This Coffee Toffee Popcorn is loaded with candy bits and chocolate covered coffee beans. It’s a fun and easy snack mix to munch on while you watch tv.
*Love these recipes? Be sure to sign up for the BruCrew email to have these recipes delivered to your inbox each time a new recipe is shared.
(photos updated April 2018)
It was a sad day on Sunday. Our Keurig coffee maker decided to die. We still have no idea what happened to it. My husband made his coffee first, and everything was working fine. But when I came out an hour later to brew coffee for a Coconut Nutella Latte, nothing was working.
We tried unplugging it for a few minutes but it still wouldn’t turn on. We tried unplugging it for over an hour and still nothing worked. Then we tried cleaning it out, but that was a no go. I tried jiggling the plug hoping for a miracle. We even tried calling Keurig but because it was over a year old, they were no help.
Chocolate covered coffee beans are a coffee lover’s dream. As I was munching on a few, I had this brilliant idea to add them to a fun chocolate covered popcorn.
Then I stirred espresso powder into the melted white chocolate, and it was love at first bite. Bring on the caffeinated sugar high!!! I am all about that!
I totally recommend making large batches of this Coffee Toffee Popcorn. The coffee buzz will get you through just about anything!! Even your coffee maker dying.
Tips for making this easy chocolate covered Coffee Toffee Popcorn:
- Pop up your favorite popcorn and make sure you remove any kernels that didn’t pop. No one wants to bite into a seed and break a tooth.
- Mix together the popcorn and marshmallows in a big bowl.
- Melt your white chocolate melts and stir in some instant espresso powder. Pour this over the popcorn and stir it until everything is coated.
- Pour the chocolate covered popcorn onto a tray lined with parchment or wax paper. Sprinkle it with toffee bits and half the chocolate covered coffee beans and toss.
- Refrigerate the popcorn for 5 minutes and then remove and break into chunks. Add the rest of the coffee beans and toss again.
Let’s talk about espresso powder and the proper ways to use it. Please do not be like my husband and try to make an actual espresso from it. Although, it was pretty funny to watch him take the first sip.
So what is espresso powder and what is it used for?
Espresso powder is a dark concentrated instant coffee. These coffee crystals dissolve in liquid quickly. Instant espresso powder will give you a better and darker flavor than instant coffee. Bakers love to use it in chocolate recipes to give a darker, richer flavor to the chocolate.
If you do not have espresso powder, you can substitute instant coffee. Just add a little bit more, but make sure you test it as you go. Too much instant coffee can have a harsher taste.
You can also stir instant espresso powder into melted white chocolate to give it a delicious coffee flavor. After one bite of this Coffee Toffee Popcorn, I was in love. It’s a very good thing I gave it away because I really wanted to eat it all.
More desserts for coffee lovers:
- The caramel and white chocolate drizzles on this Salted Caramel Mocha Bundt Cake will have you going back for another slice in a hurry.
- Creamy vanilla frosting, chocolate drizzles, and a candy crunch make these easy Toffee Mocha Cupcakes a delicious treat.
- Chocolate and coffee mousse in a cookie crust make this Whipped Mocha Tart absolutely divine.
- A creamy coffee frosting and a layer of chocolate makes these decadent homemade Coffee Cream Brownies a great dessert.
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Be sure to follow us on our social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Tools used to make this Coffee Toffee Popcorn:
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate melts
- 1 Tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 1 cup chocolate covered espresso beans
- In a large bowl, combine the popcorn and marshmallows.
- Place the white chocolate melts in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds and stir. Heat again for 15 seconds and stir until creamy. Stir in the espresso powder.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the popcorn mixture and stir until coated.
- Spread out on a large cookie sheet covered with wax paper. Sprinkle with the toffee chips and toss lightly again.
- Add half of the chocolate covered coffee beans and toss again. Place in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to set up.
- Remove and break into chunks and stir in the rest of the coffee beans. Store in an airtight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 179 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 50mg Carbohydrates: 22g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 18g Protein: 2g