The layer of creamy peanut butter filling and chocolate glaze will make the best Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies disappear in a hurry.
Trust me and take a pan of these amazing brownies to your next party or picnic! I promise you the pan will come home empty!
Ok, so here is one of my favorite brownie recipes of all time. Anytime I have to bring a dessert, I reach for this fabulous recipe.
You can go easy like I do most of the time and use a box mix, or you can make a double batch of these Homemade Chocolate Chip Brownies for the base. Both ways work and will taste amazing!
Either way, as soon as everyone takes a bite of these delicious goodies, you will be the star of the dessert table. Every time I bring them to an event, people go nuts for them.
Get it…go nuts! Because these chocolate brownies have a layer of peanut butter filling. Ok, maybe I’m the only one giggling at that little pun. What can I say, I crack myself up!
I have been making this dessert for years, so I hope you enjoy this easy brownie recipe. The peanut butter filling on top of these gooey brownies is a very slight variation from these Peanut Butter Balls that my family adores.
The only difference is that this peanut butter filling has a little bit more butter in order to make it creamier and easier to spread on the top.
A layer of thick chocolate ganache coats the top of everything. And yes, licking the spatula after you are done spreading the chocolate out is totally ok.
I mean, why waste perfectly good chocolate, right? I know I never do!
How to make Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies:
- Bake a pan of brownies and let them cool.
- Beat the butter, peanut butter, marshmallow, vanilla, and salt until very creamy.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar until a soft dough forms.
- Drop spoonfuls of the peanut butter filling on top of the cooled brownies. Spread it out very carefully using a flat angled spatula. Do not pull fast or hard because you will tear the brownies.
- Place the heavy whipping cream and chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until melted and creamy. Heat again for 15-20 seconds if needed.
- Pour the chocolate on top of the peanut butter layer and spread out evenly. Let set and then dig in.
The last time I shared these Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies, everyone declared them illegal. In a good sort of way, of course!
But don’t take my word for it that these buckeye brownies are awesome, make a pan for yourself and see what happens.
More easy brownies you may like:
- Oreo Reese’s Brownies
- Coffee Cream Brownies
- Zebra Brownies
- Peanut Butter Brownie Dessert
- Fudge Mint Gooey Brownie Bars
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also have a fun Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 1 - 9x13 box brownie mix
- 8 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup marshmallow cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick baking spray.
- Mix up the brownies according to the package directions. Bake and cool.
- Beat the butter, peanut butter, marshmallow cream, vanilla, and salt and beat until creamy.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar until completely mixed in. Drop spoonfuls of the peanut butter filling on top of the cooled brownies. Very carefully and gently spread it out. The filling is thick, so you may need to press it on top of the brownies using your hands.
- Place the heavy whipping cream and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Stir until melted and creamy. Heat another 15-20 seconds, if needed.
- Spread on top of the peanut butter filling and let set. Cut into 24 bars. Store in a sealed container.
You can also use a double batch of these Homemade Chocolate Chip Brownies minus the chocolate chips instead of a box mix.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 153Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 67mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
(original photo from October 2008)
*The post for Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies was first published on October 28, 2008. The photos were redone August 2016, and the post was republished August 16, 2019.