A pan of these gooey Easy Funfetti Cinnamon Rolls is a fun breakfast treat. Sprinkles in the dough and on the frosting make these easy, no yeast sweet rolls so bright and colorful.
No one in our home is an early morning riser. We all love sleeping in until the last possible moment. So, over the years I have made different breakfast options like these White Chocolate Caramel Granola Bars, these Banana Nut Cinnamon Rolls, or some of these Coffee Chocolate Chip Muffins the night before.
I love easy breakfast items that can be made the day before and still taste great the next day. Of course, we also eat our fair share of cereal, milk, yogurt, eggs, smoothies, and oatmeal. Every day isn’t a “start the day out with sugar” kind of day.
One thing that I have found that all three of our kids love to eat in the morning is a warm cinnamon roll. I mean, who doesn’t like a warm, gooey cinnamon roll, right?
I have been making these birthday cake cinnamon rolls as a special breakfast treat for years. The best thing about these no yeast cinnamon rolls is that they can be ready in about 45 minutes.
To give these homemade cinnamon rolls a little bit of extra flair, I added sprinkles to the dough and the frosting. Sprinkles make everything better! Adding sprinkles is the perfect way to add some color and fun to a busy morning.
This Funfetti Banana Bread is another fun and delicious way to start the day off with sprinkle madness!
These rainbow sprinkle rolls are easy to make the day before. Just one bowl and some flour on the counter, and you are ready to have some sprinkle rolls in your life too!
You can use a mixer with a dough hook or a fork to bring the ingredients together to form a soft dough. Just be sure you do not over mix the dough. If you over mix it, the rolls will be tough instead of light and flakey.
When you knead the dough, make sure your counter has a good layer of flour on it. Just be careful that you do not knead it too many times. Too much flour added into the dough can also make the rolls heavy and tough.
How to make Funfetti Cinnamon Rolls:
- Mix together the sugars, cinnamon, and butter for the filling and set aside. (Full recipe is at the bottom of post.)
- Stir the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sprinkles together.
- Create a hole in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the buttermilk and 2 Tablespoons melted butter in. Mix until a soft dough forms.
- Knead the dough a few times on a well floured surface, then use your fingers to gently press the dough into a 10×14 rectangle.
- Spread the melted butter on the dough and top with the filling mixture. Leave a 2 inch border all around the dough.
- Roll it up from the shortest side. If the dough sticks, use a butter knife to gently loosen it.
- Trim the ends off, then cut the log into 9 even rolls. Place in a buttered pan.
- Drizzle more melted butter on top and bake.
- Once the rolls are done, mix together the cream cheese frosting and spread on top of the warm rolls.
Other easy breakfast recipes you may like:
- Triple Chocolate Scones
- Banana Nut Cinnamon Rolls
- Orange Blueberry Muffins
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Classic Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- Nutella Pop Tarts
More funfetti treats:
- Funfetti Cheesecake
- Funfetti Sugar Cookie Bars
- Funfetti Cookies and Cream Fudge
- Funfetti Cookie Dough Ice Cream
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also have a Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
For the Filling
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
For the Dough
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup colored sprinkles (jimmies)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 7 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and divided
For the Frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1¼ cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup colored sprinkles (jimmies)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease an 8x8 or 9x9 pan with 1 Tablespoon melted butter.
- Combine all the filling ingredients and stir until it resembles coarse sand. Set aside.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sprinkles. Create a hole in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the buttermilk and 2 Tablespoons melted butter in. Mix until a soft dough forms.
- Knead the dough a few times on a floured surface. Use your finger tips to press the dough into a 10"x 14" rectangle.
- Spread the dough with 2 Tablespoons melted butter. Sprinkle with the filling. Keep the sugar about 1/2" away from the edge all around.
- Roll up the dough from the short end. If the dough sticks to the counter, use a butter knife to gently loosen it.
- Cut off a small part of each end to even it out. Cut the log into 9 even pieces. Place the rolls in the pan.
- Drizzle the remaining 2 Tablespoons melted butter over the rolls. Bake for 18 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Beat the cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar until creamy. Spread over the warm rolls. Top with sprinkles.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Heat the rolls for 30 seconds in the microwave to warm them up.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 486Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 367mgCarbohydrates: 75gFiber: 1gSugar: 45gProtein: 5g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
*The post for Funfetti Cinnamon Rolls was first published on August 29, 2014. The post and photos were updated March 18, 2020.