Coffee Toffee Popcorn Munch

It was a sad day on Sunday…
our Keurig coffee maker decided to die.
We have no idea what happened…
my husband made his coffee and everything was fine.
But when I came out an hour later,
nothing was working.
We tried unplugging it for a few minutes…nothing.
We tried unplugging it for over an hour…nothing.
We tried cleaning it out…nothing.
We tried jiggling the plug…nothing.
We tried calling Keurig…nothing…because it has been more than a year:-(
My hubby tried smacking the side of it…there was a flicker and then…nothing.
We think it is dead for good:-(
It is a good thing that I drink decaf, because I am not having huge withdrawal problems.
Although the first night I was starting to feel some crankiness set in towards evening.
(I guess even a small cup of decaf has enough caffeine to keep you a little addicted.)

Thank goodness for an awesome hubby who made a Starbucks run for us.
Maybe if I still had some of this yummy coffee popcorn,
I could have munched on that for a caffeine fix.
Chocolate covered coffee beans are a coffee lover’s dream…
especially ones mixed into white chocolate, popcorn, toffee, and marshmallows.
Bring on the caffeinated sugar high!!!  I am all about that!
I totally recommend making large batches of this…
the coffee buzz will get you through just about anything!!
Still need a good coffee buzz…try one of these!
Mocha Cupcakes from Shugary Sweets
Mocha Coconut Frappuccino from Once A Mom Always A Cook
Chocolate Mocha Muffins from Inside BruCrew Life
Coffee Toffee Popcorn Munch

by Inside BruCrew Life
6031169
  • 8 c. popped popcorn
  • 2 c. miniature marshmallows
  • 3/4 c. toffee baking bits
  • 2 c. chocolate covered coffee beans
  • 1 1/2 c. white chocolate chips, divided
  • 2 Tbsp. sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 Tbsp. instant coffee
  • 2 tsp. shortening, divided
Place 1 1/4 c. white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl with 1 tsp. shortening. Heat for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until melted. In a large bowl, combine the popcorn, marshmallows, and coffee beans. Toss with the melted white chocolate. Spread out on a large cookie sheet covered with wax paper. Sprinkle with the toffee chips and toss lightly again. Place in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to set up. Remove and break into chunks.
In a small microwave safe bowl, combine the 1/4 c. white chips and 1 tsp. shortening. Heat for 30 seconds and stir until creamy. Set aside. In another small glass bowl, heat the condensed milk for 15-20 seconds. Stir in the instant coffee until dissolved. Stir into the melted white chocolate. Spoon into a small ziplock bag and cut a small hole in one corner. Drizzle the coffee chocolate over the popcorn. Let set for another 5 minutes before eating.  Store in an airtight container.
Thank you so much for reading my blog. If you liked this post, please leave a comment. Comments are a great way for me to see what is a blog hit or miss:-)

Comments

Awh, I’m so sorry about your Keurig! If you lived close, I’d be happy to lend you ours! My mom loves instant coffee and is brand-loyal, and my dad actually prefers the rinky dink little machines, so ours is unused! I think it’s awesome, but again, I’m still in the super-beginner stages of coffee drinking, so my cup is 99% milk, 1% coffee :) on a happier note, this popcorn looks amazing! And FYI, I have your mocha muffins in my oven right now and it smells INCREDIBLE.

Lack of coffee is a serious problem…I hate it when a girl can’t get her coffee fix! This popcorn, however, looks like it could cure any the blues any day of the week. Serious deliciousness :)

Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos

Jocelyn, I love those chocolate covered beams but talk about a rush! So sorry to hear about your coffee maker. Hubby has been wanting one of those Keurigs but the way we drink coffee and got through coffee makers, I just hate to go to the expense. Hubby doesn’t want the cheap model, he wants the one with all the bells and whistles for twice the price. Can’t wait for cooler weather so I can get back to making this like this popcorn. It’s just too hot for playing with chocolate right now, did I really say that? Pinning!

“Chocolate covered coffee beans are a coffee lover’s dream” – yes yes and YES!!! Your poor Keurig… hopefully you can get it replaced ASAP Jocelyn! and I agree with Averie – you’ve covered some of my favorites in this popcorn today! coffee, chocolate, toffee and popcorn make one killer combo.

There really is no greater tragedy then waking to a dead coffee maker! I am truly a morning coffee addict, I think I too would die if I could get my fix…unless I had your popcorn handy! Which gives me the idea, perhaps I should make this to have around all the time, just in case I ever have coffee maker issues! Of course, looking at this popcorn, I know it wouldn’t be around long enough for tragedy to strike! Great bowl of popcorn there! Great flavors!

It was quite the tragedy that morning…I was bummed all day! There is just something about the morning cup of coffee. And yes, having this popcorn around all the time is probably a good idea:-)

Did you try ‘burping’ it? Turn the Keurig upside down and give it a few good whacks. I had to do this to one of ours(both our college girls have them)It worked. I then ran vinegar through it to descale it and it is working fine…..6 hours away. My hubby is having withdrawls and has gone back to using our regular coffee maker.

Our Keurig died Sunday, too! Exact same thing. I called Keurig and even though it is 18 months old, they sent me a new one under the “extended warranty plan” (whatever that is). I got a new platinum brewer for $80 instead of the usual $160. May be worth calling them again and complaining. Good luck. In the meantime I’m making coffee the old school way but it’s not the same :(

Boo to the Keurigs dying on the same day!! They offered us that plan too…I was hoping for a quick and easy fix for ours though!!! My hubby has been making coffee in our french press…it looks a little thick and strong for my taste!!!

I actually don’t like coffee (nor does my other-half), but looking at the popcorn munch that you made…… and I’m changing my mind!
    It looks too good to pass

What a bummer on your keurig. Our first one died a few weeks before 1 year and they sent us a new one! This second one is now going on 2 years and no problems (knock on wood).

This popcorn is sure to make things a little better, yes?

Ugh, the same thing happened to my coffee maker about a month ago. It was a disasterous morning! I wish I would have had some of this popcorn to get me through–this looks absolutely amazing. Chocolate covered coffee beans just made my weekend shopping list!

What is up with all the coffee makers dying??? At least the caffeinated popcorn helps out some! Definitely get the coffee beans…best things ever!!!

Oh,my goodness…all my favorites rolled into one recipe? Amazing. Sorry about your coffee maker. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I am your newest follower. I’d love for you to visit me over at Posed Perfection and maybe even “follow me” back. Have a great weekend!
    Blessings,
    Nici

I’m stopping for a visit from Six Sisters’ Stuff today!
    I’m having so much fun visiting the participants of this blog linky party.
    So many wonderful and creative ideas.
    Oh, I’m so sorry to hear about your coffeemaker dying. My husband and I are coffee drinkers and have been through this type of lost. Matter of fact our toaster died recently. And we’re toast people.
    Man! Does this popcorn look good. Too bad we don’t have smell-a-vision.

So, Keurigs die because a tiny bit of coffee grounds gets stuck in the little pin that pokes through the cups. Yup, been through 2 and every single person I know who has one, has taken at least ONE back! Kohls will take it back and give you a new one! ANd I’m pretty sure Bed, Bath and Beyond will do that, too. :-)

1. [...] how obsessed with fun popcorn I have become.  Have you seen this Reese’s Popcorn,  this Coffee Toffee Popcorn, and this S’mores Popcorn.  Yeah, I love creating (and eating) fun new [...]