This Salted Caramel Mocha Bundt Cake is the best chocolate cake you will ever make. Salted caramel and white chocolate drizzles give this moist chocolate bundt cake a fancy and delicious flair.
Chocolate Bundt Cake
I like to start my mornings with a big pot of coffee. It can be 90 degrees and humid outside, and I will still brew hot coffee. My brain just doesn’t function without that caffeine jolt first thing in the morning. Plus, the leftover coffee is perfect for making ice cubes for lattes or for using in baked goods.
Did you know you can use cooled coffee in place of the liquids in cakes and frosting to give it a delicious flavor? You cannot taste the coffee flavor in chocolate recipes. It just deepens and enhances the chocolate flavor. Anything that makes chocolate even better gets an A+ from me.
One of my all time favorite coffee drink is this homemade Salted Caramel Mocha, so I wanted to make a chocolate cake with my leftover coffee from the day.
This chocolate bundt cake is for the serious chocolate lover. The box of chocolate pudding and mini chocolate chips added to the cake batter makes it so moist, decadent, and delicious.
Ingredients for a Mocha Bundt Cake
The cake batter for this coffee infused chocolate bundt cake comes together easily because we are using store bought ingredients. A doctored up cake mix is easy to do and tastes amazing!
For the Mocha Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Cake Mix – Any brand will work.
- Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix – Make sure you buy an instant pudding mix because the cooked one will not work.
- Coffee – Use leftover cooled coffee. You can also use hot water and instant coffee.
- Sour Cream – Adds a great moist texture to the cake.
- Eggs & Oil – Adds moisture to the cake mix.
- Mini Chocolate Chips – Gives the cake a rich chocolate flavor.
For the Topping
- White Chocolate Melting Wafers – I prefer to use Ghirardelli melting chocolate because it melts easily and tastes great. You can also melt white chocolate chips with a little bit of shortening.
- Caramel Bits – You can find these tiny caramel pieces in the baking aisle of most grocery store.
- Heavy Cream – Helps the caramel melt smoother.
How to make Salted Caramel Mocha Bundt Cake
The batter for this bundt cake comes together so quickly. Caramel drizzles and sea salt adds so much flavor to the baked chocolate cake.
- Grease and flour a 12 cup bundt pan. I like to use Baker’s Joy because the cakes fall out of the bundt pan every single time.
- Add the cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, eggs, oil, and coffee to a mixing bowl and beat until combined.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips and pour the cake batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean. A few crumbs is good. Remove and cool 10-15 minutes.
- Place a plate on top of the cake and flip the cake out onto it. Let the chocolate Bundt Cake cool completely.
- Melt the white chocolate wafers and drizzle over the top of the cake.
- Heat the caramel bits and cream over medium heat and stir until melted and creamy. Stir in some coarse ground sea salt.
- Drizzle the caramel over the mocha bundt cake and sprinkle with more sea salt. Let set before cutting into slices. (full recipe below)
More Salted Caramel Desserts
- Salted Caramel Brownie Cupcakes
- Salted Caramel Scones
- Caramel Bites
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark
- Snickers Fudge
- Salted Caramel Frosting
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life? Please leave a 5 star ⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further below.
Stay in touch with us through social media. Don’t forget to tag me in your photos when you try one of our recipes.
I also created a Facebook group and would love for you to join. Share recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. Request to join HERE.
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 3.4 ounce box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup brewed coffee, cooled
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1/2 cup white chocolate melting wafers
- 1/2 cup caramel baking bits
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons coarse ground sea salt, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 cup bundt pan with nonstick baking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, eggs, oil, and cooled coffee. Beat on low for 1 minute and then beat 2 minutes on medium.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand. Pour the batter in the prepared pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Let cool 15 minutes in the pan. Place a plate over the top of the cake and flip the cake over. Let cool completely.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the white chocolate wafers according to the package directions. Stir until melted and creamy. Place in a plastic baggie and cut one tip off. Drizzle over the top of the cake.
- Place the caramel bits and the heavy cream in a small saucepan. Heat on low until melted. Stir in 1 teaspoon of course ground sea salt.
- Drizzle the caramel over the chocolate. Sprinkle the top with the leftover sea salt. Let set.
- Cut into 16 wedges. Store in a sealed container on the counter.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 234Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 363mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
*The post for Salted Caramel Mocha Bundt Cake was first published on June 9, 2013. The photos and post have been updated and republished on November 15, 2019.