A No Bake Strawberry Pie with a graham cracker crust and strawberry glaze is the perfect summer dessert. It is easy to make with just five ingredients. Add a swirl of homemade whipped cream to these Mini Strawberry Pies for a finishing touch.
Have extra berries after making the pies? Use the rest of your fresh strawberries to make a batch of this Strawberry Filling.
No Bake Strawberry Pie
One of my favorite things in the spring or early summer is fresh picked strawberries. We used to take our kids to u-pick farms all the time when they were little.
This no bake strawberry pie is one of my husband’s favorite desserts. He grew up eating one similar, and now we make this no bake strawberry pie with Jello for him each time we get fresh strawberries.
It is also an easy summer dessert because you can also swap out the strawberries for any other fresh fruit in this mini strawberry pies recipe. Using different Jello flavors is another way to change it up.
Recently, I got a little strawberry huller. It makes cutting the core out of the strawberries so much easier.
This strawberry stem remover was so easy to use, and I loved the perfect little hole that it creates. You don’t waste the delicious fruit because it only removes the stem.
How to core Strawberries
Hulling strawberries can be time consuming if you do not know what you are doing. It’s also easy to remove too much of the top. Here are a few ways to remove the strawberry cores easily without damaging the rest of the fruit.
- Paring Knife – use a small sharp knife to carefully twist around the stem
- Hulling Tool – insert, twist, and pull out the leaves and stem
- Straw – push a drinking straw through the strawberry starting out the bottom and pushing out the stem from the top
Ingredients for Fresh Strawberry Pie
You will only need a few simple ingredients to make a batch of mini strawberry pies with a graham cracker crust. You can also use a 9 inch pie crust instead of the mini pies.
- Graham Cracker Crust – mini store bought graham cracker crusts make this recipe easy to put together in minutes. Feel free to make your own homemade graham cracker crust.
- Granulated Sugar – sweetens the strawberry filling
- Cornstarch – helps to thicken the pie filling
- Strawberry Jello – used to sweeten, thicken, and give the strawberry pie filling the red color and strawberry flavor
- Strawberries – use sliced strawberries if you are making the mini pies or whole cored strawberries if you are making a 9 inch pie.
How to make Mini Strawberry Pies
These easy strawberry tarts are perfect for summer parties, picnics or BBQ’s because they are small and portable. Everyone will smile when they get their own personal pie.
Step One: Graham Cracker Crust
- Make or unwrap the pie crust of your choice.
- Set them on a sheet pan.
Step Two: Strawberry Glaze
- Boil together water, sugar, and cornstarch until it thickens into a simple glaze.
- Pour in the packet of dry strawberry Jello and stir until it is completely dissolved.
- Let the strawberry glaze cool for 10 minutes while you prepare the strawberries.
Step Three: Prepare Strawberries
- Remove the stems and slice or dice the strawberries.
- Spoon them into the graham cracker crusts evenly.
- Pour the Jello mixture on top on slowly. Let it soak down into the berries before you pour more on top.
Step Four: Chill
- Place the pan with the pies on it in the refrigerator for a few hours, so that the strawberry filling has time to set up.
Step Five: Decorate and Serve
- Use a piping bag and icing tip 1M to add a swirl of Cool Whip to the top of the mini strawberry tarts right before serving.
- You can also use Whipped Cream from scratch, if you prefer that instead.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does strawberry pie need to be refrigerated?
Yes, this particular recipe for strawberry pie with Jello and a graham cracker crust needs to be kept in the refrigerator.
How do you store strawberry pie?
Cover the pies lightly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for a few days.
Can you make no bake strawberry pie ahead of time?
Yes, you can. They are best if eaten within 24 hours, but they will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days before the crust starts to really soften.
More Easy Strawberry Desserts
- Cheesecake Milkshakes
- Easy Strawberry Cobbler
- Strawberry Daiquiri Dessert
- Strawberry Wine Slushies
- Strawberry Lemonade Pie
- Strawberry Pretzel Cheesecake
Other No Bake Pies:
- Peanut Butter Pie
- Chubby Hubby
- Peanut Butter Pie with pudding
- No Bake Strawberry Cream Pie
- Mini Key Lime Pies
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Be sure to follow us on our social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a Facebook group and would love for you to join. Share recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. Request to join HERE.
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 - 3 ounce box strawberry Jello
- 4 cups diced or sliced strawberries
- 12 mini graham cracker crusts (2 packages store bought)
- Cool Whip
- fresh whole strawberries, optional
- Whisk together the water, sugar, and cornstarch. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the Jello until dissolved. Let the mixture cool 5-10 minutes.
- Spoon the strawberries into the mini graham cracker crusts.
- Pour the Jello mixture slowly over the tops of the pies. Let the Jello fill in and then pour more on top being careful not to over fill.
- Refrigerate until set. Top with Cool Whip and a whole strawberry, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 999Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 34gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 870mgCarbohydrates: 138gFiber: 5gSugar: 50gProtein: 10g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
*This post does contain an affiliate link. We may receive a very small percentage from sales made through these free links. As always, these do not cost you any extra. Thank you for letting us share products we use and love this way.
**The post for Mini Strawberry Pies was first published on June 16, 2013. The photos were updated June 2019, and it was republished April 22, 2021.