A layer of creamy filling and chocolate makes these Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies disappear in a hurry. Trust me and take a pan to your next party or picnic! I promise you the pan will come home empty!
(pictures updated August 2016)
Ok, so here is one of my favorite brownie recipes of all time. Anytime I have to bring a dessert, I reach for this fabulous recipe.
You can go easy like I do most of the time and use a box mix, or you can make a double batch of these Homemade Chocolate Chip Brownies for the base. Both ways work and will taste amazing!
Either way, as soon as everyone takes a bite of these delicious goodies, you will be the star of the dessert table. Every time I bring them to an event, people go nuts for them.
Get it…go nuts! Because they have a layer of peanut butter filling. Ok, maybe I’m the only one giggling at that little pun. What can I say, I crack myself up!
How to make Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies
I have been making these brownies for years, so I hope you enjoy this easy recipe. The peanut butter filling on top of these gooey brownies is a very slight variation from these Peanut Butter Balls that my family adores.
The only difference is that this peanut butter filling has a little bit more butter in order to make it creamier and easier to spread on the top.
A layer of thick chocolate ganache coats the top of everything. And yes, licking the spatula after you are done spreading the chocolate out is totally ok.
I mean, why waste perfectly good chocolate, right? I know I never do!
The last time I shared these peanut butter truffle brownies, everyone declared them illegal. In a good sort of way, of course!
I know my jeans wish I would say sweets like this were illegal, but no, I keep on snacking on the sweets.
But don’t take my word that these brownies are awesome, make a pan for yourself and see what happens.
(original photo from October 2008)
Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies recipe:
- 1 - 9x13 box brownie mix
- 8 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup marshmallow cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick baking spray.
- Mix up the brownies according to the package directions. Bake and cool.
- Beat the butter until creamy. Add the peanut butter, marshmallow cream, vanilla, and salt and beat again until creamy.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar until completely mixed in. Spread gently on top of the cooled brownies.
- Place the heavy whipping cream in a small sauce pan and bring to a low simmer. Stir in the chocolate chips until melted and creamy.
- Spread on top of the peanut butter filling and let set. Cut into 24 bars. Store in a sealed container.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 153 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 13mg Sodium: 67mg Carbohydrates: 17g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 14g Protein: 2g