Our Apple Cheesecake Pie is an amazing dessert, perfect for any occasion. This pie has a creamy cheesecake filling, homemade apple pie topping, and salted caramel sauce. Trust me, it will be your favorite fall treat.
Apple pie is the number one dessert that people make in the fall. There is something so warm and welcoming about the smell of apple desserts baking in the oven.
Plus, there are so many different ways you can make an apple pie. We especially love making caramel apple pie and apple crisp pie. But did you know you can combine a traditional apple pie with classic cheesecake?
This delicious dessert idea combines the best of both worlds in one pie crust. Layers of vanilla cheesecake and apple pie filling make this cheesecake pie a fantastic dessert. Add a scoop of ice cream and caramel to take it to another level!
Why Make an Apple Pie with Cheesecake
You don't have to choose between two favorite desserts because you can have both in one slice. Undoubtedly, the combination of flavors in this apple cheesecake pie will make you smile after the first bite.
- Delicious mashup of two classic desserts. The creamy layer under the cooked apples makes this cheesecake pie fantastic.
- Easy to make without any fancy tools or techniques. One of the best parts of the recipe is no water bath!
- It's the perfect pie for any fall event or party. The award-winning combo will capture the hearts of your friends and family.
The different layers in this easy apple cheesecake are simple and easy to assemble.
- Apple Pie Filling - Our homemade apple pie filling is perfect for this recipe. You can also use your favorite canned filling brand.
- Pie Crust - A store-bought pie crust saves time in the kitchen. You can also make a homemade crust if you like.
- Cream Cheese - You will need one block of full-fat cream cheese. Make sure to set it out ahead of time so it can soften.
- Granulated Sugar - Sweetens the filling. Try using brown sugar for a light caramel taste.
- Egg - Binds the ingredients together and provides structure to the filling.
How to make Apple Cheesecake Pie
This cheesecake apple pie recipe takes a little longer because of the homemade apple filling. You can save time by buying canned filling if you prefer.
After just one bite, you'll realize that the extra time put into making this cheesecake pie recipe is worth it. Each step is simple to do, so let's get started.
- Prepare the crust. Unroll the pie crust according to the package directions then place it in a 9-inch pie pan. Refrigerate until needed.
- Make the cheesecake batter. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar with a paddle attachment until smooth and creamy. Add the egg and lightly beat again.
- Assemble the pie. Spread the cream cheese layer in the bottom of the pie crust. Gently spoon chilled filling over the top. Fold the excess pie crust over the edges, pleating it as you go around.
- Bake and chill. Bake in a preheated oven until the edges are golden brown. Remove and cool on a wire rack for at least an hour before refrigerating it.
- A scoop of vanilla ice cream or caramel ice cream is a game-changer!
- Add a swirl of Cool Whip, Rediwhip, or homemade whipped cream.
- Drizzle it with caramel sauce or a butterscotch topping.
- Garnish the top with candy, toffee bits, or toasted nuts.
For best results, wrap the cheesecake apple pie tightly with plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container. Keep it in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
This is a great holiday dessert because it can be made a few days ahead of time.
Tips and Variations
Follow these easy baking tips so you can make the perfect dessert every time.
- Use firm apples. You want to choose apples that will hold their shape as the pie bakes. Gala, Honeycrisp, and Granny Smith are especially good options.
- Make the fruit filling ahead of time. This gives it time to cool so it can thicken adequately.
- Use other pie fillings. The cheesecake layer tastes amazing with cherry pie filling or blueberry pie filling.
- Try a different crust. Make a graham cracker crust if traditional pie crust is not your thing.
- Let it chill. Refrigerate the apple pie cheesecake for at least 4-6 hours or overnight before serving. It tastes better cold and will hold up better when you cut into it.
- Add a crumb topping. Three cups of apple pie filling and your favorite crumbly topping make an especially delicious dessert.
You can go the store-bought route, but making your filling lets you control the flavor and spice you like. Nevertheless, make sure you have four cups of filling.
Softened cream cheese and thorough mixing are critical. Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before using a stand mixer or electric hand mixer to mix it.
You sure can. Cheesecake pies often taste even better once they spend quality time in the fridge. Make it up to 24 hours ahead and refrigerate until it is time to serve.
More Cheesecake Pies
- Blackberry Cheesecake Pie
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Pecan Pie
- Pecan Cheesecake Pie
- Mini Lemon Cheesecake Pies
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and a review in the comments section below.
*This post was first published in June 2013. The pictures were updated in October 2018 and then republished in September 2023.
**This post contains an affiliate link. As always, these free links do not cost you extra. Thank you for letting us share products we love.