Layers of cheesecake and homemade pie filling make this Cheesecake Apple Pie the best pie for fall parties. Enjoy a slice with ice cream and caramel.
Did you see this Homemade Apple Pie Filling from the other day? I knew that I needed to make something else right away before I ate all the homemade pie filling with a spoon. Trust me. It’s that good.
Just so you know, it is pretty awesome mixed with some Greek yogurt, or on top of this Vanilla Bean Cheesecake too.
See? There are so many reasons why you need this apple pie filling in your life this fall.
Since the jar of pie filling was in danger of being eaten by the spoonful, I had to find another way to use the pie filling this fall.
Adding cheesecake to everything is one of my super powers. LOL! But seriously, I love finding ways to enjoy creamy cheesecake in every dessert.
In fact, I love creating cheesecake so much that I wrote an entire cookbook about cheesecake.
This Cheesecake Apple Pie is one of our absolute favorites, so I included a version of it in Cheesecake Love with the topping from this Apple Crisp Pie.
Match made in heaven!!! It’s truly the best apple pie cheesecake around!!!
Why choose between cheesecake and apple pie when you can have both desserts combined in one pie crust!
How to make a Cheesecake Apple Pie:
Beat your cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add an egg and beat again.
Unfold a pie crust into a 9 inch pie plate. Spread the cheesecake in the bottom of the pie crust.
Spoon the pie filling on top of the cheesecake.
Fold the pie crust over the pie filling pleating it as you go around.
Bake the pie for about 40-45 minutes, or until the pie crust is browned. Remove and let it cool for an hour before refrigerating it.
Refrigerate the Cheesecake Apple Pie for at least 4-6 hours or overnight.
Serve slices of this awesome pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzles of caramel topping. I prefer a salted caramel because it just makes it so much better!
More pie recipes you may enjoy:
- Peanut Butter Snickers Pie
- Banana Split Brownie Pie
- Chubby Hubby Ice Cream Pie
- Chocolate Fudge Pecan Pie
- Candy Bar Pie
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Cheesecake Apple Pie recipe:
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 cups Homemade Apple Pie Filling )
- vanilla ice cream
- caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add the egg and beat again.
- Roll out the pie crust according to the package directions. Place it in the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate and leave the extra dough over the edges.
- Spread the cheesecake in the bottom of the pie crust.
- Gently spoon the apple pie filling on top of the cheesecake.
- Fold the edges of the dough up and over the filling. Overlap the dough to create a large pleated look. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for an hour then refrigerate until chilled completely.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and caramel ice cream topping if desired. Keep refrigerated in a sealed container for 5-6 days.
You can use canned pie filling if you don't have time to make your own.
*The post and recipe for this Cheesecake Apple Pie was first published on June 5, 2013. The pictures and post has been updated and republished on October 14, 2018.