These Salted Caramel Brownies are sure to become your new favorite sweet and salty dessert. Soft brownies topped with pretzels, gooey caramel, and chocolate is always a good idea.
I feel like I am leading you astray from getting back to healthy eating this week with these brownies. Yesterday these caramel brownies single handedly took me down.
I was doing semi-ok with making the right food choices, but then I baked salted caramel brownies with pretzels. So, I figured why not share them with you, so we can both enjoy gooey caramel brownies in our fat pants. You can thank me later.
Thank goodness we had friends come over for football and food last night because they helped me out by eating the pan of sweet and salty brownies.
Salted caramel takes me down every.single.time!!! I have no self control when there is a sweet and salty drink or dessert around. Anything sweet and salty or chocolate and peanut butter is my kryptonite. I can’t resist it at all.
Yes, I realize I have issues and that I can resist it if I really try.
A few years ago Starbucks came out with a salted caramel brownie pop! Yes, it is as fabulous as it sounds. And yes, I paid the 1.50 price for one measly pop when I saw them!
Remember I have problems when it comes to salted caramel goodness. I justified it by calling it research. LOL!
In true foodie fashion, I totally was going to recreate the brownie bites for you. But then I got lazy and took the easy way out by making them into pan of brownies.
I really didn’t think you would mind once you saw the amount of goodness that was going onto the top of them.
How to make Salted Caramel Brownies:
- Bake and cool a pan of brownies. Feel free to use a box brownie mix or make a double batch of these Homemade Chocolate Chip Brownies. Either one works and will taste amazing.
- Heat a bag of caramels or caramel bits and heavy cream in a pan over low-medium heat until it is melted and creamy.
- Stir pretzels pieces into the caramel and spread it on top of the cooled brownies. Let set for a few minutes.
- Heat chocolate chips and heavy cream in the microwave for 60 seconds. Stir until melted and creamy, then spread evenly on top of the brownies.
- Press itty bitty pretzels into the chocolate and let it set.
- Drizzle white chocolate melts across the pan of brownies and sprinkle with coarse ground sea salt. Let the chocolate set, then cut into squares.
More salted caramel recipes you may like:
- Salted Caramel Mocha Brownie Cups
- Salted Caramel Coffee Chip Cheesecakes
- Salted Caramel Pumpkin Latte
- Salted Caramel White Chocolate Mocha Scones
- Salted Caramel Brownie Bites
- Check out my Sweet and Salty Pinterest board for more fun treats.
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 1 - 9x13 box brownie mix
- 1 -11 ounce bag caramel baking bits
- 1/2 cup heavy cream + 2 1/2 Tablespoons, divided
- 1 1/2 cups pretzel pieces + more whole itty bitty pretzels for on top
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup white chocolate melts
- coarse ground sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray.
- Make the brownies according to the package. Bake and cool.
- In a small pan heat the bag of caramel bits and 2 1/2 Tablespoons heavy cream over low-medium heat. Stir until melted and creamy.
- Stir the pretzel pieces into the caramel and spread it immediately on top of the cooled brownies. Let set.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, stir together the chocolate chips and 1/2 cup heavy cream. Heat for 30 seconds and stir. Heat another 30 seconds and stir until melted and creamy.
- Spread the melted chocolate on top of the brownies. Press the whole itty bitty pretzels into the chocolate and let set.
- Melt the white chocolate melts according to the package directions. Spoon into a ziplock bag and cut one tip off. Drizzle over the top of the brownies and sprinkle with sea salt. Let set.
*You can adjust the amount of sea salt to your liking.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 111Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 129mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
*The post for Salted Caramel Brownies was first published on October 10, 2012. The photos and post have been updated and republished on February 3, 2020.