The little candy bar center in these Peanut Butter Cup Cookies makes these a family favorite treat. Change out the sprinkles and they are perfect for every holiday.
*Sign up for the free BruCrew Life email to have these delicious recipes sent to your inbox.
We are in count down mode here. Only three more sleeps until Christmas morning! Are you excited for the holidays? Are you ready?
All the gifts have been bought and wrapped, decorations are up, and the tree is shining bright here. The only thing left to do now is some fun holiday baking with the kids.
As a baking blogger, I usually have all my treats and recipes done early, so I can share them here with you. And in true form, I baked way more than I could possibly share with you this month. I guess that means I’m ahead for next year. Go me!
As I was going through the recipes I had to share with you, I came across these cookie pictures. Right then and there I realized that I have never share this recipe on the blog.
This fun little cookie cup is one that we make every single Christmas. It’s just a basic peanut butter blossom cookie turned into a cute little cookie cup.
I love that these ones have a peanut butter cup candy in the center. These cookies are probably one of my top 5 cookies. That’s how good they are.
Tips for making Peanut Butter Cup Cookies:
Beat the peanut butter, shortening, and sugars until creamy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat again.
Slowly mix in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
Roll the dough into 24 even balls. Roll in the extra sugar and place in a greased mini muffin tin.
When the cookies are done baking, let them cool in the pan for 2 minutes. Then press a chilled peanut butter cup into the top of each one.
Run a butter knife around the edge of the cookies and lift them out gently. Place on a wire rack to cool.
If you want to customize the cookies for a party or holiday, add sprinkles to the tops of the melted peanut butter cups.
You can use any color of sprinkle to jazz them up. When I made these a while ago, I just went with dark chocolate jimmies, but you could totally do a red, green, and white sprinkles to make them perfect for your weekend parties.
You can also use the white chocolate peanut butter cups and add some little snowman faces to the tops. That’s the plan for the ones I want to bake again this weekend.
I also want to dip these Peanut Butter Balls in some white chocolate and stack them into little snowmen. Using up the extra bags of holiday candies in a pan of M&M Blonde Brownies is also on my list of things to bake.
Oh, and my husband requested some Cherry Cheesecake Brownies, so I probably should start baking now because it looks like I’m going to be in the kitchen for a while!
More easy and delicious cookie recipes:
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cinnamon Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cherry Cookies
- Salted Caramel Thumbprint Cookies
- Nutella No Bake Cookies
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup sugar + 2-3 Tablespoons
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 24 miniature peanut butter cups, unwrapped and refrigerated
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a mini muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Beat the peanut butter, shortening, 1/4 cup sugar, and brown sugar until creamy. Add the egg, and vanilla and beat again.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly mix into the peanut butter mixture.
- Roll the dough into 24 even balls. Roll each dough ball in the remaining sugar sugar.
- Place in prepared muffin tin. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 2 minutes.
- Press a peanut butter cup into the top of each cookie. Gently use a knife to remove the cookie from the pan and place on a wire rack..
- Once the chocolate on the candy has melted, sprinkle the tops with sprinkles. Let set completely before moving. Store in a tightly sealed container.
KitchenAid Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield, 5-Quart, Empire Red
Wilton Perfect Results Non-Stick Mini Muffin and Cupcake Pan
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 109mg Carbohydrates: 18g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 12g Protein: 3g