The sweet layers in this Hot Chocolate Cheesecake will have you asking for another slice. A fudgy brownie crust and no bake hot cocoa mousse creates a stunning and delicious dessert that will be the star of every holiday party.
Brownie cakes are one of my favorite desserts to make. Actually, I think layered desserts are my favorite thing to make. Something about different layers of textures and colors makes me so happy.
A few years ago I made this hot chocolate dip, and it went crazy online after just a few days. I get it though. That sweet creamy dip is pretty amazing with cookies, crackers, and fruit.
A few weeks ago I decided to combine that dip with this thin mint cheesecake. Yup, best idea ever!
You will need the basic baking ingredients such as butter, eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, baking powder, and flour. Here are the additional extra things you will need for the hot cocoa cheesecake.
- Dark Cocoa Powder - I love using Hershey's dark for all my chocolate recipe. Regular is fine too, but the brownie layer will be a little lighter.
- Cream Cheese - Full fat will give you the best taste and firmness.
- Marshmallow Fluff - Adds a little bit of marshmallow flavor to the hot cocoa mousse.
- Hot Chocolate Mix - The dry mix adds a chocolate taste and color.
- Cool Whip - Gives the cheesecake a fluffy texture. A homemade whipped cream will work too.
- Mini Marshmallow Bits -The kind that you find in hot chocolate mix are also available to purchase in a bottle.
How to make a Hot Chocolate Cheesecake
Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper. This will keep your homemade brownie from sticking to the pan and making you cry later. Make sure to spray the sides of the pan with nonstick baking spray too.
For the Brownie Layer
- Stir together the melted butter and dark cocoa powder and set aside.
- Beat the eggs, sugar, and vanilla until frothy. Add the butter mixture and beat again.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until just mixed in. Do not over mix the batter.
- Spread it in the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely. Unlatch the sides of the pan and flip the brownie over onto a plate. Pull off the parchment paper and flip it back onto the bottom of the springform pan. Place the sides back on and close the pan.
For the No Bake Cheesecake
- Beat the cream cheese and marshmallow fluff until creamy. Add the dry hot chocolate mix and beat again.
- Fold in 2 cups of Cool Whip and 1 cup mini marshmallow bits gently.
- Spread this no bake hot chocolate cheesecake on top of the cooled brownie.
- Spread another 2 cups of Cool Whip on top of the hot chocolate cheesecake layer. Refrigerate for a few hours before removing the sides of the pan.
Place the cheesecake in a covered container and refrigerate up to 4 days.
Tips and Tricks
- Run a knife under hot water and dry it off. Run it around the edge of the cheesecake before unlatching the sides of the pan and placing the cake on a plate.
- Use a piping bag and icing tip 1M to pipe Cool Whip swirls around the edge of the brownie cake. Add some fun colored sprinkles that match the current holiday or occasion.
- Right before serving, swirl the chocolate syrup on top of the cake. You can drizzle it in a circle, a criss cross pattern, or back and forth. There is no wrong way to add more chocolate to this awesome brownie cake.
Other Hot Chocolate Desserts
- Candy Cane Hot Chocolate Fudge - layers of chocolate, candy canes, and mini marshmallows make this easy fudge a fun way to enjoy hot chocolate
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate Granola Bars - these homemade granola bars are loaded with hot chocolate mix and peppermint bits. They are such a delicious breakfast or after school snack on busy days.
- Hot Chocolate Popcorn Balls - these easy no bake popcorn balls are loaded with hot chocolate mix and marshmallows.
- No Bake Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Parfaits - layers of Oreo cookies, no bake hot chocolate cheesecake, and hot fudge make these easy parfaits so good
- Hot Chocolate Cheesecakes - these little chocolate cheesecakes get their chocolate flavor from hot chocolate mix.
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and a review in the comments section below.