This Salted Caramel Mocha Bundt Cake is the perfect over the top chocolate cake for any picnics or dinner parties you go to. Make it and impress the pants off all your friends.
My day always starts off with a hot cup of coffee. It can be 90* outside and I will still brew that hot cup. My brain just doesn’t function without that caffeine jolt.
And for some reason iced coffee doesn’t get me going the same way a steaming cup does.
Recently I was sent a Keurig coffee maker to try out. That got me so excited to drink lots of fresh coffee throughout the day. Normally my husband would brew a pot of regular dark coffee and take what amount he wanted in a travel cup to work, Then I would need to clean out the grounds, and brew my pot of decaf coffee. I would then drink one cup and leave some in the pot for later. Yes, I would drink microwave coffee in the afternoon. It wasn’t great, but it was easy.
I love that the Keurig brews a fresh cup of coffee in 30 seconds. No more waiting for the pot to cool off so I can make another kind. It also has so many different kinds of drink options. I may start the day with hot coffee, but by mid-afternoon I like a cold coffee drink.
There is a huge variety of coffee’s, tea’s, and hot chocolate’s to choose from. I really love the brew over ice varieties that have the sweeteners already in them. The sweet and creamy iced coffee and the peach tea are a few of my favorites.
The Keurig is so easy to use that my daughter will usually ask me if I want another cup of coffee because she wants to make it for me.
Actually I think she just wants to make herself a cup too. Some days I make her day by brewing the largest cup size and letting her have a small cup with some creamer.
Another fun way to use the coffee that is brewed is through baking. I love to substitute cooled coffee in place of the liquids in cakes and frosting. In this particular cake, you can’t taste a coffee flavor in the chocolate. The coffee just deepens and enhances the chocolate.
And let’s face it, anything to make chocolate better gets an A+ in my mind. This cake is for the serious chocolate lover. It has an extra box of chocolate pudding and mini chocolate chips added to it.
My all time favorite coffee drink is a salted caramel, so I knew this salted caramel mocha bundt cake needed that flavor added to it. I drizzled some white chocolate over the top.
Then I melted some caramel and added the sea salt to that. Sweet and salty truly gets me every single time. The caramel gets drizzled over the top and more sea salt is added for some texture.
Are you a coffee drinker? Today I am partnering with Aimee from Shugary Sweets to share about how much we love our coffee. Head to Aimee’s page for this Cream Cheese Coffee Cake. The amount of streusel on the top looks so insanely delicious!
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 1 - 3.4 ounce box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup brewed coffee, cooled
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- 1/2 cup caramel baking bits
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons coarse ground sea salt, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 cup bundt pan with nonstick baking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, eggs, oil, and cooled coffee. Beat on low for 1 minute and then beat 2 minutes on medium.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand. Pour the batter in the prepared pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Let cool 15 minutes in the pan. Place a plate over the top of the cake and flip the cake over. Let cool completely.
- In a microwave safe bowl, place the white chips and shortening. Heat for 30 seconds. Stir until creamy. Place in a plastic baggie and cut one tip off. Drizzle over the top of the cake.
- Place the caramel bits and the heavy cream in a small saucepan. Heat on low until melted. Stir in 1 teaspoon of course ground sea salt.
- Drizzle the caramel over the chocolate. Sprinkle the top with the leftover sea salt. Let set.
- Cut into 16 wedges. Store in a sealed container on the counter.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 234 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 59mg Sodium: 363mg Carbohydrates: 20g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 16g Protein: 3g
*Keurig provided some product for a review and the giveaway to Shugary Sweets and Inside BruCrew Life. All opinions in this post are 100% my own.*
**This post also contains an affiliate link. We receive a small percentage from sales made through these free referral links. Thank you for letting us share products we love this way.