This Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake is amazing and will disappear right before your very eyes. Chocolate and peanut butter cheesecake layers with a chocolate topping and Oreo crust should be one of the things you add to your baking list right away.
Have you ever had one of “those” days? You know the one I’m talking about, right? The one that makes you wonder if the full moon is out.
Today was that day for me. And the day isn’t even over, so I’m kind of scared to see what happens next. It all started the minute the alarm started going off. Yup, that’s it. Hahahaha! Just kidding. There’s more.
My hubby and I had a small (and I do mean small for real) discussion on staying at school in the afternoon instead of coming home and going right back half an hour later for a soccer game.
It was early, I didn’t have my Salted Caramel Mocha Latte yet, and it just irritated me. I think it irritated me more that he was right.
Yes, I did concede a few minutes (ok, 30 minutes) later that he was right. The cost of gas has gone up again, and it makes more sense to just stay put.
Then I walked to work. Haha! Ok, fine I walked to the other room and got on my computer. Turns out there really must be a full moon because I have had some cray cray comments on the blog this week.
Just think of things like “jerk”, “why don’t you set a better example for your kids”, “junk food”, and being “shot and left for the buzzards to peck out”. Yup, all real comments. My jaw is hanging open too!
And I have been accused of stealing my own picture. I’m sorry I didn’t realize posting my own pictures was wrong. LOL!
I am feeling the extreme urge to hide in my closet for the rest of the day with a pan of Homemade Chocolate Chip Brownies and some peanut butter cups. Don’t bother looking for me. I’ll be much happier there in the dark with my comfort food.
Really these kinds of things just make me laugh. Ain’t nobody got time for being upset! What else are you supposed to do about it? Other than stuff your face with chocolate! So go ahead. Leave me all the comments. Laughter is good for the soul!
I thought maybe you have had one of those days or weeks and might need some cheesecake goodness too. How about a chocolate peanut butter cheesecake with an Oreo crust? Uuuuuhhhhhuuuhhhh, I thought so.
I know you are thinking I’m the crazy one now, but seriously this is really an easy peanut butter cheesecake to make. You can do it.
How to make a Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake:
Place a pan of water on the very bottom rack of the oven as it preheats. This steam bath will create moisture in the oven, so that the cheesecake doesn’t crack while it bakes.
Mix together cookie crumbs and butter and press them into the bottom of the pan. See it’s starting off easy. Quick tip. Use parchment paper in the bottom of the springform pan to keep the crust from sticking. It comes right off after the cheesecake is done.
Start with the peanut butter cheesecake layer next. Beat the ingredients until creamy. See another easy step. I got you covered.
Now to step it up another notch. The chocolate layer is made on the stove. But it’s easy, I promise. Melt the chocolate chips over low heat. Add the cream cheese and stir until melted. Stir in the rest of the ingredients for the chocolate layer. Not too hard is it?
Then you just layer the chocolate and peanut butter layers on the prepared cookie crust. Pop it in the oven for 55-65 minutes. Pull it out as soon as the timer goes off and let it cool on a wire rack for an hour, then refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
How to make a quick chocolate ganache: Heat the whipping cream in the microwave, then pour it over the chocolate chips and let it sit for a minute. Stir until melted and creamy. Pour on top of the chilled cheesecake and spread it out.
Use a piping bag and icing tip 1M to swirl Cool Whip around the edges. Top each swirl with a peanut butter cup candy.
Now what are you doing here? Get your butt up and go to the store for all the ingredients to make this. If the chocolate chips and peanut butter cups go missing, check the closet. Someone might have had a “day” and needed to hide for a bit.
Stay up to date on all the BruCrew baking here:
Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Recipe and Video:
For the Crust
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
For the Peanut Butter Layer
- 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
For the Chocolate Layer
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese. softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
For the Topping
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- Cool Whip
- 8 miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Place a large cookie sheet on the bottom rack and fill it halfway with water.
- Line the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- Place the cookies, cream included, in a food processor. Pulse until everything becomes crumbs.
- Combine the cookie crumbs and butter and mix until completely combined. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan.Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar. Add the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla and beat again. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan melt the chocolate chips over medium heat, stirring continually until they are melted. Add the cream cheese and stir until creamy again.
- Whisk in the milk and vanilla.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl. Add a large spoonful of the melted chocolate mixture to the egg and whisk immediately.
- Pour the rest of the melted chocolate mixture in the bowl and whisk again.
- Pour half of the chocolate cheesecake batter onto the cookie crust.
- Gently spoon the peanut butter mixture on top. Start placing spoonfuls on the outside edges first, then drop spoonfuls in the center. Carefully smooth out the peanut butter layer with an offset spatula.
- Pour the remaining chocolate cheesecake batter on top. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the top is set. Remove right away and place on a wire rack to cool.
- After 5 minutes, run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake to loosen it from the pan. Let cool for an hour. Place in the refrigerator to chill completely.
- Heat the heavy whipping cream in the microwave for 30 seconds. Pour over the chocolate chips. Let sit for 1 minute, then stir until melted and creamy.
- Pour the chocolate on the top of the chilled cheesecake and smooth over the top. Let set.
- Use a piping bag and icing tip 1M to swirl Cool Whip around the edges. Place a peanut butter cup on each swirl right before serving. Cut into 14 wedges.
- Wilton Springform Cake Pan, 9-Inch
- Wilton 12-Inch Disposable Cake Decorating and Pastry Bags, 100-Count
- Wilton 1M Open Star Piping Tip
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.