Rice Krispie Treats no longer have to be boring. Jazz up the best rice krispie treats with everyone’s favorite Reese’s candy. These Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats are easy to make and are off the chart amazing!
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
Rice Krispie treats are one of my favorite things to make for dessert. They are just so easy to make and always taste great.
The problem is that I can’t stop my crazy mind from wandering when it comes to easy desserts. This time when I went to make a pan of original rice Krispie treats, I saw a bag of peanut butter cups and remembered how good these Rice Krispie Candy Bars were.
Right away I had to add a layer of Reese’s to the middle of the peanut butter rice Krispies with chocolate.
Best idea EVER!!! These Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats with peanut butter cups turned out so crazy good that now they are one of the most requested treats in our house.
What You’ll Need
You only need a few ingredients to make these easy Reese’s stuffed rice Krispie treats. Add peanut butter to the classic Rice Krispie treat recipe, stuff it with peanut butter cups, and then spread melted chocolate on top. Holy yum!!!
- Butter – unsalted or salted is fine
- Marshmallows – large or miniature
- Rice Krispies Cereal
- Peanut Butter – creamy works best
- Peanut Butter Cups – full sized are best
- Chocolate Chips – try it with milk, semi-sweet, or dark
- Heavy Whipping Cream – keeps the chocolate topping soft
How to make Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispie Treats
These easy peanut butter rice Krispie treats come together in minutes. If you love peanut butter cups or chocolate and peanut butter, you are going to love these easy no bake treats.
- Unwrap all the Reese’s peanut butter cups and set them aside.
- Butter a 9×13 pan and keep the butter out.
- Melt the butter and marshmallows in a large pot over low heat.
- Stir peanut butter into the melted butter and marshmallow.
- Divide the hot mixture in half. Press one half into the buttered baking dish.
- Lay the unwrapped Reese’s peanut butter cups over the top.
- As soon as the candy bars are down, press the rest of the mixture over the top. Try to get it as even as possible. But don’t stress too much about it because we are adding a layer of chocolate over the top that will hide the imperfections.
- Combine the chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl and heat it for 30 seconds. Stir until it is melted and spreadable. If you need to heat it another 10-15 seconds, go ahead. Just do not over heat the chocolate.
- Spoon the melted chocolate over the top of the rice Krispie treats and use an angled spatula to spread it out quickly. Let the chocolate set before cutting into bars.
- Use fresh marshmallows for best results.
- Melt the butter and marshmallow over low heat. Overheating and cooking the marshmallows can create hard treats.
- Use cocoa rice Krispie cereal for a fun variation.
- Work quickly to put these Reese’s rice Krispie treats together. Do not let the mixture sit very long at all, or it will start to cool and be harder to work with.
- Do not press the rice Krispie treats down hard in the pan. Pressing the mixture too hard is what causes hard rice Krispie treats. I don’t know about you, but I prefer soft, chewy rice krispie treats.
- Make these chocolate and peanut butter bars ahead of time for parties and picnics.
Other Rice Krispie Treats Variations
- Disney World Rice Krispie Treats
- Monster Rice Krispie Treats
- Football Rice Krispie Treats
- Oreo Rice Krispie Treats
- Rice Krispie Pinwheels
- Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats
- Lucky Charms Rice Krispies
More Easy No Bake Recipes
- Oreo Icebox Cake
- Monster Cookie No Bake Bars
- No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- No Bake Strawberry Pie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- Nutella No Bake Cookies
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
- 8 cups mini marshmallows (from 16 oz bag)
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 7 cups plain Rice Krispies cereal
- 24 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, unwrapped
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Butter or spray a 9x13 pan and set aside.
- Melt the butter over low heat in a saucepan. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Stir in the peanut butter.
- Pour the cereal into the marshmallow mixture and stir until completely combined. Press half the cereal mixture into the prepared pan quickly.
- Place the 24 peanut butter cups over the top of the rice krispies in the pan.
- Spoon the rest of the Rice Krispies mixture over the top and press down. Let cool completely.
- Place the chocolate chips and heavy cream in a saucepan and heat over low to medium heat until melted. Stir until creamy.
- Spread over the top of the Rice Krispie treats. Let set. Cut into 24 squares. Store in a sealed container on the counter.
*To make these easier, make 1/2 a batch of the Rice Krispie mixture and press it in the pan first. After adding the peanut butter cups, make the second 1/2 of the Rice Krispie mixture and press it on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 437Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 235mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 2gSugar: 40gProtein: 8g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
(photo from July 2014)
*This post and recipe was originally posted July 23, 2014. The photos were updated August 2016, and the post was updated and republished June 4, 2021.
**This post may contain affiliate links. By clicking on these links or purchasing recommended items, I may receive a small compensation. I will only recommend products I use and love. Thank you for supporting Inside BruCrew Life.