homemade Apple Pie Filling can be made a few days ahead of time to save some time.
For the Apple Pie Filling
- Apples - peeled or unpeeled
- Lemon Juice - to keep the apples from browning
- Sugar - a mix of brown and granulated
- Cornstarch - to help thicken the filling
- Salt - balance the sweetness
For the Vanilla Cheesecake Filling
- Pie Crust - store bought or homemade
- Cream Cheese - set out ahead of time to soften
- Sugar - sweetens the filling
- Egg - binds the mixture
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Caramel Topping
- Whipped Cream recipe
How To Make
The recipe for this cheesecake apple pie does take a little bit longer to make because of the homemade pie filling.
After one bite you will realize the extra time making this cheesecake pie recipe was totally worth it. Each step is simple to do, so let's get started.
Step One: Make Apple Pie Filling
- Cut apple into bite sized chunks. Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Bring water, sugar, and cornstarch to a boil.
- Stir in apples. Bring to a boil again.
- Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove and cool.
Step Two: Prepare Pie Crust
- Unroll pie crust according to package directions.
- Place in a 9 inch pie plate.
- Refrigerate until needed.
Step Three: Make Cheesecake Filling
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add the egg and beat again.
- Spread the cheesecake in the bottom of the pie crust.
- Spoon chilled apple pie filling on top of the cheesecake.
- Fold the pie crust over the pie filling, pleating it as you go around. This creates an easy rustic pie look.
Step Four: Bake and Chill
- Bake the cheesecake pie for about 40-45 minutes, or until the pie crust is browned.
- Remove and let it cool for an hour on the counter before refrigerating it.
- Refrigerate the apple pie cheesecake for at least 4-6 hours or overnight.
BRUCREW TIP: Want to add a crumb topping to this apple cream cheese pie? Use 3 cups of apple pie filling and the crumble topping from this Best Apple Crisp Pie recipe.
Follow these easy baking tips so your homemade pie turns out perfectly every time.
- Make the apple pie filling ahead of time, so it has time to cool and thicken.
- Set the cheesecake ingredients out ahead of time. Softened cream cheese is easier to beat into a creamy cheesecake filling.
- Do not over beat the cheesecake filling.
- Serve slices of this apple pie cheesecake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzles of caramel topping. FYI: Salted caramel topping adds an incredible flavor.
How do you store cheesecake?
Keep cheesecake in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days for best results.
Can you used canned pie filling?
Yes, you will need 2-3 cans of apple pie filling to have enough.
Can you make this cheesecake apple pie ahead of time?
Yes, it's easy to bake ahead of time. Make the apple pie filling a few days ahead of time and keep in an air tight container in the fridge. The cheesecake pie can be made up to 24 hours ahead of time and refrigerated until time to serve.
What do you put on pie?
- Ice Cream
- Sauces - chocolate, caramel, butterscotch
- Toppings - candy, toffee, nuts
More Pie Recipes
- Peanut Butter Brownie Pie
- Banana Split Brownie Pie
- Chubby Hubby Ice Cream Pie
- Fudge Pecan Pie
- Candy Bar Pie
- Apple Cheesecake
- Cherry Cheesecake Brownies
- Banana Pudding Cheesecake
- Mini Turtle Cheesecakes
- Apple Pie Cheesecake Bars
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please consider leaving a 5 star ⭐️ rating and/or a review in the comments section further below.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4 cups Homemade Apple Pie Filling )
- vanilla ice cream
- caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add the egg and beat again.
- Roll out the pie crust according to the package directions. Place it in the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate and leave the extra dough over the edges.
- Spread the cheesecake in the bottom of the pie crust.
- Gently spoon the apple pie filling on top of the cheesecake.
- Fold the edges of the dough up and over the filling. Overlap the dough to create a large pleated look. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for an hour then refrigerate until chilled completely.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and caramel ice cream topping, if desired. Keep refrigerated in a sealed container for 5-6 days.
- You can use canned pie filling if you don't have time to make your own.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 slices Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 332Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 230mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 2gSugar: 36gProtein: 4g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
*The post and recipe for this Cheesecake Apple Pie was first published on June 5, 2013. The pictures were updated October 2018, and the post was republished May 28, 2021.
**This post contains an affiliate link. We may receive a small percentage from sales made through these links. As always, these free links do not cost you any extra. Thank you for letting us share products we love.