Our Easy Homemade Cinnamon Rolls are a family favorite. The sweet rolls are easy to make with just 1 rise, and they have a warm and gooey cinnamon roll swirl inside. This cinnamon roll recipe is perfect for breakfast or any special occasion.
One of our favorite family tradition is eating cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Christmas morning. For years we just popped open a can of Pillsbury rolls and let the kids dig in.
Then one year I got motivated to make my own homemade sweet rolls. After our kids declared them the best rolls ever, I knew this was the start of a new tradition.
Now we make these gooey cinnamon rolls for special holidays, birthdays, and our Christmas morning brunch.
Why You Will Love These Rolls
- The homemade dough is easy to make and only needs 1 rise time.
- They bake up soft and fluffy with a sweet cinnamon swirl inside.
- A sweet vanilla glaze melts down into the cracks and makes the rolls extra gooey.
- The rolls be made prepped ahead of time, so you can enjoy overnight cinnamon rolls for breakfast.
Some other traditions that we have enjoyed over the years with our kids are:
- Having an entire day to bake your choice of cookies.
- Taking a day to go see the lights in the city and stopping for coffee and hot chocolate.
- Homemade cards, painting ornaments, gingerbread houses, and decorating the tree in Santa hats.
- Reading the Christmas story and opening new pajamas.
- Choosing the perfect cookies to leave for Santa.