Now you can enjoy the famous Dole Whip in your own home. With just three ingredients, this sweet and creamy frozen pineapple dessert will bring some magic to your day when you cannot go to the Disney Parks.
One of my all time favorite things to get when we go to the Disney Parks is the Dole Whip. There is just something so refreshing about this creamy frozen dessert when it is hot and steamy outside. And yes, it is worth the wait time!!!
Of course, Mickey Rice Krispie Treats, pretzels, churros, and Mickey ice cream bars all have to happen too.
Over the years we have enjoyed Family Fun at Walt Disney World for a few different family vacations. Now that we live in Florida, we decided to get season passes.
It is honestly one of my favorite places to go. My husband and I love going for day trips and enjoying time together. The rides are fun, but honestly, we are there for the food. That doesn’t surprise you at all, does it? I am definitely missing all the Park food while they are closed.
What is a Dole Whip?
If you are Disney fan like us, you already know all about this fan favorite frozen dessert and how it is a must on every trip. It is easily the most popular Disney snack. I love them so much that I made these Easy Dole Whip Popsicles last year.
A Dole Whip is a pineapple flavored soft serve frozen dessert sold at Disney Parks around the world. At Disney World you can find it at the Aloha Isle stand in Adventureland. You can also find it at the Marketplace Snacks kiosk in Disney Springs and in a few locations in Hawaii.
It is a light and refreshing dessert that tastes like soft serve and fruit sorbet. The sweet and slightly tart flavor is honestly so delicious. Dole Whips have come in six different flavors over the years: pineapple, orange, raspberry, strawberry, mango, and lime.
Another delicious way to enjoy this classic Disney treat is the Dole Whip Float.
Disney Parks Dole Whip Recipe
This copycat Dole Whip comes straight from Disney themselves. Recently, Disney Parks shared the official Dole Whip recipe so we can make them at home while they are currently closed. I couldn’t wait to try it out!!!
The “real” recipe at the Parks uses a flavored mix to make the dairy free dessert. This homemade Dole Whip recipe only requires three ingredients to achieve a very similar taste.
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Frozen Pineapple Chunks
- Pineapple Juice.
If you are missing out on the happiest place on earth, mix up a pitcher of Dole Whip and bring some magic to your day. To really feel like you are at Disney, break out the ears while you are enjoying one.
How to make a Dole Whip:
- Place the ice cream, pineapple chunks, and pineapple juice in a blender.
- Pulse until mixed, and it is thick and creamy.
- Spoon mixture into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip to get that tell tale Dole Whip look.
- Swirl the soft serve Dole Whip into cups or glasses and enjoy.
Dole Whip Float:
- Add the soft serve Dole Whip to a large glass.
- Pour pineapple juice on top just like a float.
- Add a straw and a cherry.
PRO TIP: Add a shot of rum to the pineapple juice to make this a Boozy Dole Whip Float. Tastes just like the one you can find in Disney Springs at the Marketplace Snacks kiosk.
Recipe Tips and Tricks:
- Using a high powered blender will give you the best results. Frozen pineapple can be hard to pulse. If you have a regular blender, let the pineapple thaw out slightly.
- Pulse the mixture in small bursts. Use a spatula to push the pineapple chunks to the bottom of the blender, then pulse again. Repeat until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Add a splash of vanilla extract to give it a little more flavor. This is optional, but it does make it taste so good.
- The Dole Whip is ready to eat right away. But if you want to serve it in a swirl, freeze the mixture in a container for 30-60 minutes.
PRO TIP: The Dole Whip at Disney is dairy free. You can use a dairy free ice cream or a little bit of coconut or almond milk in place of the vanilla ice cream.
Other recipes you may like:
- Pineapple Orange Punch
- Blueberry Pineapple Slushies
- Vanilla Pineapple Smoothie
- Pineapple Filled Cupcakes
- Marshmallow Firecracker Pops – Disney Copycat
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 29mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 36gProtein: 2g
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.