The best thing about this Strawberry Butter? It's made with just 3 ingredients and can be used on anything you want! Spread it over toast, muffins, or rolls to make them more delicious.
*I am partnering with Dixie Crystals to bring you this strawberry butter recipe.
Looking for something different to spread on your toast in the morning? Most of us get in a breakfast rut, where we just keep eating the same things over and over.
I'm the same way. Whenever we have an extra box of strawberries, I find myself making this strawberry chia jam or this strawberry sauce because it's just easy and we like them. This time I wanted something different to make with the berries.
This strawberry butter was the perfect solution. It was so easy to make in minutes with ingredients I already had in our kitchen.
Why You Will Love It
- Only 3 ingredients! That's right. Just butter, strawberries, and sugar are needed.
- Ready in 5 minutes. All you need to do is mix everything together until you have strawberry butter.
- Fancy breakfast spread. This pretty pink butter will add a special touch to breakfast or brunch.
- Easy to customize! You can add other flavors like vanilla, honey, or lemon zest to change up the compound butter.
What I love the most about this whipped strawberry butter is how good it tastes. It's sweet and delicious and makes me feel like I'm eating at a bed & breakfast.
What You Need
With just three ingredients, you can make your very own jar of homemade strawberry butter.
- Butter - For the best tasting flavored butter use full fat, unsalted butter. Do not use margarine!
- Powdered Sugar - Sweetens the butter.
- Strawberries - Fresh, in season berries will give it the best flavor. Look for berries that are firm and bright red.
How to make Strawberry Butter
A swirl of strawberry butter is the perfect way to add some flavor to breakfast. It can be ready in 5 minutes, so it is easy and convenient to use.
- Add the softened butter and powdered sugar to a medium bowl. Use an electric mixer to whip it together until light and creamy.
- Dice the room temperature strawberries into small pieces. Add them to the bowl.
- Beat again until the butter turns pink and the berries are mixed in.
- Use softened butter, so it whips up light and fluffy
- Adjust the confectioners sugar to your liking.
- Make the compound butter in small batches, so it is easier to use up before going bad.
- Use room temperature strawberries to the mixture, so it doesn't separate when you mix it together.
- Wrap the butter in a roll using plastic wrap and refrigerate until solid. Unwrap and slice into tablespoon rounds for serving.
- Jars of flavored butter make a great homemade DIY gift for family and friends.
See the Full Recipe
I am sharing the ingredients and the full instructions for this strawberry butter recipe over on Dixie Crystals site.
Counter - The whipped butter can be kept in a sealed container or Mason jar on the counter for 1 day.
Refrigerator - It is best if stored in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. Let it come to room temperature before serving.
Freezer - Wrap it tightly and store in the freezer for a few weeks. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
How to Use
There is no wrong way to enjoy this sweet flavored butter. It's perfect for those on the go mornings when you need something quick and easy. Here a few of our favorite things to spread strawberry butter on.
- Rolls or Biscuits
- English Muffins or Bagels
- Toast or Buttered Bread
- Sour Cream Banana Bread
- Bisquick Blueberry Pancakes
- Strawberry Waffles
- French Toast
Does this have to be refrigerated?
It really is best to keep the fruit butter in the fridge because of the fresh berries in it.
Can you use frozen fruit?
You can use whole frozen strawberries. Just thaw them overnight in the refrigerator. Let come to room temperature and drain any liquids before dicing. I personally recommend using fresh fruit.
Can I use other fruits?
Yes, you can use any soft fruit that you have on hand. Blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, or peaches would be delicious.
More Strawberry Recipes
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and a review in the comments section below.
*Dixie Crystals sponsored this recipe and post. All opinions expressed are 100% my own. Thank you for letting me share products and brands that we use and love. See my disclosure policy for more information.*