This easy Chicken Fajita Queso Dip is the ultimate party dip! Cheesy goodness loaded with lots of chicken fajita flavor will have all your party guests asking for this queso recipe.
Fall means football. With three boys in our house, that means every Sunday afternoon there are football games playing nonstop. It doesn’t really matter who is playing, although they love to watch the Bears play as much as they can.
Now, my husband usually falls asleep on the couch while the game is on, and the boys get distracted about halfway through with their video games.
My daughter and I will try to change the channel to a more girly option, but my husband will wake right up and tell you that he is still watching the game. The guys definitely rule the remote on game days.
Football also means parties and lots of good food to eat. I say bring on more game days if that means we can snack on food all day long and have friends over.
One of our favorite things to make for football get-togethers are cheese dips. We always have this Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip and and an easy queso dip with lots of chips.
I love that both dips can be ready in just minutes, and that they both disappear from the party table right away. I would call that party food success!
Although the easy two ingredient queso dip is amazing by itself, there are times that I like to add a twist to it! Say hello to the Chicken Fajita Queso Dip!
I was so excited about making this new, delicious dip, that we devoured two batches of it in less than 24 hours. My hungry boys just couldn’t get enough of it.
How to make Chicken Fajita Queso Dip:
- Sauté some onions and peppers in olive oil in a skillet until they are soft.
- Add cooked chicken and a fajita mix. You can use a store bought rotisserie chicken to save some time on this dip recipe. I have even used canned chicken in a pinch before.
- Melt a block of Velveeta cheese with a can of tomatoes with green chiles in another pan. Stir until it is nice and creamy.
- Stir the chicken mixture into the queso dip.
Our favorite way to devour this chicken cheese dip is by serving it with a sturdy chip. You want to buy ones that will hold a healthy scoop of chicken queso dip. No wimpy bites here!
More easy appetizers for game day parties:
- Stuffed Crust Pepperoni Pizza Bites
- Tomato Basil Cheese Ball
- Honey Sriracha Barbecue Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Calzones
- Pizza Pinwheels
Connect more with Inside BruCrew Life!
Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #brucrewlifebaking, so I can see all the Inside BruCrew Life recipes you are making.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 - 1 ounce packet fajita seasoning (4 Tablespoons)
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 - 10 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- Heat the oil in a skillet on the stove top. Add the diced peppers and onions and cook until tender.
- Stir in the chicken and fajita seasoning. Set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, combine the cubed Velveeta and can of tomatoes. Heat and stir on medium heat until creamy.
- Stir in the fajita chicken mixture. Serve warm with chips, crackers, or fresh vegetables.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 174Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 840mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 9g
*This Chicken Fajita Queso Dip was originally published on October 21, 2013. The photos and post were updated and republished on January 18, 2019.