This easy Skillet Ravioli Lasagna has all the flavors of traditional lasagna without all the work. In under 30 minutes, you can have a delicious and hearty pasta meal on the dinner table.
Lasagna is one of my favorite pasta dishes, but it is so much work to make. It takes so much time and energy to make such a labor intensive dish for a weeknight meal.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Our skillet ravioli lasagna is the perfect solution to this dinner time problem. This easy dinner recipe has all the flavors of a classic lasagna without all the work. Gotta love that!
Using a skillet takes all the hard work out of the pasta dish. No more layering noodles or needing multiple bowls for all the ingredients. In under 30 minutes you'll have a delicious and hearty meal on your dinner table.
You won't believe how good this meal tastes. Serve it with garlic bread and salad any night of the week. It's super easy to make.
What You'll Need
This stove top lasagna has minimal prep because you will be using a few store bought items. No one will even know you used these shortcuts to make this cheesy pasta casserole for dinner.
- Ravioli - You will need one large bag of frozen or fresh cheese ravioli for this recipe. Spinach, mushroom, or beef ravioli would also be good.
- Italian Sausage - Find a roll of this sausage in the refrigerated meat department in most grocery stores. You can also substitute ground hamburger, if you prefer.
- Veggies - Green peppers, onions, and garlic add flavor and taste.
- Pasta Sauce - Use one jar of your favorite spaghetti or tomato sauce.
- Cheese - You will need ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, and shredded mozzarella cheese to make this skillet dinner.
- Seasonings - Dried oregano or dried parsley plus salt and pepper add flavor and taste to the pasta dish.
How to make Skillet Ravioli Lasagna
Enjoy a hot bubbly lasagna dinner in less than half an hour. All thanks to a bag of frozen ravioli and a jar of pasta sauce. It's such a quick and easy meal.
- Place a pot of water on high heat and bring to a boil.
- Carefully drop the frozen ravioli into the boiling water and let them cook.
- Remove the pan from the heat and drain the pasta.
Make Meat Sauce
- Cook the sausage in a large skillet. Drain any grease, if needed.
- Add the chopped peppers and onions and cook until they are soft.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce and the three cheeses.
- Add the cooked, drained ravioli and stir gently until coated. Cover with the lid and heat a few minutes before serving.
- Drop more ricotta cheese on top of the ravioli and sauce and sprinkle with parsley.
Keep the cooled pasta in a tightly sealed container in the fridge for 2-3 days. Reheat leftovers in the microwave until hot.
- Speed up dinner prep by chopping the veggies the night before. Keep them in ziplock bags or containers in the refrigerator.
- You can also buy frozen chopped veggies to keep on hand too.
- Make this a meatless meal by leaving out the meat. Add chopped spinach to the sauce to bump up the veggies.
- Feel free to use any flavor or variety of ravioli or pasta sauce.
Fresh ravioli will cook in boiling water in 3-4 minutes. Boil frozen ravioli for about 10 minutes, or until they start to float to the top of the water.
Make sure the pot of water comes to a boil before dropping the ravioli into it. During the first two minutes, make sure you stir the pasta around, so they do not stick to each other.
Let the cooked ravioli cool to room temperature, then spoon into a freezer safe container. Cover the top with plastic wrap and add the lid. Freeze 1-2 months.
Thaw in the refrigerator overnight, then reheat in the microwave or an oven safe dish until hot.
More Easy Pasta Recipes
- Chicken Pasta Bake Recipe
- Ham Broccoli Pasta
- Pizza Pasta Skillet
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- Stuffed Shells with meat recipe
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and a review in the comments section below.
*The post for Skillet Ravioli Lasagna was first published April 2015. The post and pictures were updated and republished April 2022.