These Tropical Blonde Brownies are loaded with white chocolate chips, macadamia nuts, and shredded coconut. The texture and flavor of this blonde brownie recipe will transport you to a tropical place after one bite.
When the kids were little we would always go to the beach every summer for our family vacation. Now that we live near the beach, we have changed up how we vacation.
Last month we spent a week on a lake in Tennessee with family. Our kids had so much fun hanging out with their cousins. They pretty much lived in the water and on the boat all week long. All the teenagers had a blast getting thrown around on the tube.
As much as I enjoyed being at the lake, I have to admit that I’m still a beach kind of girl. Give me the sand in my toes, the sound of the ocean waves in my ears, and a pina colada in my hand.
I know a lot of people missed out on beach vacations this summer. Now I can’t cure the no beach problem, but I do have a small solution. Try eating tropical desserts…it’s not the same at all, but at least they taste good.
Coconut is one of those ingredients that totally says tropics in my mind. So, if you can’t get to the beach any time soon, I suggest adding some shredded coconut to just about anything.
The other day I was craving something tropical, so I decided to jazz up these Congo Bars with some macadamia nuts and shredded coconut. Instant island style in sweet white chocolate blondies!
How to make Tropical Blonde Brownies:
- Beat the softened butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add the eggs and extracts and beat again.
- Stir together the dry ingredients and mix them in gently until a soft dough forms.
- Add white chocolate chips, madacamia nuts, and shredded coconut and stir again.
- Spread the cookie dough batter in a pan and top with a handful of white chocolate chips.
- Bake and cool completely before cutting into bars.
More easy tropical desserts you may like:
Connect more with Inside BruCrew Life!
Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #brucrewlifebaking, so I can see the Inside BruCrew Life recipes you are making.
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 1/4 cups white chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add eggs and extracts and beat again.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly beat into butter mixture until a soft dough forms.
- Add the coconut, nuts, and 1 cup white chips and stir gently.
- Spread batter in pan and sprinkle top with the extra white chips. Bake 28-30 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Store in tightly sealed container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 269Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 172mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 3g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
*The post for Tropical Blonde Brownies was first published on October 19, 2012. The photos and post were updated and republished August 11, 2020.