This easy Hot Chocolate Dip will make your next holiday party even better. The rich and creamy no bake dessert is so simple to make, you'll want it for every get together. Serve the chocolate dip recipe with cookies or fruit as a delicious end to any meal.
This hot chocolate dip gets rave reviews from everyone that tries it. It is creamy, chocolatey, and tastes just like no bake cheesecake, but it's so much easier to prepare.
In fact, it is so good, you'll want to eat it with a spoon!
Why This Dessert Dip is the Best
The chocolate dip is rich and creamy and tastes like hot chocolate cheesecake. Be prepared for all of it to disappear in a hurry!
The best part about this hot cocoa dip is that you do not need to bake anything. Just mix all the ingredients together and enjoy. It tastes amazing on just about any fruit you can think of. Strawberries are especially good dipped in the creamy chocolate.
It's the perfect dessert for holiday parties or a cozy night at home with your family.
Ingredients You'll Need
This easy hot cocoa dip comes together in minutes with just a few ingredients. It's sweet, creamy, and totally delicious with cookies, sweet crackers, or fruit.
- Cream Cheese - Make sure to set it out ahead of time. Softened cream cheese is easier to beat into a light creamy dessert dip.
- Greek Yogurt - Adds a tang to the cheesecake dip.
- Marshmallow Cream - Sweetens the dip and adds a smooth, fluffy texture. It is usually sold in the baking aisle of most grocery stores near the marshmallows.
- Hot Chocolate Mix - It is hot chocolate dip after all. I like to use a dark chocolate mix for a rich and dark chocolate dip.
- Cool Whip - Makes it creamy and fluffy. Make this whipped cream from scratch, if you prefer that instead.
- Mini Marshmallows and Peppermint Bits - Extra toppings make it so fun and delicious.
How to make Hot Chocolate Dip
This chocolate dip recipe is seriously so easy to make. You can have it mixed and ready to devour in 5 minutes. And it's even easier to eat. Trust me. This dessert dip will disappear before you know it!
- Beat the cream cheese, yogurt, and marshmallow fluff in a large mixing bowl until light and creamy.
- Add the dry powdered hot chocolate mix and mix again until dissolved and creamy.
- Fold in a little bit of Cool Whip very gently.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Top with a swirl of Cool Whip, marshmallows, and peppermint bits and dig in.
Keep the finished cheesecake dip in a tightly sealed container in the fridge for 1-2 days.
Can this be made ahead of time?
Yes. This is a great hot chocolate dessert to make 1-2 days ahead of time. Just keep the finished chocolate dip in a covered container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
You may be wondering what to eat with this cheesecake dip recipe. Honestly, the possibilities are endless. Here are a few of the things we like to put on our dessert charcuterie board along with the chocolate dip.
- Cookies - chocolate chip cookies, graham crackers, Oreos, animal crackers, vanilla wafers
- Pretzels - waffles, sticks, thins, chocolate covered pretzels, peppermint bark pretzels
- Marshmallows - large, mini, holiday shapes, flavored
- Fruit - strawberries, raspberries, bananas, oranges
- Spoon - What? You know that's how you want to eat it too!
Other Sweet Dessert Dips
- Coconut Fruit Dip
- Mudslide Cheesecake Dip
- Peppermint Dip
- Cherry Dip
- Dark Chocolate Dip
- More DIP recipes
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please consider leaving a 5 star ⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further below.
*The post for Hot Chocolate Cheesecake Dip was first published on December 2, 2014. The photos and post have been updated and republished on November 26, 2019.