Adding a layer of caramel cheesecake makes this gooey dessert a delicious way to end any meal. Try this Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Tart the next time you need a dessert to wow everyone with.
Sweet and salty desserts always get my vote!
By now I think that it is safe to say that I am kind of crazy for cheesecake. I am always looking for ways to include it in every dessert that I make.
Over the years cheesecake has made its way into icebox cakes, cupcakes, and cookies. I’m pretty sure I will keep finding new ways to enjoy the creaminess that is cheesecake. My list of ideas is still pretty long!
Ok, so just so you know. Making a decadent gooey caramel cheesecake and trying to only “eat” juice for the day is not the smartest idea in the world. I had this amazing dessert sitting in my fridge right in front of the juice I needed to get to for dinner.
That wasn’t the smartest thing I’ve done this week! I may have slipped up a little and had a small sliver of this salted caramel cheesecake! What? You would have done the same thing, right???
It’s a good thing our kids were gaga over this dessert too. They took care of getting rid of all this Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Tart for me.
Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Tart
This is the third recipe that I have tweaked from Better Homes and Gardens, and I have to say it has moved into first place! It totally beat out the Best Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake and these Mocha Coconut Chocolate Blooms by a landslide. Yup, one tiny sliver and I knew this was a winner!
Cookies, cheesecake, chocolate, caramel, nuts, salt…you can kind of see why it has become my new favorite dessert. All the good stuff in one glorious dessert!
And the best part is that it is really easy to make. The only thing that you are going to bake is the crust.
Just make sure to cool the crust completely before adding the no bake caramel cheesecake layer. Chill it again before adding the chocolate and caramel toppings.
More cheesecake recipes that you may enjoy:
- Cherry Cheesecake Brownies
- Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
- Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake Cake
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
For the Crust
- 20 Oreo cookies, crushed with the filling
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the Cheesecake Layer
- 2 (8 ounces each) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
For the Chocolate Layer
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
For the Caramel Layer
- 15 caramel squares
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup pecan chips
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- coarse sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- Mix together the cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until creamy. Add 1/2 cup caramel topping and beat again.
- Fold in 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip and sea salt. Spread over the cooled crust and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Bring the heavy whipping cream to just below boiling and remove immediately. Stir in the chocolate chips until melted and creamy.
- Cool 10 minutes, then spread over the top of the cheesecake layer. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- Place the unwrapped caramels and caramel topping in a saucepan. Cook over low heat until melted.
- Stir in the heavy cream until creamy. Let cool 5-8 minutes, stirring often.
- Spread over the chocolate layer and top with pecans and chocolate chips. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. Cut into 10-12 slices. Refrigerate leftovers.
*This recipe has been adapted from this Gooey Chocolate-Caramel Fantasy
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 601Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 501mgCarbohydrates: 76gFiber: 2gSugar: 59gProtein: 4g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
*Today’s post and recipe for Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Tart was originally posted on Inside BruCrew Life on February 19, 2015, and it has been republished August 2018.