Prepare to celebrate the spooky holiday with a big bowl of Halloween Popcorn! This sweet white chocolate popcorn is loaded with Oreo cookies and M&M's. It's an easy treat to make in minutes and is perfect for parties and get-togethers.
Halloween is just around the corner and you know what that means. It's time to start planning your costume and treats!
Get into the spirit with this sweet treat. We gave our delicious white chocolate popcorn the spooky treatment with Oreo crumbs, sprinkles, and Halloween M&M candies. You won't be able to resist this mix!
Why You Will Love This Spooky Popcorn
This Halloween popcorn is a great treat for this time of year. It's the perfect snack to enjoy while watching your favorite scary movie or waiting for trick-or-treaters outside.
- All your favorite flavors. White chocolate, Oreos, M&M's, and colorful sprinkles combine to create a fun and festive treat.
- Perfect for parties. If you forgot that you signed up for a class party treat, don't sweat it. This easy Halloween snack comes together in less than 15 minutes.
- Easy to share. You can serve it in a large bowl for everyone to snack on all night. Or pack it in individual bags for a convenient grab-and-go option. Regardless of how it's served, everyone will beg for more of this fun treat.
You will only need five ingredients to make this festive Halloween popcorn recipe. It comes together in minutes and disappears just as quickly!
- Popcorn - Any air-popped popcorn or microwave popcorn will work, although we prefer the butter variety.
- Marshmallows - The miniature ones are the perfect size. If you have large ones, cut them into smaller pieces before using them.
- White Chocolate - I like using the Ghirardelli melting wafers for chocolate-covered treats because it melts and tastes great. You can also use white almond bark or white chocolate chips.
- Oreo Cookies - Use a food processor to crush the cookies into crumbs. Or do it the old-fashioned way with a plastic bag and a rolling pin.
- Sprinkles - Any variety of Halloween colors will work.
- M&M's - You can use any chocolate candies for this popcorn recipe. Although, our favorites are the Cookies & Scream M&M's.
How to make Halloween Popcorn
In a matter of minutes, this Halloween popcorn mix can be chilling on your counter. So, what are you waiting for? Grab a few bowls and get started.
- Mix the popcorn and marshmallows in a large bowl. Divide the mix into two bowls so you can cover them evenly.
- Melt half of the white chocolate according to the package directions. Pour the melted chocolate into one bowl of popcorn and stir until coated. Add Halloween sprinkles, then pour onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Add ½ bag of M&M's.
- Melt the rest of the white chocolate, then stir it into the other bowl of popcorn. Sprinkle with crushed Oreo a little at a time as you stir until everything is coated.
- Dump this mixture onto the other end of the baking sheet, then add the rest of the candy to the top of the popcorn. When it is set in the fridge, remove and break it apart.
Keep the chocolate-covered popcorn in an airtight container or bag for 1-2 days. It really is best the day you make it because it softens after that.
Tips and Tricks
- Pop your mushroom popcorn kernels in an air popper. They pop up round and hold the chocolate the best.
- Remove any un-popped seeds before making the chocolate-covered popcorn. No one wants to bite into a seed and break a tooth!
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or wax paper because this will keep the popcorn from sticking to the pan.
- Make sure to add the Oreo crumbs and sprinkles immediately because the white chocolate popcorn will set up quickly.
- Package the popcorn mix in little cellophane bags. Tie with a string and a spider ring to give out at Halloween parties.
- Use crushed Nutter Butters or Biscoff cookies to change up the flavor of this Halloween popcorn.
- Orange and green food coloring add a fun pop of color beside the black Oreo popcorn. Color the melted white chocolate with gel food colors before stirring it into the popcorn.
- Add Reese's Pieces instead of the chocolate candies.
- Use black candy melts on half of the popcorn before adding the Oreo crumbs. This will give the popcorn a very intense black color.
- Change up the mix-ins in this easy recipe. Feel free to use your favorite Halloween candies or cookies, such as candy eyes, gummy worms, or candy pumpkins.
When choosing popcorn kernels for popcorn, consider the texture you want in your end product. If you're making heavily coated popcorn, mushroom popcorn is the better choice because it is sturdy. If you prefer a lighter, fluffier popcorn, butterfly popcorn is a great option.
A great way to package popcorn is in individual bags. To keep the popcorn fresh, you can tie the bag closed with a ribbon or twine.
Place popcorn in an airtight container to maintain freshness and texture.
More Tasty Halloween Treats
- Ghost Cookies
- Peanut Butter Eyeballs
- Halloween Cheesecake
- Oreo Coated Marshmallows
- Halloween Rice Krispie Treats
- Candy Corn Fudge
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and a review in the comments section below.
*This post was first published in October 2021, then it was updated and republished in October 2023.