Cheddar Broccoli Chicken Lasagna Rolls are filled with a cheesy meat and veggie filling and baked in a creamy cheese sauce. This chicken lasagna roll ups recipe is delicious and so easy to make ahead of time.
Lasagna Roll Ups
Do you love lasagna, but not all the work that comes with making it? Individual lasagna roll ups are the answer to this dinner problem.
Lasagna roll ups are a fun and delicious way to enjoy lasagna without all the work and time baking it. Comfort food that doesn’t take a ton of time in the kitchen is the best.
A few years ago I made these Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Rolls for dinner one night, and our entire family loved them. What I loved most about them was how easy they were to make. Another great thing about lasagna roll ups is that they are easier to serve and help with portion control because you can serve one at a time.
To make this an extra cheesy chicken lasagna recipe, I covered the chicken lasagna rolls in a cheesy cheddar sauce. Oh, my! The cheesy pasta dinner was a complete hit with our whole family!
Ingredients for Chicken Lasagna Roll Ups
Here is the list of ingredients you will need to make these mini individual lasagna rolls. The chicken broccoli lasagna is always a hit with everyone.
- Lasagna Noodles – cooked and drained
- Broccoli – fresh or frozen
- Cheddar Sauce – I used a jar of Ragu cheddar sauce. Feel free to make a homemade cheese sauce.
- Milk – thins out the cheese sauce
- Ricotta Cheese – makes a creamy cheese filling for the roll ups
- Garlic – adds flavor to the mixture
- Chicken – use whatever chicken you have on hand. We keep bags of cooked rotisserie chicken in our freezer for quick and easy meals.
- Cheddar Cheese – shredded cheese blend
- Salt and Pepper – for seasoning
How to make Cheddar Broccoli Chicken Lasagna Roll Ups
Cheesy lasagna roll ups are the perfect serving size and are so easy to make for dinner. Adding chicken and broccoli makes a heartier filling.
- Cook lasagna noodles in a large pot. When there is only two minutes left on the timer, add the chopped broccoli into the water too. This will cook it slightly, so it isn’t crunchy in your rolls later.
- Scoop the broccoli out with a slotted spoon first, then drain the water from the noodles.
- Rinse the noodles off and lay them on some paper towels while you make the filling. You could also put them back in the pan with some olive oil to keep them from sticking.
- Whisk together the milk and cheese sauce. Add some to the bottom of the baking dish to keep the rolls from sticking.
- Mix together the cheeses, chicken, garlic, and broccoli and spread the chicken mixture on the cooked noodles. Gently roll them up and place in the pan seam side down.
- Spoon the remaining cheese sauce over the lasagna rolls and top with shredded cheese.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake until hot and bubbly.
- Cook the entire box of lasagna noodles, so you have extras for when some break.
- Do not over cook the noodles because the finished rolls will be baking too.
- Cook the broccoli with the noodles to save time and pans.
Keep the unbaked or baked lasagna rolls in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator. They will keep for 3-4 days.
Can these lasagna roll ups be made ahead of time?
Yes, this is a great dinner recipe to make ahead of time. Make and prepare the rolls and place the dish in the refrigerator until time to bake. Remove from the fridge 20 minutes before baking, then bake as directed.
More Pasta Recipes For Dinner
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- Cheesy Chicken Pasta
- Taco Pasta Salad
- Tomato Basil Sausage Skillet
- Stuffed Shells with meat
- Creamy Stovetop Mac and Cheese
- Chicken Supreme Pasta
- Italian Cheese Pasta
- Skillet Lasagna
- Ham and Pasta Casserole
When you make a recipe from Inside BruCrew Life, don’t forget to leave a comment and rate the recipe below. Follow us on our social media, and tag your photos #brucrewlife or @brucrewlife !
I also created a Facebook group and would love for you to join. Share recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. Request to join HERE.
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 - 15 ounce jar cheddar sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese, drained if needed
- 1 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken (seasoned to taste)
- 2 cups shredded triple cheddar cheese, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Add the broccoli to the boiling water for the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the broccoli and place in a bowl.
- Drain the water and rinse the lasagna noodles. Lay them out on paper towels. You could also put them back in the pan and drizzle olive oil on them, so they do not stick together.
- Whisk together the cheddar sauce and milk. Spread 1 cup in the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan.
- Mix together the ricotta cheese, garlic, chicken, broccoli, and 1 cup shredded cheese. Season the filling to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lay out the cooked lasagna noodles and spoon the mixture evenly on top of the noodles. Gently roll up and place in the prepared pan.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the top of the rolls. Sprinkle with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove and serve immediately. Top with parsley, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 834Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 166mgSodium: 1003mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 53g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
*The post for Cheddar Broccoli Chicken Lasagna Rolls was first published March 23, 2018. The post was updated and republished June 21, 2021.