The layers in this Cookie Dough Cheesecake Brownie Pie will have you drooling in no time at all. Grab a fork and dive into the fudgy brownie, creamy cheesecake, and no bake cookie dough right away.
*Sign up for my email newsletter to receive these delicious recipes in your inbox each time I share them.
Oh, my word! You guys!!! This is the most amazing, most delicious, most crazy good pie!!! Seriously!!! It beats everything I have ever made!
Brownie cheesecake pie has kind of become my thing to make. You aren’t surprised, are you? I mean after this Andes Mint Cheesecake Brownie Pie and this Peanut Butter Snickers Cheesecake Brownie Pie, you had to know another one was coming soon, right?
There is something about that ooey, gooey, fudgy brownie topped with a creamy no bake cheesecake that makes me go weak in the knees. I can’t stop making them…or eating them.
My jeans kind of hate me for the lack of self control around these types of desserts.
It has been a while since the last brownie pie, so I started brainstorming some new crazy creations that would work with a basic brownie pie.
I was also thinking up some new no bake cookie dough treats to try out when all of a sudden a lightbulb went off!!! Why not marry the two together?
Seriously this was the best idea ever! In fact, it was so good and got so many rave reviews that I included this Cookie Dough Cheesecake Brownie Pie in my cookbook Cheesecake Love.
How to make a Brownie Pie:
The brownie gets baked in a pie crust first. Now if you are a domestic queen and love making your own pie crusts, go for it. It totally will work. But this pie has quite a few layers and steps, so I went with a refrigerated pie crust just to save time.
Anything that saves me time in the kitchen is my friend. It just means I am one step closer to face planting in pie goodness.
One more confession. I also used a boxed brownie mix. My reason…see above. Feel free to experiment and make your own, but your baking times will probably be a little different.
The key to this pie is to NOT follow the box directions. You want your brownie layer to be rich and fudgy, so make sure you only add the following ingredients to the 9×13 dry brownie mix.
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
The mixture will be very thick and sticky. Spread it out evenly in the bottom of the pie crust and bake for 40-45 minutes. Remove and cool.
No Bake Cookie Dough Bites
While the brownie layer bakes, get started on your cookie dough pieces. There is no egg in this cookie dough, so it is safe to eat without cooking.
I may have been sampling the dough as I rolled the tiny balls. One for the pan, one for me. Reason #2 in this post of why my pants are angry with me.
Mix together butter, brown sugar, vanilla, salt, and a splash of milk until creamy. Slowly beat in the flour.
PRO TIP: Microwave the flour for a minute before stirring it in. This eliminates any contamination that could be present in raw flour.
Stir in the mini chocolate chips. Roll the dough into 56 small cookie dough bites. You want to make sure to roll them small, so that there is enough to spread them out evenly in the cheesecake filling.
Place the cookie dough balls on a wax paper lined tray and place the pan in the freezer. Leave them there until later.
How to make No Bake Cookie Dough Cheesecake:
- Beat together cream cheese, vanilla, and brown sugar until light and creamy.
- Fold in a container of thawed Cool Whip to create a light fluffy filling that compliments the dark, rich brownie pie so well.
If you are opposed to the creamy white stuff, you can definitely make a sweetened homemade whipped cream to use in place of it.
Assembling a Cookie Dough Cheesecake Brownie Pie:
Take the cookie dough bites out of the freezer and cut them in half. Make sure to set aside 10 balls (20 halves) for the topping.
Gently stir the rest of the cookie dough bites into the cheesecake filling, then spoon the filling on top of the cooled brownie.
Pipe Cool Whip swirls around the edge of the pie. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips in the center of the pie. Place the remaining cookie dough pieces on the Cool Whip swirls.
Now get ready to face plant! Seriously! It is that amazing!
More easy cheesecake recipes you may enjoy:
- Chocolate Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars
- Take 5 Cheesecake Brownies
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookie Bars
- Cake Batter Cheesecake Brownies
- Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
Connect more with Inside BruCrew Life!
Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #brucrewlifebaking, so I can see all the Inside BruCrew Life recipes you are making.
For the Brownie Layer
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 - 9x13 dry brownie mix
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
For the Cheesecake Layer
- 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 - 16 ounce container Cool Whip, thawed and divided
For the Cookie Dough Bites
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll the pie crust according to the package directions. Place in a 9 1/2-inch deep dish pie plate and set aside.
- Mix the brownie mix, oil, water, and egg until combined. Spoon into the pie crust.
- Cover the edges of the pie crust with foil to prevent them from burning. Bake for 40 minutes. Do not over bake. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt until creamy.
- Add the flour and milk and beat again. Stir in 1/4 cup of the mini chocolate chips.
- Roll into 56 tiny cookie dough bites. Place on a wax paper lined tray and freeze until hard.
- Beat the cream cheese, brown sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Fold in 3 cups of Cool Whip.
- Cut the cookie dough bites in half. Reserve 10 balls (20 halves for the topping)
- Stir the bites gently into the no bake cheesecake filling. Spoon the filling gently on top of the cooled brownie pie.
- Use a piping bag and icing tip 1M to swirl Cool Whip around the edge of the pie. Use the remaining cookie dough bites to decorate the swirls.
- Sprinkle the center of the pie with the remaining chocolate chips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 431Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 186mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 4g
*This Cookie Dough Cheesecake Brownie Pie recipe was originally published on July 8, 2014. The photos and post have been updated and republished on January 15, 2019.