I’m sure you have noticed how obsessed with fun popcorn I have become. Have you seen this Reese’s Popcorn, this Coffee Toffee Popcorn, and this S’mores Popcorn. Yeah, I love creating (and eating) fun new popcorn.
I decided to cover this popcorn with a healthy coating of white chocolate and Nutella and some salt.
I couldn’t stop eating handfuls of this while it was in our kitchen. Something kept drawing me back to the bowl for more and more. And for research purposes, I just kept munching. This Nutella Popcorn is magical I tell you!
I love a good sweet and salty treat, and this popcorn has both covered. The salt helps balance out the super sweet coating and M&M candies. I love how the candy gave it a fun and bright pop of color. This would be the perfect snack for watching the Oscars this weekend. You might want to make a double batch if you have anyone else watching with you. I know we will be munching the night away.
Yes, I know Valentine’s just ended, but I was over the pink and red, so of course I thought of the next holiday. The best thing with this popcorn is that you can tint that extra drizzle of chocolate any color for any holiday. The M&M’s can be changed out for the different holidays too. I just happen to love those plain mini M&M’s…and it’s what I had in the cupboard that day.
If you are giving this away for St. Patty’s Day, place it in clear plastic bags or jars and tie with a ribbon or some green twine. Thank you Pick Your Plum for keeping me supplied with fun twine colors.
Game nights and marathon movies are the perfect excuse for making this big batch of Nutella Popcorn. Really it is a good snack any day or time of the week.
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1 - 10 bag white chocolate melts, divided
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature M&M candies, divided
- green gel food coloring
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl. Melt 1 cup candy melts according to the package directions.
- When melted and smooth, stir in the Nutella. Stir until melted and smooth again. Pour over the popcorn and toss until completely coated.
- Place popcorn on lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and 1/4 cup M&M's and toss again. Let set in refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons candy melts and add a drop of green gel food color to the melted chocolate. Stir. Repeat if you want a darker color.
- Place in a plastic bag and cut the tip off. Drizzle over set popcorn and sprinkle with the other 1/4 cup M&M's. Let set. Store in a sealed container for 3-5 days. Makes 8 cups.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 380Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 151mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 1gSugar: 40gProtein: 4g
Looking for more sweet popcorn to munch on?
If you liked this Nutella Popcorn, you might also like:
Tagalong Popcorn from Something Swanky
Twix Caramel Popcorn from Two Peas and their Pod
Biscoff Rolo Popcorn from Crumbs and Chaos