You've never had a blondie like this before! These Butterfinger Apple Blondies combine sweet apples chunks and crunchy candy bars to create a decadent blonde brownie treat. This simple fall treat comes together in minutes and will get rave reviews from everyone.
Looking for more blonde brownie recipes? Try these easy blonde brownies or these M&M blondies.
There is nothing better than a warm apple blondie fresh out of the oven. But what if we told you that this classic dessert could be even more delicious with some Butterfinger candy bars mixed in?
We know it sounds crazy, but trust us on this one. You won't regret it!
We've taken the classic blonde brownies and kicked it up a notch for fall. Chunks of apples and Butterfinger candy bars make the chewy blondies so good. It's like having two desserts in one!
⭐ Why These are Great
Apple blondies are the perfect fall treat. If you love to bake with apples you are going to love this easy apple blondies recipe.
The bars are packed with all your favorite flavors like apples, cinnamon, and peanut butter candy bars. Butterfingers give them an extra crunchy texture and sweet flavor that will make your tastebuds smile.
Plus, these apple bars are super easy to make, so you can bake them in no time at all.
Go ahead and make your next fall party or get together even sweeter by serving these delicious apple blondies. Your friends and family won't be able to stop talking about them.
📋 Key Ingredients Needed
Enjoy making these apple blonde brownies with simple pantry ingredients that you probably already have on hand. They are also a great way to use up leftover Halloween candy.
- Butter - Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Brown Sugar - For these bars you will want to use light brown sugar. Dark brown is too dense.
- Eggs - Helps bind the ingredients together.
- Vanilla Extract, Cinnamon, & Salt - Adds flavor and balances out the sweetness.
- Flour - Provides structure to the blondies. To avoid adding too much, check out our post on how to measure flour correctly.
- Baking Powder - Creates a rise and lift as the bars bake.
- Apples - Dice the apples into small chunks, so they can bake better.
- Butterfinger Bars - Adds a slight peanut butter flavor and crunch to the blondies. Don't like Butterfingers? Use your favorite candy bar instead. Snickers, Heath, or Twix would be awesome too.
⏲️ How to Make Apple Blondies
These apple butterfinger bars take less than an hour to make and bake. They can even be made ahead of time, so there is no need to stress about last minute desserts.
- Mix the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Then add the eggs and vanilla and beat again.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix just until a soft dough forms. Do not over mix.
- Gently stir in the diced apple chunks and crushed candy bars.
- Spread the batter into a prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack. Let the bars cool completely before cutting.
📖 Storage Tips
These apple blondies with Butterfingers will keep in a sealed container for 1-2 days on the counter. If you have leftovers after that, you will want to refrigerate them because of the fruit in the bars. They should keep 4-6 days in the fridge.
You can also freeze them for 1-2 months. Cut the blondies into squares and wrap each individual one tightly in plastic wrap. Place the wrapped bars in a freezer bag or container. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
👩🏻🍳 Tips and Variations
- Make sure the butter has been set out ahead of time, so it is easier to mix it into the sugar.
- Line your pan with parchment paper, so you can lift the bars out easily after they cool.
- Sprinkle the top of the batter with cinnamon sugar before baking to give the blondies a crunchy top.
- Use cinnamon chips or toffee bits instead of the Butterfingers.
- Add ½ cup chopped nuts such as pecans, walnuts, or peanuts to the blondie batter.
- Let the apple blondies cool completely before cutting into squares. They need time to set up, so they hold their shape.
💭 Recipe FAQ'S
A blondie is a blonde version of a brownie. They are usually made with brown sugar instead of cocoa powder. They have a similar chewy texture like a chocolate brownie.
You want to use an apple that will hold up well as it bakes. We prefer to use Gala or Honeycrisp apples because they taste great and hold their shape. You could also use Granny Smith, Fuji, or Pink Lady.
📋 More Apple Treats
- Caramel Pecan Upside Down Cake recipe
- Cinnamon Rolls with Apple Filling
- Apple Cider Donut Holes
- Apple Graham Cracker Cake recipe
- Snickers Salad
- Apple Crisp Cheesecake
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please consider leaving a 5 star ⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further below.
*The post for Apple Butterfinger Bars was first published May 2014. The photos and post were updated and republished October 2021.
Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet
Love love love these! My favorite bars with apples! Can't go wrong with that! Pinned!
Thanks Anna! 🙂
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction
And now my mind is filled with all kinds of desserts using the apple and butterfinger combo!
Emily @ Life on Food
One of my favorite snacks is apples and peanut butter. These bars are the dessert version. Lovin it!
Chloe @ foodlikecake
Yum! All my favorite things in a blondie 🙂
Shannon @ Bake.Frost.Repeat.
Those apples look so good. And I've never thought of apples and butterfingers together, but now that I see these bars, that would be awesome!
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust
OMG, these are genius Jocelyn!!
Thanks girl! 😉
kristy @ the wicked noodle
WOW, these look amazing! And so do those Fluffernutter Apple Nachos - love the way you've used apples in these desserts. Very fun and looks delish!
Apples and peanut butter are a great combination! Crunchy bits of Butterfinger in a gooey soft blondie sounds delicious!
Averie @ Averie Cooks
That center/interior is just so soft, moist, dense...that is ALL ME, right there! Pinned
And with the apples + butterfinger combo, mmm, delish!
Oh lord. I never thought of this, but you're a genius! Just last week I was chowing down on a caramel apple covered with PB cups, and this reminds me of that experience.
Wow! I'm incredibly excited. This is great!
Zainab @ Blahnik Baker
These are genius!! I love apples and the travel packs will be perfect for my lunch box too.
Jess @ On Sugar Mountain
As if I could love blondies more, you threw candy and apples into them! AGH WHY ARE YOU SO SMART?!? 😀
Haha!! You're making me blush!! 😉 Thanks Jess!
Oh yeah! Apples and caramel for the win! We've always loved apples for snacking, but very rarely planned ahead to cut them before a trip, etc. Those little packs would be life savers!
sue/the view from great island
I would love to come to your house and just watch you work! And then taste test for you, of course.
Haha, it's probably very entertaining watching me work! 😉 And I could always use more taste testers!!
Trish - Mom On Timeout
These bars look crazy good Jocelyn! And I can just imagine how awesome the apple tastes in them - YUM! Pinned!
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes)
These bars look amazing!
Thanks Jocelyn! 🙂
Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes
Blondies and butterfingers are two of my favorite things - and you combined them..and even added apples 🙂 Love it!
Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent
Love the idea of mixing butterfingers with apples. What an original idea 🙂 Can't wait to see all of the new apple recipes that you will post.
Those bars are looking really good! And such a good idea to put something healthy in a snack, it's a lot more delicious that way!
You gotta love the convienence of these apples. These bars look wicked delicious!