A swirl of homemade chocolate whipped cream and fresh banana slices make these little Banana Chocolate Chip Cheesecakes a sweet way to celebrate any life event.
So last month I was going through some photo folders when I came across these little cheesecake pictures. Yup, turns out I have been holding this recipe hostage from you since April of last year. Honest, I didn’t do it on purpose because I would never purposely keep you from cheesecake.
The sad thing is that when I saw the pictures, I remembered making them…twice. They were so good that I made them for a dinner we were going to, and then I made them again for pictures.
And then I promptly forgot about them. To be honest, we did have a busy spring and summer as we prepared to move across country. Now I’m wondering what else I have forgotten about…
It actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise that I held off on sharing this recipe because today we are celebrating one of my blog friends with a virtual baby shower.
And since every party needs some cheesecake I’m finally sharing the recipe for these yummy banana chocolate chip cheesecakes. You are welcome!
Do you follow Lindsay from the amazing blog Life, Love, and Sugar? I shared a little about her and her cookbook when I made these sparkling cranberry white chocolate cupcakes. She is seriously the sweetest person online and in person. I have had the opportunity to spend time with Lindsay at different blogging events, and I just love being around her because she is so positive and full of life and energy.
And she makes the most amazing cakes and cheesecakes. Seriously!!! Every time she posts a new recipe I head over to her page to drool over her amazing photos! One day I hope to be as awesome as her.
Lindsay and her husband have been on an infertility journey the past five years, so I was so excited when she shared last summer that they were expecting twins. It has been fun to follow along with their journey as they prepare all the things for these two little ones to join their family.
Two times the baby fun is coming their way in just a few short days. Oh, I remember those days like it was just yesterday. Although, my yesterday was over 18 years ago. Seems so hard to believe how fast times goes.
Lindsay, as you get ready to meet your sweet little ones, remember that time flies. People always told me that, and I never believed it. But it really does go by so quickly, so take time to enjoy every single moment. Life, work, and desserts will be there when you get ready to get back to it, but for now spend your time completely immersed in those little lives that God has given you. You will never regret an ounce of time that you share with your children.
Now for the cheesecake goodness at this party. I actually adapted a recipe from my Cheesecake Love cookbook to make a new and fun version.
This cheesecake batter is so easy to put together and is full of banana flavor. Here are some tips as you get ready to bake your own mini cheesecakes.
- Make sure you let those bananas ripen completely before using them. I suggest buying two bunches of bananas when you do your grocery shopping. One to eat and one to let ripen for these cheesecakes and for the best banana cake you will ever have.
- Set out your cream cheese ahead of time. If you forget, unwrap it and microwave it for 20 seconds.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add everything else except the egg and chocolate chips and beat it again.
- Add the egg and beat until just mixed in. Stir in the chocolate chips gently. Do not ever beat the batter once the egg is added because this can add air bubbles that result in cracks.
- Bake the cheesecakes with a pan of water underneath the muffin tin. This adds moisture to the oven as they bake creating a creamy cheesecake texture. Remove the pan from the oven as soon as your timer goes off.
- Let the cheesecakes completely cool before adding the extra toppings. I recommend adding the fresh banana slice right before serving because those go brown in just a few minutes.
Homemade chocolate whipped cream adds a fun flair to these little banana chocolate chip cheesecakes.
The final cheesecakes are so thick and creamy and studded with lots of mini chocolate chips. Plus, that creamy chocolate topping is to die for! Extra chocolate is always a good idea in my book.
See what everyone else is bringing to the party:
- Banana Pudding Cupcakes
- Lemon Coconut Cupcakes
- Chicken Salad Cups
- Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Star and Moon Decorated Cookies
- Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcakes
- Cream Cheese Cookies with Nutella Glaze
- Salted Caramel Popcorn Brownies
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- Funfetti Cheesecake Pie
- Sweet and Sour Slow Cooker Smokies
- Red Velvet Cookie Bars
- Veggie Egg Muffins
- 2 Layer Espresso Chocolate Cake
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
*This post contains affiliate links. Inside BruCrew Life may receive a very small percentage from sales made through these free links. As always, these do not cost you any extra. Thank you for letting us share products we use this way.