This Apple Snickers Salad is the perfect sweet treat to make this fall. It's loaded with candy bars and apples and only takes 10 minutes to prepare. Add a drizzle of caramel and watch this dessert salad magically disappear.
This sweet salad is one we have been making for years. It only requires a few ingredients and literally takes minutes to make.
Over the years I have heard this fluff recipe called by different names. Maybe you have had it before but it was called candy bar salad or caramel apple salad.
It doesn't really matter what you call it, as long as you call it delicious. Am I right?
Why We Love This Dessert Salad
There are so many things to love about this apple Snickers salad. It's sweet, creamy, crunchy, and tastes like fall in a bowl.
The best part about this dessert salad is that it doesn't require any baking or cooking. You can whip up this delicious dish in a matter of minutes.
Plus, there are never leftovers. Once people try it, they will keep coming back for more fluff. It's a great dish to bring to picnics or holiday dinners because everyone loves it.
This Snickers salad recipe is the perfect blend of sweet with a little bit of salty from the candy bars. You will only need 7 ingredients and one big bowl.
If you want to make it with less ingredients, skip the cream cheese and marshmallows.
- Vanilla Pudding - You will need one small box of instant vanilla pudding mix. Do NOT buy the cook & serve!
- Milk - The best milk to make a box of instant pudding is 2% or whole. Other milks will work, but they may not set up as well.
- Cream Cheese - The secret ingredient to our fluff salads. It adds an extra creaminess and tang.
- Cool Whip - This sweet topping gives the dessert salad a light and fluffy texture. You can also use 3 cups of this homemade whipped cream, if you prefer.
- Marshmallows - The little miniatures work the best for this sweet salad.
- Apples - You can use your favorite variety of apple for this no bake salad. There is no need to peel the apples either.
- Snickers Candy Bars - Chop them into small bite sized pieces. I like to get the bags of baking bites and quarter them for recipes like this. Make sure to save some to garnish the top of the salad.
How to make Apple Snickers Salad
This apple salad is the perfect dish to serve at your next dinner. It is easy and delicious. You won't believe how simple it is to whip up this sweet treat in minutes.
- Whisk together the instant pudding mix and milk. Let it sit for a few minutes. It will be thick.
- Beat the cream cheese in a large bowl until creamy, then add the thickened pudding and mix again.
- Fold in the entire container of thawed Cool Whip (or whipped topping) gently.
- Stir in mini marshmallows, chopped apples, and candy bar pieces.
- Refrigerate for about an hour, so the marshmallows can soften.
- Serve with a drizzle of salted caramel ice cream topping.
BruCrew Tip: This Snickers salad is the perfect topping to this Snickers cake.
This candy bar apple salad is best served the day it is made. It can/will keep for 12-24 hours in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator, although it tends to start getting a little watery the longer it sits.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best apples to use?
Since this is a no bake dessert, you can use any apple that you prefer. I like my apples a little sweeter, so I usually use Gala or Honeycrisp apples. If you like a more tart apple, Granny Smith apples would be awesome.
You can also use a mix of sweet and tart apples. It's a fun dessert salad to make for Christmas when you use the red and green apples together.
Can this be made ahead of time?
This Snickers salad really is best the day of. I do not recommend making it too far in advance.
If you really want to make it early, just mix together the pudding mixture. Then add the rest of the ingredients within an hour of serving. If you cut the apples ahead of time, make sure to toss them in a little bit of lemon juice or Sprite to keep them from browning.
More Holiday Side Dishes
Other Apple Desserts
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please consider leaving a 5 star ⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further below.