Toffee bits, bananas, and chocolate chips – all the flavors of a banoffee pie baked into a sweet cookie. These Banoffee Chocolate Chip Cookies are a delicious way to use up extra bananas this week.
These banana toffee chocolate chip cookies are to blame for my lack of self control with sweets last week. I honestly couldn’t stop eating them. Thanks a lot yummy chocolate chip cookies, now my jeans hate me.
Hhhhmmm, I should probably just blame myself and my apparent lack of self control when it comes to sweets. Naaaa…I will let the cookies take the fall. It’s easier that way.
I had to freeze the rest of these chocolate chip cookies, just so I would stop eating them. For some odd reason, I won’t pull frozen cookies out of the freezer and munch on them. So into the freezer they went until our son had friends over to swim.
Now if only I could get myself to freeze them or give them away as soon as I was done baking. That might be something I should work on this week…
So, I am just warning you right now that if you make these banoffee cookies, (and trust me, you should) do not come crying to me when you eat all the cookies. Because it’s bound to happen with a cookie this good.
Years and years ago when I first started blogging, I saw pictures of banoffee pie. Of course, I have actually never had a slice of this amazing looking dessert…yet. I think it’s something that should happen soon.
What is Banoffee Pie?
- The word banoffee itself is a combination of the two words banana and toffee.
- Banoffee pie is a popular English dessert.
- A buttery cookie crust with a caramel toffee filling topped with bananas, whipped cream, and chocolate makes one amazing dessert.
Since I’m a crazy banana buying lady, we always have extra ripe bananas lying around waiting for me to make Banana Nut Cinnamon Rolls or Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins for a sweet breakfast treat.
I decided to tweak Our Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies with some banana, toffee, and graham cracker goodness, and just like that this banoffee pie cookies happened.
How to make Banoffee Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Beat the butter shortening and sugar until creamy.
- Add the vanilla, egg, and mashed banana and mix again.
- Stir together the dry ingredients and slowly mix them into the banana mixture.
- Add the toffee bits and chocolate chips and stir gently.
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie batter onto a baking sheet and bake.
- Cool and store in a tightly sealed container.
More easy banana cookie recipes you may like:
These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Banana Cookies are chewy, delicious, and loaded with peanut butter candies.
A batch of these Cinnamon Banana Oatmeal Cookies and a glass of milk makes a great after school snack.
Two times the peanut butter candies make these soft Banana Reese’s Cookies a delicious choice for the cookie jar.
These Banana Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies are so soft and delicious. Such a great way to sneak some fruits and veggies into your dessert.
Banana Pudding Crinkle Cookies are soft, chewy, and taste like banana pudding! They are so good!
Each one of these Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies are loaded with chocolate and only contain 73 calories each. Awesome way to eat cookies for breakfast!
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also have a fun Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 3/4 cup butter shortening
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup mashed banana (2 - 2 1/2 med. bananas)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup toffee bits
- 3/4 cup miniature chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a sheet pan with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Beat the shortening and sugar until creamy. Add the vanilla, egg, and banana and mix again.
- Stir together the flour, salt, baking soda, and graham cracker crumbs. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture until a soft dough forms.
- Add the toffee bits and 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips and stir gently.
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto the prepared pan and bake for 9 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and the let the cookies cool on the pan for 2-3 minutes. Gently remove the cookies from the pan and place on a sheet of parchment on the counter.
- Press a few of the remaining mini chocolate chips into the tops of the warm cookies, if desired. Let cool completely. Store in a tightly sealed container.
*Freeze the cookies in a freezer safe container. Place cookies between layers of parchment to keep them from sticking together. To thaw, remove the container from the freezer and place on the counter.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 180 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 25mg Sodium: 157mg Carbohydrates: 24g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 16g Protein: 2g
(Original photo from September 2010)
*The post for Banoffee Chocolate Chip Cookies was first published on September 7, 2010. The photos and recipe have been updated and republished on August 26, 2019.