This Candy Corn M&M Brownie Pie is an easy dessert to make for Halloween parties. Swirls of candy corn colored frosting and crunchy M&M candies will have everyone going back for another slice.
My downfall when I am shopping at stores are all the specialty candies and cookies that come out every season. The foodie in me just has to know what they taste like.
So of course, when I saw the creepy cocoa crisp M&M's on the store shelf I had to buy a bag right away. For research purposes...wink, wink.
I really loved the crispy texture that these candies have in the center. In order to keep myself from eating the entire bag, I had to come up with a fun Halloween dessert that I could share with our church life group.
If you are not a candy corn lover, you can start rejoicing because there is actually NO candy corn in this easy brownie pie.
Swirls of yellow, orange, and white vanilla buttercream frosting just gives the chocolate pie a fun candy corn look.
How to make a Candy Corn M&M Brownie Pie:
- Unroll a refrigerated pie crust and place in in deep dish pie plate. Crimp the edges of the crust, then place the plate in the fridge because you do not want your pie crust to get too soft.
- Mix together the box brownie mix. PRO TIP: Don't like using box mixes? You can make a double batch of these Homemade Chocolate Chip Brownies instead. (Just skip the chocolate chips from that recipe.)
- Stir 1 cup of M&M's into the brownie batter, then spoon it into the chilled pie crust and bake until done. A knife inserted in the center should come out with moist crumbs.
- Let the pie cool completely, then add swirls of frosting around the edges and top with more candies.
Do I have to use the pie crust?
No, you can leave that out if you like. But then it's just a brownie in a pie plate, not a brownie pie. LOL!
Can I use a different candy in this brownie pie recipe?
Yes you can. You can use any flavor of chocolate chips, nuts, or chocolate candies instead of the M&M's.
More fun Halloween desserts:
- Spooky Chocolate Vanilla Oreo Fudge
- Creepy Crawly Brownie Pizzas
- Halloween Swirled Cheesecake Bars
- Peanut Butter Zombie Eyeballs
- Halloween Oreo Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also have a fun Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It's a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what's new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
For the Pie
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 (13x9) box brownie mix
- 1 cup cocoa crisp M&M's + extra for garnish
For the Frosting
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- orange and yellow gel food color
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll pie crust and place in a 9 ½ inch deep dish pie plate. Crimp edges. Place in fridge.
- Prepare brownie mix according to the box directions. Stir M&M’s in by hand.
- Pour brownie batter into prepared pie crust. Cover edges of pie crust with foil or a crust shield. Bake 45-50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center, comes out with with a few crumbs still on it. Cool on a wire rack.
- Beat butter, salt, and vanilla until creamy. Add the powdered sugar and whipping cream and beat until light and creamy.
- Place ¼ cup white frosting in a piping bag fitted with icing tip 21.
- Place ½ cup frosting in a bowl and tint orange. Spoon into piping bag fitted with icing tip 32.
- Tint remaining frosting yellow. Spoon into large piping bag fitted with icing tip 1M.
- Pipe yellow swirls all around the pie edge. Repeat with the orange frosting and then the white frosting. Top each swirl with a brown M&M.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 378Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 201mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 1gSugar: 37gProtein: 2g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
*The post for Candy Corn M&M Brownie Pie was first published October 25, 2011. The photos and post were updated and republished October 22, 2020.