Rice Krispie Treats no longer have to be boring. Jazz up the best rice krispie treats with everyone's favorite Reese's candy. These Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats are easy to make and are off the chart amazing!
⭐ Why Make These
Rice Krispie treats are one of my favorite things to make for dessert. They are just so easy to make and always taste great.
The problem is that I can't stop my crazy mind from wandering when it comes to easy desserts. This time when I went to make a pan of original rice Krispie treats, I saw a bag of peanut butter cups and remembered how good these Rice Krispie Candy Bars were.
Right away I had to add a layer of Reese's to the middle of the peanut butter rice Krispies with chocolate.
Best idea EVER!!! These a layer of peanut butter cups inside these Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats made this one the most requested treats in our house.
📋 Key Ingredients
You only need a few ingredients to make these easy Reese's stuffed rice Krispie treats. Add peanut butter to the classic Rice Krispie treat recipe, stuff it with peanut butter cups, and then spread melted chocolate on top. Holy yum!!!
- Butter - unsalted or salted is fine
- Marshmallows - Large or miniature marshmallows will work.
- Rice Krispies Cereal
- Peanut Butter - Creamy is our favorite, but you can use crunchy if you want more of a peanut crunch.
- Peanut Butter Cups - Full sized Reese's cups are best in these bars.
- Chocolate Chips - Try it with milk, semi-sweet, or dark chocolate chip.
- Heavy Whipping Cream - Use it to keep the chocolate topping soft after it sets.
🥣 How to Make Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispie Treats
These easy peanut butter rice Krispie treats come together in minutes. If you love peanut butter cups or chocolate and peanut butter, you are going to love these easy no bake treats.
- Unwrap all the Reese's peanut butter cups and set them aside.
- Butter a 9x13 pan and keep the butter out.
- Melt the butter and marshmallows in a large pot over low heat.
- Stir peanut butter into the melted butter and marshmallow.
- Divide the hot mixture in half. Press one half into the buttered baking dish.
- Lay the unwrapped Reese's peanut butter cups over the top.
- As soon as the candy bars are down, press the rest of the mixture over the top. Try to get it as even as possible. But don't stress too much about it because we are adding a layer of chocolate over the top that will hide the imperfections.
- Combine the chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl and heat it for 30 seconds. Stir until it is melted and spreadable. If you need to heat it another 10-15 seconds, go ahead. Just do not over heat the chocolate.
- Spoon the melted chocolate over the top of the rice Krispie treats and use an angled spatula to spread it out quickly. Let the chocolate set before cutting into bars.
👩🏻🍳 Tips and Tricks
- Use fresh marshmallows for best results.
- Melt the butter and marshmallows over low heat. Overheating and cooking the marshmallows can create hard treats.
- Use cocoa rice Krispie cereal for a fun variation.
- Work quickly to put these Reese's rice Krispie treats together. Do not let the mixture sit very long at all, or it will start to cool and be harder to work with.
- Do not press the rice Krispie treats down hard in the pan. Pressing the mixture too hard is what causes hard rice Krispie treats. I don't know about you, but I prefer soft, chewy rice krispie treats.
- Make these chocolate and peanut butter bars ahead of time for parties and picnics.
📋 More Cereal Treats
- Disney World Rice Krispie Treats
- Monster Rice Krispie Treats
- Football Rice Krispie Treats
- Oreo Rice Krispie Treats
- Rice Krispie Pinwheels
- Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats
- M&M Rice Krispie Treats
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5 star ⭐️ rating and/or a review in the comments section further below.
(photo from July 2014)
*This post and recipe was originally posted July 23, 2014. The photos were updated August 2016, and the post was updated and republished June 4, 2021.
**This post may contain affiliate links. By clicking on these links or purchasing recommended items, I may receive a small compensation. I will only recommend products I use and love. Thank you for supporting Inside BruCrew Life.