Enjoy this homemade Salted Caramel Mocha Creamer in your morning cup of coffee. Homemade coffee creamer is easy to make and and easy to customize with just a few ingredients.
Like it or not, technology has become a way of life. Unfortunately, it is easy to become too attached to your phone or screen device.
As a full time mom and blogger, I am guilty of spending plenty of time with my face buried in my phone checking emails or social media during the day. Some days I am just mindlessly scrolling through Facebook or Pinterest.
My husband likes to flip the phone out of my hands whenever he catches me zoning out. It is so easy to become disconnected from the ones around you when you have a digital device easily accessible.
Everyone in our house has a phone or digital device. If we aren't careful, those devices come on way too many times throughout the day. Limiting screen time has become necessary and needed so we can catch up with each other.
One rule that we have put into practice in our house is no screens at the dinner table. We sit down as the whole family at least 4 or 5 nights a week for dinner together. By keeping screens off during this time, we are able to focus on each other better.
This is our time to find out what is going in school and what activities are coming up. We also like to ask what one good thing happened during the day and what one hard thing happened during the day.
One meal that we enjoy every so often is breakfast for dinner. No one in our family is a morning person, so we enjoy Blueberry Pancakes, eggs, and coffee for dinner instead. My husband likes his coffee black, but everyone else likes a little bit of sugar in theirs.
The Salted Caramel Mocha is one of my all time favorite coffee creamers, but I cannot always find it in grocery stores. So I decided to create a homemade coffee creamer that I can enjoy any time of the year.
How to make Salted Carmel Mocha Creamer:
- Whisk together the half and half, instant coffee, and cocoa powder over low heat until dissolved.
- Stir in the sweetened condensed milk, caramel topping, and sea salt.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Pour into a jar and refrigerate.
- Stir or shake well before using in hot or iced coffee.
LOW CARB OPTION: If you are on a low carb meal plan, make the chocolate version of this Keto Coffee Creamer with sea salt and caramel extract.
More homemade coffee drinks:
- Thin Mint Latte
- Salted Caramel Mocha Latte
- S'mores Latte
- Salted Caramel Coffee Floats
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Latte
- 1 ½ cups half and half
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 2 Tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- ¼ cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground sea salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Over low heat, whisk together the half and half, instant coffee, and cocoa powder until dissolved.
- Stir in the caramel topping, sea salt, and sweetened condensed milk. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Store in a mason jar in the refrigerator. Go by the expiration date on the half and half container.
- Stir or shake well before using in your coffee.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 2 Tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 39Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 133mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.