Thin Mint Fudge Brownies

What would you do with an extra box of Thin Mints?  We actually eat the girl scout cookies.  But this weekend I made a pan of Thin Mint Fudge Brownies just for fun.  Who wants to come over for coffee and the best brownies ever?

Thin Mint Fudge Brownies - brownies topped with a mint fudge and mint cookie crumbles are out of this world good http://www.insidebrucrewlife.com

Every year I try to avoid the cute little girls around town that are selling girl scout cookies.  Now I fully support this wonderful club, so no emails about my lack of community service.   I just don’t like paying $4 for like 4 cookies.  LOL fine, 20 cookies.  Whatevs.  Of course I have no issues spending $4 for M&M’s or other candies I want.  Hhhmmm…clearly I am a very crazy individual.

I was feeling pretty proud of myself this year for dodging all cookie buying attempts.  Then one Sunday one of the little girls in our church was selling cookies, AND she had her mom helping her.  I have no problem telling a child no…I have had 13 years of child rearing experience after all.  But to have a mom ask you…let’s just say I did my cookie duty and ordered 2 boxes.  Apparently I can’t say no to adults selling cookies.

Now most people just eat their cookies…and you know what, we do too.  But sometimes I get the urge to use cookies in a fun treat like Thin Mint Fudge Brownies.  Oh no, not the expensive cookies.  Those ones are only for eating!!!  Today’s brownies use a package of Walmart chocolate mint cookies.  No way am I chopping up $4 cookies just for fudge :-)

Let me tell you, these brownies are amazing.  Brownie bottom with a mint fudge on top with crushed cookies pieces.  I was having a really hard time not eating more than one of these bites.  Ok, fine.  You know me too well.  I had about 4 of these just in about 2 minutes flat.

These brownies are quite simple to whip up.  Make up a box brownie mix or make your own favorite home made brownies and let them cool.  Once they were cool, I pressed the tops down so it was completely even all over.  Then you melt together the fudge ingredients and pour over the top.  The best part is the cookie crumble topping.  My kitchen was so minty and delicious smelling.

I was going crazy all afternoon waiting for the fudge to set up enough for me to cut the brownies into squares.  This fudge is easy but it does take some time to set up.  I would recommend making it the night before if you want to  make them for a party the next day.  And you do want to take these Thin Mint Fudge Brownies to a party…otherwise you will most definitely eat more than your fair share.

You need to head over to my bestie’s blog Shugary Sweets today…she and I decided to share Thin Mint goodies on the same day.  She made the most amazing THIN MINT PUPPY CHOW.  I want to know where my package is???

Make sure you don’t miss any of the crazy baking
by following the BruCrew here:

FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM

Want more Mint treats?

Thin_Mint_Cupcakes

Thin Mint Cupcakes

Fudge Mint Popcorn, thin mints, girl scout cookies

Fudge Mint Popcorn

chocolate mint cookies

Chocolate Mint Cookies

Thin Mint Fudge Brownies

Yield: 70 squares

Thin Mint Fudge Brownies

Chocolate brownies topped with a mint fudge and mint cookie crumbles.

1 (13x9) brownie mix
3 1/4 cups white chocolate chips
2 Tablespoons butter
1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz.)
1 jar marshmallow cream (7 oz.)
2 packages Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Mint Chocolate
1 cup chopped chocolate mint cookies

1. Bake the brownies according to the 2 egg directions on the back. Cool completely. Press the brownies down with your hand, so they are even all over.
  2. In a large sauce pan combine the white chocolate chips, butter, and sweetened condensed milk. Stir until melted and creamy. Stir in the mint chocolate packets. Add the marshmallow cream and stir until melted. Pour on top of the cooled brownies. Sprinkle with the cookie crumbs. Press into the fudge gently with the back of a spoon. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before trying to cut into squares. Keep refrigerated. Makes 70 squares.

Friends with Chocolate Mint goodness:

Thin Mint Puppy Chow from Shugary Sweets

Thin Mint Rice Krispie Treats from Cookies and Cups

White Thin Mints from In Katrina’s Kitchen

Comments

Oh man I want some of these brownies! I haven’t had brownies in weeks, I think that needs to change. Today! These look amazing girl, love that you used Walmart cookies and not the real deal. Guess that means I can make and eat them all year long!

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

No brownies in weeks? Girl are you ill? You need to make and eat brownies immediately. Come on over…I have a whole pan of these mint brownies waiting!!!

I will come over for some brownies but I’ll take some tea instead of coffee ;) Thin mint cookies never last long in my house either.. in fact I was going to use one sleeve to bake with and when I went to grab it only half were left :( Mind you I bought the cookies maybe 2 hours prior to that! The creamy fudge layer looks delicious and yes I would have to take these to a party because I would definitely make myself sick eating all of these :)
    Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen recently posted..Lemon BlossomsMy Profile

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

I have plenty of tea choices too. Come on over and eat brownies with me until we are sick. I knew the actual Thin Mints wouldn’t last long enough for me to bake with, but thank goodness Walmart and Keebler have fabulous knock offs!!!

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

I am with you…mint doesn’t usually do it for me. But those DH packets don’t have that strong of a mint flavor…it was actually just perfect for all the chocolate in the brownie. I still have 1/2 a pan left, so come on over for a shoveling fest!!!

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

Haha best comment of the day! Thank you so much for the FB and pin love. I hope your cookies get here fast!!!

This past weekend I decided to do a sort of brownie dessert with mint… talk about an epic failure! Let’s just say the batter was green, and green batter doesn’t look to great once it’s baked. Putting the mint fudge on top of brownies sounds like a WAY better idea, and these look incredibly good! I would have no patience waiting to cut the brownies either!
    Alexandra recently posted..Confession #111: My organization is a mess… Apple Cinnamon Energy BarsMy Profile

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

It definitely sounds like and awesome brownie idea! Gotta hate baking fails and not so great colors! I kept trying to cut into these early and it wasn’t a good thing. Tasted great but presentation was a little messy :-)

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

Walmart is making it so much easier to enjoy our favorite girl scout cookies year round! You definitely haven’t lived until you have one…errr a pan of these brownies!

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

They are everywhere and look at you with those big eyes! So hard to resist, but somehow I manage!!! Thank you for stopping by Terra!

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

Oh my gosh! A Samoa topped fudge brownie would be awesome!!! You could use the DH caramel packet instead of the mint and then chop up the Samoa cookies for the top! This is a genius idea :-)

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

It is a pretty delicious combo! I wish I had more to share, but they were so tempting that I sent the rest to work with my husband :-)

ooo I need to get my hands on some thin mints! Thanks so much for sharing at Nap-Time Creations’ Tasteful Tuesdays… so glad to have you around for the party! I’m pleased to tell you that this recipe is being featured tomorrow in a CELEBRATE GREEN (st. Pats) Round Up! I would LOVE if you would post the featured button on this post to show off your feature and follow via GFC or E-mail if you don’t already. Don’t miss out on any of the fun! (link will be live Sat. morning) http://www.nap-timecreations.com/2013/03/celebrategreen.html
    emily recently posted..Flashback Friday: {Growth Chart} Growing TreeMy Profile

Thanks so much for linking to Make the Scene Monday @ Alderberry Hill. You are being featured tonight!
    I hope you are having a wonderful weekend, and join me tomorrow night for Make the Scene Monday #64!

6. Susie Dumond says

Making this recipe tonight! I had some trouble finding the DH frosting creations at my grocery store. Do you think some mint extract and green food coloring would do the trick?

I think it would be fine to use the green food coloring and extract. Just do a little bit at a time on the extract so it doesn’t end up tasting like toothpaste. I hope you enjoy the brownies!