The fresh fruit and greens in this easy Blueberry Apple Spinach Salad will have you requesting salad for dinner all week long. This light and refreshing spinach salad is loaded with fresh fruit and drizzled with a homemade blueberry dressing. What are you waiting for?
Say hello to my new favorite summer salad! I cannot get enough of this amazing green salad. In fact, I’m pretty sure I had it four times last week. Yes, it’s that good.
Especially when you drizzle it with the Creamy Blueberry Balsamic Salad Dressing that I shared with you yesterday.
Can I be honest? I used to think salads were boring, AND I used to think that fruit with greens was crazy.
Then a few years ago I tried and loved this Strawberry Orange Spinach Salad. Now I am the biggest fan of fresh fruit on my plate of greens. It just gives it such a fresh and fruity pop of color and flavor that I can’t get enough of.
I love how easy making a salad can be. The bowl of bright greens are a blank canvas just waiting for flavor and colors to be added. Top it with a variety of fruits, veggies, and nuts and say goodbye to boring salads.
This easy summer salad can be enjoyed as a side salad, or you can add plenty of grilled chicken and bacon and call it a light main meal.
How to make a Blueberry Apple Spinach Salad:
- Grill and cook the chicken and bacon ahead of time. (full recipe at bottom)
- Cut up onions. Crumble the bacon. Slice the chicken. Chop apples.
- Place a big bowl of baby spinach in the center of the table.
- Place toppings in bowls and set them around the spinach.
- Give everyone a plate and let them create their own spinach salad masterpiece.
This salad is delicious on its own, but I definitely recommend drizzling it with the homemade blueberry dressing or this Homemade Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette.
This blueberry spinach salad is so easy to put together. Fresh fruit goes so well with greens and chicken.
The great thing about this salad is that you can totally customize it by using the fruits and nuts that you like.
Other toppings for spinach salad:
- Raspberries or Blackberries
- Feta or Bleu Cheese
- Walnuts or Almonds
- Grilled Steak
This salad makes it easy to eat your daily fruits and veggies because it is loaded with so much goodness! I could easily eat this spinach salad every day.
So, if you are looking for a new salad for your dinner rotation, make this one. It will not disappoint you.
Other salad recipes with fruit you may enjoy:
- Pineapple Sriracha Chicken Salad
- Cranberry Poppyseed Apple Salad
- Hawaiian Chicken Salad
- Cranberry Zucchini Slaw
- Grape Pecan Chicken Salad
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 Gala apples, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup red onion slices
- 4 pieces cooked, crumbled bacon
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 cups grilled chicken (2 large chicken breasts)
- Creamy Blueberry Balsamic Salad Dressing
- Divide the spinach onto 4 plates.
- Fill bowls with all the toppings and set on the table.
- Let everyone customize their spinach salad with the toppings.
- Drizzle with salad dressing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 460Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 138mgSodium: 601mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 5gSugar: 15gProtein: 43g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.