Get ready to celebrate the spooky holiday with a big bowl of cookies and cream Halloween Popcorn! This sweet and salty white chocolate popcorn is loaded with Oreo cookies and M&M’s. It’s an easy treat to make in minutes and is perfect for parties and get togethers.
Halloween is just around the corner and you know what that means. It’s time to start planning your costume and treats!
If you are looking for something to help you get into the spirit, we have just what you need. We gave our delicious white chocolate popcorn a spooky treatment with Oreo crumbs, sprinkles, and halloween M&M candies. You won’t be able to resist this sweet treat!
Why We Love This Popcorn
This Halloween popcorn is the perfect treat for anyone who loves sweet and salty snacks. It’s the perfect snack to enjoy while watching your favorite horror movie or sitting around the campfire on a chilly autumn night.
Oreo popcorn has all your favorite flavors in it – white chocolate, Oreos, M&M’s, plus some festive Halloween sprinkles that make it so fun. If you forgot that you signed up for a party treat, don’t sweat it. The Halloween popcorn mix comes together in less than 15 minutes.
You can serve it in a big bowl for everyone to munch on throughout the night or package it in individual bags and let everyone take one to go. Either way, we guarantee everyone will be begging for more popcorn once they get their hands on it.
You will only need 5 ingredients to make this easy cookies and cream popcorn. It comes together in minutes and disappears just as quick!
- Popcorn – Any freshly popped popcorn or microwave popcorn will work.
- Marshmallows – The miniature ones are the perfect size. If you all have are large ones, try cutting them into smaller pieces first.
- White Chocolate – I like using the Ghirardelli melting wafers for chocolate covered treats. It melts easily and tastes great. You can also use almond bark or white chocolate chips.
- Oreo Cookies – Use a food processor to crush the cookies and cream filling into crumbs. Or do it the old fashioned way with a plastic bag and a rolling pin.
- Sprinkles – Any variety of Halloween colors will work.
- M&M’s – You can use any type of M&M’s for this popcorn recipe, but we love the Cookies & Scream M&M’s because it goes so well with the cookies and cream popcorn.
How to make Halloween Popcorn
In a matter of minutes, this Halloween popcorn mix can be chilling on your counter. What are you waiting for? Grab a few bowls and get started.
- Mix together the popcorn and marshmallows. Divide evenly into two bowls.
- Melt half of the white chocolate according to the package directions. Stir into one bowl of popcorn.
- Add sprinkles and pour onto a tray lined with wax paper. Add 1/2 bag M&M’s.
- Melt the rest of the white chocolate. Stir into the other bowl of popcorn.
- Sprinkle with crushed Oreo a little at a time as you stir until everything is coated.
- Dump onto the other end of the tray and add the rest of the Halloween candy.
- Chill in the fridge 5 minutes. Remove and break apart.
- Store in a tightly sealed container or bag.
How to Store
Keep the chocolate covered popcorn in a very tightly sealed container or bag for 1-2 days. It really is best the day you make it because it starts to soften after that.
- Pop your own popcorn using mushroom popcorn kernels. They pop up round and hold the chocolate the best.
- Remove any un-popped seeds before making the chocolate covered popcorn. No one wants to bite into a seed and break a tooth!
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or wax paper to keep the popcorn from sticking to the pan.
- Make sure to add the Oreo crumbs and sprinkles right away before the white chocolate popcorn has time to dry and set up.
- Package the Halloween popcorn in cute little bags with string and a spider ring to give out to trick or treats or as party favors.
- Use crushed Nutter Butters or Biscoff cookies to change up the flavor of this Halloween popcorn.
- Color the melted white chocolate with gel food colors before stirring it into the popcorn. Orange would be a fun color to go with the black Oreo popcorn.
- Change up the mix ins by using your favorite candy bars or candies. This Butterfinger popcorn is so good!
More Easy Halloween Treats
- Ghost Cookies
- Peanut Butter Eyeballs
- Halloween Cheesecake
- Oreo Coated Marshmallows
- Halloween Rice Krispie Treats
- Candy Corn Fudge
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please consider leaving a 5 star ⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further below.
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 - 10 ounce bag white chocolate melting wafers
- 1/4 cup Halloween sprinkles
- 10 Oreo cookies, crushed into fine crumbs
- 1 bag M&M's (we used the Cookies & Scream M&M's)
- Divide the popcorn and marshmallows evenly in two bowls.
- Place half the melting wafers in a microwave safe bowl. Heat at 50% power for 45 seconds. Stir and repeat until melted and creamy.
- Pour into one bowl of popcorn. Stir until everything is coated. Add sprinkles and toss again.
- Dump the popcorn onto a tray lined with parchment. Add half the M&M's.
- Melt the rest of the chocolate and pour into the other bowl of popcorn. Stir until everything is coated.
- Slowly add the Oreo crumbs as you continue to stir until everything has a crumb coating.
- Dump the popcorn onto the other end of the tray. Add the rest of the candies.
- Refrigerate 5 minutes. Break apart and store in a tightly sealed bag.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 65mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 1g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.