These Coconut Oreo Strawberry Shortcakes will be the hit of every summer picnic. Strawberry shortcake is one of the most loved desserts for summer. Take that classic recipe to a new level with coconut and Oreo cookies and watch everyone dig in.
Strawberry shortcake is one of those summer desserts that makes just about everyone smile. Well, unless you are an alien or something. LOL!
Sweet biscuits topped with strawberries, homemade whipped cream, and milk. Yes, I just said milk. Now don’t get me wrong. I’m not drowning my shortcakes in milk, just drizzling some over the top to soften them up a little.
Show me your hands if you like to add milk to the top of your shortcake stack. Ok, wait I can’t see your hands, so you will have to leave me a comment if you are a milk fan too!
Years ago we were invited to an end of the year soccer party for our youngest son. They decided on a pool party and picnic with everyone pitching in with sides and desserts.
Since I keep up on food holidays, I knew that National Strawberry Shortcake Day was coming up. It’s June 14th for anyone who cares. So, I had strawberry shortcake on my brain.
Plus, strawberries were on sale that week at our grocery store, so we had gotten quite a few boxes, so I could make more Homemade Strawberry Pie Filling. I decided that a batch of easy strawberry shortcakes and an Italian Veggie Salad would be the perfect thing to bring.
Now since I have this crazy baking mind that always insists I change things up in recipes, you knew that regular shortcake wasn’t going to cut it, right?
To give these homemade shortcakes a tropical twist, I added coconut milk and shredded coconut to this easy Homemade Baking Mix. Then for even more fun, I added chopped up Oreo cookies. Best. Idea. Ever!!!!
Cookies, strawberries, and coconut made these the perfect shortcakes. I’m drooling just remembering how good these cookies and cream shortcakes were.
How to make Coconut Oreo Strawberry Shortcakes:
- Stir together baking mix, coconut milk, sugar, shredded coconut, and melted butter in a bowl. (full recipe at bottom of post)
- Add cookie chunks and gently mix them in.
- Drop 12 big spoonfuls onto a baking sheet and bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Remove and cool slightly. Serve with fresh strawberries, whipped cream, and milk.
Recipe Tips and Tricks:
One great thing about these shortcakes is that they are made with coconut milk. Anyone who has a milk or dairy allergy will be able to enjoy these delicious shortcakes with you.
If you are not a big coconut fan, you can skip the shredded coconut and use regular milk.
Make sure you add coconut milk, Oreos, and strawberries to your shopping list. You will want to celebrate all the holidays and things with these cookie shortcakes.
More easy strawberry desserts:
- Strawberry Pretzel Pie
- Homemade Strawberry Pie Filling
- Strawberry Shortcake Eclair Cake
- Strawberry Lemon Snack Cake
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad Parfaits
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar + 2 Tablespoons
- 2 1/3 cups homemade baking mix
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 3 Tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 8 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounce container Cool Whip, thawed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine the strawberries and 1/4 cup sugar. Set aside.
- Combine the baking mix, coconut milk, 2 Tablespoons sugar, melted butter, and shredded coconut in a bowl. Stir with a fork until the mixture forms a soft dough.
- Add the cookie pieces and stir gently.
- Drop 12 spoonfuls onto a non greased baking sheet. Bake for 9-10 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack to cool slightly.
- Slice the shortcakes in half. Serve with strawberries and whipped cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 47mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 1g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
*The post for Coconut Oreo Strawberry Shortcakes was first published on June 10, 2014. The post and photos were updated and republished May 11, 2020.