This Ham and Broccoli Pasta Bake is loaded with meat and veggies. Homemade macaroni and cheese is an easy pasta dinner that everyone will love.
When I need comfort food, I always go for easy pasta recipes. A pan of this Cheesy Chicken Pasta satisfies that need and always disappears at dinner.
*Love these recipes? Be sure to sign up for the BruCrew email to have these recipes delivered to your inbox each time a new recipe is shared.
I am definitely enjoying sharing some of our favorite easy dinner recipes with you guys.
And judging from the amount of response and traffic on this Chicken Supreme Pasta Bake, you guys are loving them too. I still have a few more delicious pasta recipes up my sleeve. Well, actually they are in my belly and on my computer just waiting for the right day to share them.
Dinner is something that everyone has to eat, so why not share the ones that are kid approved in our house.
Did you eat ham this past weekend for Easter dinner? Are you looking for leftover ham recipes for the remainder of the ham in our fridge?
I say chop it up and add it along with some broccoli to this Three Cheese Macaroni and Cheese. Pasta with ham and cheese will get two thumbs up at the dinner table. You could also use the leftover ham in this Ham and Tomato Egg Bake and eat that for breakfast all week.
Even the pickiest eaters will gobble this ooey, gooey cheesy pasta dinner in a hurry. Well, they might pick around the ham if they are anything like our youngest. But I kind of figured he would do that.
He has it in his head that he doesn’t like ham, but he will eat bacon. It doesn’t matter how many times we tell him that both meats come from the same animal. He refuses to do ham. Now put a Veggie Pasta Salad in front of the kid, and he will go to town on it.
This Ham and Broccoli Pasta Bake only takes about 45 minutes from start to finish.
If you want to save some time, you can prep some of the ingredients ahead of time.
- Cook the noodles earlier and toss them with a little bit of olive oil, so they don’t stick together.
- Chop the onions and ham and store in separate containers in the refrigerator.
- Crush the crackers and place in a Ziplock baggie.
Then when you go to cook dinner, all your prep is done, and you can put this Ham and Broccoli Pasta Bake together in minutes.
How to make this Ham and Broccoli Pasta Bake recipe:
- Sauté the onions and butter in a large pot, then stir in the leftover ham and garlic and let it warm up.
- Run some hot water over the frozen broccoli in a colander to thaw it out. Drain this and add it to the ham mixture.
- Now you can either set this pan aside and use a new one, or spoon that mixture into a bowl and set aside it aside, so you can reuse the dirty pan.
- Melt some butter and cook the flour in it for 1 minute. Add some milk and stir until it is thickened slightly. This is a basic roux that you can use as a base for any pasta recipe.
- Stir in the shredded cheese until it is melted and gooey.
- Add the all ready cooked pasta and ham mixture, season it with some salt and pepper, and spoon it into a casserole dish.
- Top it with more cheese and cracker crumbs and pop it into the oven for 20 minutes or so to melt the cheese on top.
Ooey, gooey, pasta dinners are definitely ones that get rave reviews from everyone in our house.
More easy dinner recipes that you may enjoy:
- One Skillet Enchilada Casserole from Oh, Sweet Basil
- Chicken Alfredo Ravioli Lasagna from Inside BruCrew Life
- Chicken Rice Casserole from Spend with Pennies
- Pasta Taco Casserole from Wine & Glue
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Be sure to follow us on our social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 8 ounces pasta (small or medium shells)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 cup frozen broccoli
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup crushed butter cracker crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 or 9 inch pan with nonstick spray.
- Cook the pasta noodles al dente according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Saute the onion in the olive oil for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and ham and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Run the broccoli under hot water for 1 minute to thaw partially. Drain and add to the ham mixture. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Slowly stir in the milk. Cook and stir for a few more minutes, until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Stir in parmesan cheese, 3/4 cup cheddar, and 3/4 cup mozzarella. Stir until melted and creamy.
- Add the ham mixture and pasta. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle with all the remaining cheeses. Top with the cracker crumbs. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve hot. Store remaining pasta in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 373 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 75mg Sodium: 935mg Carbohydrates: 24g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Protein: 24g
*This post contains affiliate links. Inside BruCrew Life may receive a small percentage from sales made through these free links. As always, these links do not cost you any extra. Thank you for letting us share products we use and love this way.