A big bowl of this Balsamic Caprese Veggie Salad is a refreshing side dish that goes with any meal. It’s a great healthy option to bring to all those summer picnics and potlucks.
Drizzle this Homemade Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette on top right before serving and watch it disappear.
At the moment I could eat this veggie salad for every meal and be happy about it. Ok, ok, I would probably not be as happy eating it for breakfast. But you know what I mean, right?
We are still going strong with our healthy eating around here. Well, for the most part. Every so often we indulge and make these Mini Strawberry Pies or these White Chocolate Mochaccino Chippers. The sweet tooth has to have something every once in a while as a reward for hitting it hard in the gym and eating right.
Although, with swim suit season here, I am trying really hard not to eat all the sweets in the house. Trust me, I really do want to hide in my baking pantry and eat chocolate chips by the handfuls. But I’m resisting that urge because I just bought new summer clothes that I want to be able to still fit in.
One of our favorite things to make all summer long is this Veggie Pasta Salad. It’s great as a side dish with burgers or grilled chicken. Or you can add some diced up deli meat and shredded cheese and it becomes a meal all by itself.
Since noodles are one of the things I am trying to avoid at the moment, I decided to make another veggie salad that I could enjoy this summer.
This salad is seriously so easy to make. Mostly because it only has four ingredients in it. And one of them you just have to open the bag and dump in. Easy peasy.
Feel free to chop the veggie smaller or larger. There really is no wrong way to make this summer side dish.
How to make Balsamic Caprese Veggie Salad:
- Dice your cucumbers and onions into small chunks.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Open the bag of mozzarella pears.
- Stir everything together.
- Drizzle with the dressing right before serving. (If you refrigerate the leftovers, the vinaigrette will thicken.)
More summer salads that you may enjoy:
- Add a bowl of this pretty Cranberry Zucchini Slaw to your dinner table this summer. Fresh veggies with sweet and salty nuts and berries makes a refreshing side dish.
- This Broccoli Salad is a healthy and delicious way to get your greens, dairy, and fruit.
- An Italian Veggie Salad loaded with veggies and mini pepperonis is a great healthy dinner.
- Thai Summer Salad is a light and refreshing salad to enjoy during the hot summer months.
- This Summer Chickpea Black Bean Salad is a great side dish that is high in protein and low in fat.
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Balsamic Caprese Veggie Salad Recipe:
- 2 cups diced cucumbers
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced red onion chunks
- 1 - 8 ounce package mozzarella pearls
- Homemade Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Mix together the veggies and cheese in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with a little bit of vinaigrette on top and stir in right before serving.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 128 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 22mg Sodium: 259mg Carbohydrates: 6g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 4g Protein: 7g