Do you have a busy night, but still want to serve a delicious dinner to your family? This Easy Skillet Lasagna Ravioli is ready to serve in less than 30 minutes. Three kinds of cheese and ready made ravioli make this such an easy dish to prepare.
With the return of warmer weather, comes all the fun of sports practices and games. Our youngest son plays baseball and soccer in the spring, so right now the practices are overlapping. There are days he goes from baseball right to soccer, so dinner is usually just whatever can be found in the fridge. Or we make a quick stop at a fast food restaurant for something fast and easy.
Since I really do not want to spend that much money on fast food, I have been trying to think of easy meals that can either be ready in a short time, or ones I can make ahead of time and reheat when we get a chance to sit down to eat.
The other day my husband was talking to some friends about the blog and how it was pretty much sugar coated sugar all the time around here. Yeah, he’s pretty much got that right. I mean have you seen these brownies or this cake? Sugar goodness is just how my brain works most days.
Of course when I’m not thinking about sugary treats, my mind wanders to cheesy pasta. It’s my second favorite thing to make. A while ago I made this BLT Alfredo Skillet Ravioli, and now ravioli has become my go to pasta when I want to make a quick dinner.
This dinner does use two pans. You will need one pan to boil water and cook the ravioli, and one pan to cook the sausage and make sauce in. Start the ravioli first, then while those are cooking you can start on the rest.
I like to chop my veggies the night before and keep them in bags or containers in the refrigerator. You can also buy frozen chopped veggies to keep on hand too. It speeds up the dinner prep when I have hungry monsters that do not want to wait very long for hot food.
Cook the meat and then sauté the veggies with it. After the meat is cooked through, you stir in the sauce, cheese, and cooked ravioli. Easy, peasy and ready in no time at all.
Gotta love a delicious dinner with lots of cheesy goodness and pasta in no time at all!!!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
- 1 - 25 ounce package frozen ravioli
- 8 ounces Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 - 24 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- parsley or oregano flakes
- Cook the ravioli according to the package directions.*
- While the ravioli is cooking, place the sausage in a skillet and start browning it. Add the onions and peppers and cook until the meat is done.
- Stir in the garlic, sauce, 1/2 cup ricotta, parmesan, and mozzarella cheese and stir until melted.
- Gently add the cooked ravioli and stir to coat. Top with the remaining ricotta and sprinkle with oregano or parsley. Serve immediately.
*If your ravioli finishes cooking before you have the sauce ready, drain the water and drizzle with a little bit of olive oil to keep them from sticking together.
Serving Size:5-6 servings
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 503 Total Fat: 26g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 70mg Sodium: 1324mg Carbohydrates: 41g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 9g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 27g
More delicious pasta recipes we love:
More pasta goodness from friends: