You've never had a blondie like this before! These Apple Blondies combine sweet apples chunks and crunchy candy bars to create a decadent blonde brownie treat. This simple fall treat comes together in minutes and will get rave reviews from everyone.
There is nothing better than a warm apple blondie fresh out of the oven. Want to know how to make this classic dessert even more delicious? Try adding some Butterfinger candy bars!
We know it sounds strange, but trust us on this one. You won't regret it!
We've taken the classic blonde brownies and kicked it up a notch for fall. Chunks of apples and Butterfinger candy bars make the chewy blondies so good. It's like having two desserts in one!
Why Make this Apple Blondies Recipe
Apple blondies are the perfect fall treat. If you love to bake with apples you are going to love this easy apple blondies recipe.
The bars are packed with all your favorite flavors like apples, cinnamon, and peanut butter candy bars. Butterfingers give them an extra crunchy texture and sweet flavor that will make your tastebuds smile.
Plus, these apple bars are super easy to make, so you can bake them in no time at all.
Go ahead and make your next fall party or get together even sweeter by serving these delicious apple blondies. Your friends and family won't be able to stop talking about them.
Enjoy making these apple blonde brownies with simple pantry ingredients that you probably already have on hand. They are also a great way to use up leftover Halloween candy.
- Butter - Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Brown Sugar - For these bars you will want to use light brown sugar. Dark brown is too dense.
- Eggs - Helps bind the ingredients together.
- Vanilla Extract, Cinnamon, & Salt - Adds flavor and balances out the sweetness.
- Flour - Provides structure to the blondies. To avoid adding too much, check out our post on how to measure flour correctly.
- Baking Powder - Creates a rise and lift as the bars bake.
- Apples - Dice the apples into small chunks, so they can bake better.
- Butterfinger Bars - Adds a slight peanut butter flavor and crunch to the blondies. Don't like Butterfingers? Use your favorite candy bar instead. Snickers, Heath, or Twix would be awesome too.
How to Make Apple Blondies
These apple butterfinger bars take less than an hour to make and bake. They can even be made ahead of time, so there is no need to stress about last minute desserts.
- Mix the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Then add the eggs and vanilla and beat again.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix just until a soft dough forms. Do not over mix.
- Gently stir in the diced apple chunks and crushed candy bars.
- Spread the batter into a prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack. Let the bars cool completely before cutting.
These apple blondies with Butterfingers will keep in a sealed container for 1-2 days on the counter. If you have leftovers after that, you will want to refrigerate them because of the fruit in the bars. They should keep 4-6 days in the fridge.
You can also freeze them for 1-2 months. Cut the blondies into squares and wrap each individual one tightly in plastic wrap. Place the wrapped bars in a freezer bag or container. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
Tips and Variations
- Make sure the butter has been set out ahead of time, so it is easier to mix it into the sugar.
- Line your pan with parchment paper, so you can lift the bars out easily after they cool.
- Sprinkle the top of the batter with cinnamon sugar before baking to give the blondies a crunchy top.
- Use cinnamon chips or toffee bits instead of the Butterfingers.
- Add ½ cup chopped nuts such as pecans, walnuts, or peanuts to the blondie batter.
- Let the apple blondies cool completely before cutting into squares. They need time to set up, so they hold their shape.
A blondie is a blonde version of a brownie. They are usually made with brown sugar instead of cocoa powder. They have a similar chewy texture like a chocolate brownie.
You want to use an apple that will hold up well as it bakes. We prefer to use Gala or Honeycrisp apples because they taste great and hold their shape. You could also use Granny Smith, Fuji, or Pink Lady.
More Apple Treats
- Caramel Pecan Upside Down Cake recipe
- Cinnamon Rolls with Apple Filling
- Apple Cider Donut Holes
- Apple Graham Cracker Cake recipe
- Snickers Salad
- Apple Crisp Cheesecake
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and a review in the comments section below.
*The post for Apple Butterfinger Bars was first published May 2014. The photos and post were updated and republished October 2021.