Looking for over the top cheesecake cookie bars? Try adding chocolate chip cookie dough and Oreos to a creamy cheesecake filling and see what happens. These Oreo Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars are an easy cheesecake recipe that everyone goes crazy for.
Cheesecake Cookie Bars
Cheesecake cookie bars are one of my favorite desserts to make. They are easy to make in a hurry, and they combine two of the best desserts in one amazing treat.
A creamy cheesecake filling baked between two layers of homemade chocolate chip cookie dough makes these dessert bars hard to resist. I changed the recipe for these chocolate chip cheesecake bars by adding chunks of Oreo cookies to the dough.
Best idea ever!!! The Oreo cookie pieces give the cheesecake bars a delicious cookies and cream flavor. We fell in love with them right away.
If you need an easy dessert that will wow all your friends and family, make these Oreo chocolate chip cheesecake bars.
- Simple to make.
- Taste rich and delicious.
- Everyone will want the recipe!
Ingredients for Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars
The layers in these chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars are made with simple ingredients you probably already have on hand. The homemade cookie dough with creamy cheesecake baked in the center is sure to become your new favorite dessert.
For the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Butter - Make sure the butter is room temperature before you start. I prefer to use unsalted butter, so I can control the amount of salt in my recipes. If you have salted, reduce the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Sugars - A mixture of granulated sugar and brown sugar sweetens the cookie dough and makes it soft and chewy.
- Eggs - Adds liquid to the dough.
- Vanilla Extract - Adds flavor.
- Baking Soda - Gives the cookie dough a little bit of lift and browning as it bakes. Make sure you check the expiration date.
- Salt - Balances out the sweetness from the sugar.
- Flour - All purpose flour works the best. Make sure you are measuring the flour properly using the spoon and sweep method.
- Chocolate Chips - I like to use semi-sweet chocolate chips, but you can use whatever you like or have on hand. Milk chocolate, white chips, or dark chocolate chips are all great options.
- Oreo Cookies - Chop the cookies into large pieces to use in the dough and on top.
For the Cheesecake Filling
- Cream Cheese - I use full fat in most of my cheesecake recipes. Set it out ahead of time, so it is easier to mix.
- Sugar - Granulated sugar sweetens the filling.
- Eggs - Binds the cheesecake together.
- Vanilla Extract - Adds flavor.
- Flour - Just a little bit of flour adds structure to the filling.
How to make Oreo Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
These cookie cheesecake bars come together in three easy steps. Make the Oreo cookie dough, make the cheesecake filling, and then layer it all in one pan and bake. The flavor and texture of the cookies with the creamy cheesecake and Oreo cookies make the bars taste incredible.
Step One: Make the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Beat the softened butter and sugars in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat again.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt to the butter mixture and slowly mix until a soft dough forms.
- Stir chocolate chips and Oreo cookie pieces in gently with a spoon.
Step Two: Make the Vanilla Cheesecake Filling
- Beat softened cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl until creamy.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract, and flour and beat the mixture again until smooth.
Step Three: Assemble the Cheesecake Cookie Bars
- Press half of the chocolate chip cookie dough into a greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Pour the filling on top and spread the cheesecake layer out evenly with a spatula.
- Drop small pieces of the remaining cookie dough on top of the cheesecake.
- Sprinkle the top of the dough with more Oreo cookie chunks.
- Bake the cheesecake bars until golden brown. Cool completely before cutting and devouring.
These chocolate chip cheesecake bars will be an instant hit at your house. Trust me, you will be looking for any reason to make another pan of goodness.
Tips and Tricks
Line the baking pan with foil or parchment paper if you want to lift the cheesecake bars out easily.
Customize the cookie dough with nuts, sprinkles, candy, or different cookies.
To make slutty cheesecake bars, add a layer of whole Oreos on top of the first layer of cookie dough. Then spread the cheesecake and remaining cookie dough on top.
Chill the cheesecake bars completely before cutting them into bars. These bars taste better after being refrigerated for a few hours.
Store the chocolate chip cheesecake bars in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you soften cream cheese?
- Counter - Set the blocks of cream cheese on the kitchen counter one hour before starting to make your recipe.
- Microwave - Unwrap one block of cream cheese. Place it on a microwave safe plate and heat for 20 seconds.
Can cheesecake cookie bars be made ahead of time?
Yes. This is a great recipe to make ahead of time because they need time to chill completely before you serve them.
Can I use store bought cookie dough?
You can use your favorite store bought dough instead of making the homemade if you want to save a few minutes. You will need 2 (18 ounces each) rolls of refrigerated cookie dough for this recipe.
Can cheesecake bars be frozen?
Yes these cheesecake bars freeze very well. Make sure the bars are completely chilled before cutting into squares.
Place the squares on a parchment lined tray without letting them touch. Freeze for an hour, then place in a freezer safe bag or container. Freeze for 2-3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
More Cheesecake Bars
- Rainbow Cheesecake
- Reese's Dessert
- Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars
- Key Lime Cheesecake Bars
- Mint Cheesecake Brownies
- Unicorn Cheesecake
- Swirled Cheesecake Bars
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5 star ⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further below.
*The post for Oreo Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookie Bars was first published May 23, 2013. The photos and post were updated and republished August 4, 2021.