This Salted Caramel Mocha Bundt Cake is the perfect over the top chocolate cake for any picnics or dinner parties you go to. Make it and impress the pants off all your friends.
My day always starts off with a hot cup of coffee. It can be 90 degrees and humid outside, and I will still brew that hot cup. My brain just doesn’t function without that caffeine jolt first thing in the morning.
And for some reason iced coffee doesn’t get me going the same way a steaming cup of Joe does.
Another fun way I enjoy coffee is to use it in my baking. I love to substitute cooled coffee in place of the liquids in cakes and frosting. A layer of this Salted Caramel Frosting is the perfect addition to any mocha cake or brownie.
In this particular cake, you cannot taste the coffee flavor. Coffee is used to deepen and enhances the chocolate. Let’s face it, anything that makes chocolate even better gets an A+ from me.
Now this chocolate cake is for the serious chocolate lover. It has an extra box of chocolate pudding and mini chocolate chips added to the cake batter. It is so moist and decadent and delicious.
My all time favorite coffee drink is this homemade Salted Caramel Mocha Latte, so I knew this chocolate bundt cake needed those same flavors added to it.
How to make a Salted Caramel Mocha Bundt Cake:
- Spray a 12 cup bundt pan with nonstick baking spray. I like to use Baker’s Joy because the cakes fall out perfectly every single time.
- Add the cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, eggs, oil, and coffee to a mixing bowl and beat until combined.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips and pour the cake batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean. A few crumbs is good. Remove and cool 10-15 minutes.
- Place a plate on top of the cake and flip the cake out onto it. Let the chocolate Bundt Cake cool completely.
- Melt the white chocolate melts and drizzle over the top of the cake.
- Heat the caramel bits and cream over medium heat and stir until melted and creamy. Stir in some coarse ground sea salt.
- Drizzle the caramel over the cake and sprinkle with more sea salt. Let set before cutting into slices. (full recipe below)
Sweet and salty desserts truly get me every single time. The caramel and sea salt texture adds so much flavor to this amazing chocolate cake.
More salted caramel desserts you may enjoy:
- Salted Caramel Mocha Brownie Cups
- Salted Caramel White Chocolate Mocha Scones
- Salted Caramel Brownie Bites
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark
- Salted Caramel Snickers Fudge
- More salted caramel desserts
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also have a Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 3.4 ounce box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup brewed coffee, cooled
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- 1/2 cup caramel baking bits
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons coarse ground sea salt, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 cup bundt pan with nonstick baking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, eggs, oil, and cooled coffee. Beat on low for 1 minute and then beat 2 minutes on medium.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand. Pour the batter in the prepared pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Let cool 15 minutes in the pan. Place a plate over the top of the cake and flip the cake over. Let cool completely.
- In a microwave safe bowl, place the white chips and shortening. Heat for 30 seconds. Stir until creamy. Place in a plastic baggie and cut one tip off. Drizzle over the top of the cake.
- Place the caramel bits and the heavy cream in a small saucepan. Heat on low until melted. Stir in 1 teaspoon of course ground sea salt.
- Drizzle the caramel over the chocolate. Sprinkle the top with the leftover sea salt. Let set.
- Cut into 16 wedges. Store in a sealed container on the counter.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 234Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 363mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
*The post for Salted Caramel Mocha Bundt Cake was first published on June 9, 2013. The photos and post have been updated and republished on November 15, 2019.