This Cheddar Sausage Pasta Skillet recipe can be on your dinner table in under 30 minutes. The creamy three cheese sauce with sausage and veggies in this pasta dinner will get smiles from everyone.
Cheesy pasta meals are truly one of my favorite things to make and eat for dinner. We make and enjoy this Cheesy Chicken Pasta quite often because it is so easy to make and tastes amazing!
I will be team pasta for life…even if my body doesn’t always agree with me. As long as I am careful with what I eat, pasta can be an exception once in a while, right?
This cheesy skillet meal got two thumbs up from everyone in our house when I made it. It has savory sausage in the creamiest cheese sauce. I really couldn’t wait any longer to share this skillet recipe with you.
In under 30 minutes, you can be serving a delicious comfort food meal that your entire family will love.
Dinners that require little work are my favorite kind to prepare. Simple, easy, and little clean up are some of my requirements for a delicious meal.
I like to chop veggies ahead of time and keep them in bags in the fridge or freezer. It saves me a little time on busy nights when the hungry masses want dinner in a hurry.
The smoked sausage in this recipe paired so well with the onion, peppers, and garlic. You can also use a crumbled sausage in place of the kielbasa, if that is what you have on hand at the moment.
How to make a Cheddar Sausage Pasta Skillet:
- Cook and drain the pasta.
- Sauté the onions and peppers in a large skillet. Add the sliced sausage and garlic and heat through.
- Add milk and cheese and stir until melted and creamy.
- Stir in pasta until coated.
- Top with more cheese and cover with lid until melted.
What can you serve with pasta?
How do you reheat cheesy pasta?
Place the pasta in a skillet over medium heat. Add a splash or two of milk and stir it in as it reheats slowly. The chilled cheese sauce will slowly start to melt and get creamy again.
Do not heat over a high heat because it can cause the sauce to separate and curdle.
Other easy skillet recipes you may like:
- Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet Tortellini
- Tomato Basil Sausage Skillet
- Easy Skillet Lasagna Ravioli
- Spinach Artichoke Chicken Pasta Skillet
- Spicy Parmesan Shrimp Scampi
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 8 ounces rotini pasta
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 cup diced green peppers
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 16 ounce package smoked kielbasa, sliced
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 3 cups shredded triple cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- green onions, for garnish
- red chili pepper flakes, for flavor and garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Add oil to large skillet. Cook onions and peppers for 2-3 minutes, then add sliced sausage and garlic and heat through.
- Stir in milk. Add 2 1/2 cups cheese and stir until melted and creamy.
- Rinse the cooked pasta in hot water and drain well. Add to the pasta and stir until coated.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese and cover with lid for 5 minutes or until melted. Serve immediately with green onions and red pepper flakes, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 516Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 991mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 23g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.